Customs Clearance and unpacking of 40 ft Container

wayned

I'm looking for a Customs broker that can provide customs clearance and also unpacking of a 40 ft cointainer packed with dis-assembled machinery, in Bangkok. Does anycody have eaxperience and/or a recommendation.

Thanks for the lead, I'm looking for a company that wiil not only do the import but will also unload the container at their facility in Bangkok so that the equipment can be assembled and then transported to a remote location. Unloading the container on site is not an option. I sent them an email explaining the service that I am looking for so we'll see.

Thanks for the lead, I'm looking for a company that wiil not only do the import but will also unload the container at their facility in Bangkok so that the equipment can be assembled and then transported to a remote location. Unloading the container on site is not an option. I sent them an email explaining the service that I am looking for so we'll see.

I would rather doubt that any Import / Customs Clearing Company would be at all interested in getting your Container through Thai Customs and then giving your Engineers open access to their Container Storage facility to spend an undetermined amount of time to un-stuff the Container and assemble whatever is inside.

It's not their business - quick in - quick out. That's what they are there for.

Obviously I do not know what you are Importing, but I can think of very few instances where it would be more inconvenient to transport a fairly compact, full Container to a Site rather than bring a piece of already assembled equipment - the fact it was Imported Completely (or Partially) Broken Down for later local assembly in Thailand seems to me to indicate that that was decided to be the best method of transportation.

Patrick

• Like 1

Actually there are companies that do offer these services and warehousing where the equipment can be assembled. It is a JD Combine and corn header and will most likely be in a 40ft high-cube container. Right now it looks like it will only have to have the wheels removed and the harvester attachment packed in the same container seperately. The reason it is being shipped containerized is twofold: !) the cost of a container vs that of roll on/off is significantly less. 2.) the import duties are less since it can be imported as parts. In order to remove the disassembled combime which is about 10000 lbs you need a specialized loader which only the container packing and unpacking places have.

I was just asking if anyone had any experience with a company that does this. I've contacted a few this weekend but haven't heard back.

Thanks for your input and concerns.

Doc1.doc

Usually the broker also arrange delivery to you.

Than it comes with a group of man who unload it. Last container they already unloaded there and brought only the machine.

And often it comes like that:

One of these very old trucks and 5-6 people who take (in my case a 3.5 ton machine) down on wood planks and don't care much what is damaged on the outside. So I would insist from the beginning that they come with a truck with crane (or whatever is appropriate)

I would still have it delivered to a barn close to where you plan to use it, and hire a rigger to unload it.

Were you planning to drive it up-county?

What are you planning to harvest with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yep - can you drive that thing on a road? I do not know a company but good luck - would think getting it upcountry in the container is the first plan - then assembly near the farm where it is going to be used or in a town close would be the plan... those are too wide I think for putting on a flat bed truck and trucking on roads... any roads... here or in the usa... not sure how they transport them in the states tho... wide load signs on the Peterbuilt or Kenworth

Give Will a call she speaks perfect English even tho she is Thai her number is her number is 0849198899 she took very good care of my goods which came in from the UK in December mention Ossie from Samui if you cannot get in contact withher by phone pm me and I will send you an email the service I had from this company was brilliant.

Just curious why you decided to undergo every aspect of the operation yourself instead of hiring a third party to give you an all-in cost to have it delivered and ready to go where you need it. It would seem like an experienced company would have all the same costs as you will but maybe less if they know what wheels to grease at the import office plus their margin and then you don't have to worry about something going wrong along the way. This just does not seem like one of those DIY projects especially if you are coming to the Thai Visa general forum to seek advise.

Give Will a call she speaks perfect English even tho she is Thai her number is her number is 0849198899 she took very good care of my goods which came in from the UK in December mention Ossie from Samui if you cannot get in contact withher by phone pm me and I will send you an email the service I had from this company was brilliant.

you should probably send him this information in a private message. And by goods do you mean your gigantic disassembled commercial farm equipment or your sofa and undies?

also, op, are you sure that the "new/but disassembled so taxed as parts" plan will hold up to scrutiny at the import office? that does not sound kosher.

• Like 2

I'm sure it wouldn't cost you much to make a quick deal with an industrial or building site near your final location where you could have the container dropped, "rent" a given X00 sq m of space for a week?

Then you hire a few guys, including repair mechanics from your local tractor dealerships if you think that's necessary - or just DIY if you're capable.

My Company has extensive experience with what you are trying to do, we received more than 25 40" containers with old broken machinery for recycling here in Thailand, my broker can get them out, problem with your case is the whole machine is in 1 container and looks like it can be reassembled to be a complete unit, and they won't let you bring in as parts, some grease usually works, 80+k Baht, I also have a 600 sq meter warehouse in Chonburi with cube high loading dock, forklift is only 3.5 ton....

Let me know if you want my broker, she is ace on getting the job done, and speaks very good english, farm equipment might come under special duty rates (cheaper)

The mechanics, assembly and trucking from Bangkok is not a problem as we already have 2 John Deere combines and harvesters and low boys to transport them. They were purchased in Thailand. I was not able to find a door to door service from the US that would commit to unload, assemble and deliver the equipment in Thailand, only CIF Bangkok. If I could find a service here that would do everything I might consider it, that's why I asked if anybody has had something similar done. There are companies that advertise the service, but I have yet to get a response, but I just started looking.

For the cynics among you:

1 Barns are not a problem, but if we didn't have one we could put a covered shekter up in a couple of days, maybe even one. Used corrigated metal roofing and bamboo work well.

2. Up-country you can drive the combines on the public roads - no problem. But normally transported on lowboys over long distrances.

3. We harvest corn, sunflowers and other grain with them.

But I'm a farang and by law I can't legally work in the farming industry so I just sit back and give my 2 baht worth!

• Like 1

Actually there are companies that do offer these services and warehousing where the equipment can be assembled. It is a JD Combine and corn header and will most likely be in a 40ft high-cube container. Right now it looks like it will only have to have the wheels removed and the harvester attachment packed in the same container seperately. The reason it is being shipped containerized is twofold: !) the cost of a container vs that of roll on/off is significantly less. 2.) the import duties are less since it can be imported as parts. In order to remove the disassembled combime which is about 10000 lbs you need a specialized loader which only the container packing and unpacking places have.

I was just asking if anyone had any experience with a company that does this. I've contacted a few this weekend but haven't heard back.

Actually there is a company called the Worzels, they give brand new ones away with a new key, ooo Arrr, ooo Arrr.

attachicon.gifDoc1.doc

You haven't heard back from those whom you contacted because they think you are one among the scam people in the internet. They don't believe you that's why you got no reply from them.

When scam people place an order to buy something, although yours is not to place an order, they immediately order 1X40 ft. container. The order is not true. So for sure they think of you as one of the scam people.

Really!

I sent the emails late Friday night and it is the weekend. I've received two answers so far.

1. I'll get back to you Monday when I'm in the office.

2. Very interested. We have done it in the past and have the facilities and equipment. Asked for more info. This one was actually recommended by a TV member.

Not bad for the weekend, MR Cynic, oh, sorry Mr.DGIE!

You can contact Amnart Boonruangrod e:mail [email protected] mobile: 66+81 647 9715

Tell him Tony Marulli recommended you and explain to him what you are looking for. Be specific

and speak slowly. I might add that this is the 6th time I have sent information regarding a

shipping question and I do not get any feedback. It would be nice to see if you were helped.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks for the number, I coped it down before the Mods wipe it out since it's against rules to post phone numbers. I'm currently having productive discussions with a company that has done a similar import before for a TV member who has recommended him via PM.

yep - can you drive that thing on a road? I do not know a company but good luck - would think getting it upcountry in the container is the first plan - then assembly near the farm where it is going to be used or in a town close would be the plan... those are too wide I think for putting on a flat bed truck and trucking on roads... any roads... here or in the usa... not sure how they transport them in the states tho... wide load signs on the Peterbuilt or Kenworth

Usually the cutting head is detached and turned lengthwise on the flatbed. The tractor fits just fine.

The mechanics, assembly and trucking from Bangkok is not a problem as we already have 2 John Deere combines and harvesters and low boys to transport them. They were purchased in Thailand. I was not able to find a door to door service from the US that would commit to unload, assemble and deliver the equipment in Thailand, only CIF Bangkok. If I could find a service here that would do everything I might consider it, that's why I asked if anybody has had something similar done. There are companies that advertise the service, but I have yet to get a response, but I just started looking.

For the cynics among you:

1 Barns are not a problem, but if we didn't have one we could put a covered shekter up in a couple of days, maybe even one. Used corrigated metal roofing and bamboo work well.

2. Up-country you can drive the combines on the public roads - no problem. But normally transported on lowboys over long distrances.

3. We harvest corn, sunflowers and other grain with them.

But I'm a farang and by law I can't legally work in the farming industry so I just sit back and give my 2 baht worth!

I also do a lot of sitting back, i never actually do the workwhistling.gif