Looking for a good vet in Pattaya that I can trust for my sick dog.

Mobi

I have been going to Muang Ake Veterinary hospital on Sukhumvit in Jomtien but I seem to be getting nowhere and my dog is getting sicker and sicker.

Does anyone have any experience of Siam Country Pet Hospital?

Or can anyone recommend a vet somewhere in Pattaya that I can really trust?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been going to Muang Ake Veterinary hospital on Sukhumvit in Jomtien but I seem to be getting nowhere and my dog is getting sicker and sicker.

Does anyone have any experience of Siam Country Pet Hospital?

Or can anyone recommend a vet somewhere in Pattaya that I can really trust?

Thanks

There's that new Thonglor pet hospital on Sukhumvit and south Pattaya road (just past the Esso station. They are out if Bangkok so assume they know which end is which on a dog.

I have cats so don't know specifically about dog care but I've had good luck with Nern Plub Wan animal hospital on the right behind the Mini Big C Mart about 500 meters from the RR tracks heading east. Also see lots of farangs bringing their mutts there when I'm there so I guess they approve of the care.

• Like 1

I use the vet in Soi Kao Noi boon samphan I think the name is but seem very good for my furry friend for sure come from Soi kao talo into Kao Noi proceed down Kao Noi gor round the S bend when you get on the straigh section 500yds on the right speak good english hope this helps

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, never been to Muang Ake myself, but reading on this boards there have been a few good reviews about the place.

I’ve taken my dog to Siam Country Pet Hospital for about the last 6 years or so. Haven’t had any serious problem, however the two vets there seems quite knowledgeable and are also very caring.
Would definitely recommend you taking your dog there.

Additionally, before I used Siam Country Pet Hospital, I took my dog to the Na Jomtien Animal Hospital for about a year, that place has also got a few good reviews on this board.
My only gripe there was their pricing, but I understand that Muang Ake is even dearer. It’s located on Sukhumvit between Soi Watbon and Makro, same side and south of Muang Ake.

We used to take our pets to Muang Ake.........the treatment was ok.....the pricing outrageous ......same price, if not more than the UK

We changed (on recommendation from TV people) to the vet, located a couple of hundred metres or so across the railway Soi Siam Country Club (just past the 7/11).......lovely caring people.....pricing maybe 20% of the above....(e.g. above for spaying a cat 5000+.....Siam 800)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I will try Siam Country Pet Hospital as it seems to have very good reviews and is relatively local to where I live.

My poor dog is getting sicker all the time, so I hope they can help.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I will try Siam Country Pet Hospital as it seems to have very good reviews and is relatively local to where I live.

Hope (s)he makes a speedy recovery, it's a very helpless feeling when an animal gets sick.

Thanks for the replies.

Hope (s)he makes a speedy recovery, it's a very helpless feeling when an animal gets sick.

+1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, I tried Siam Country Pet Hospital and am very satisfied with their care, diagnosis and treatment.

My Golden retriever was kept one in for one night as she was very poorly and then 2 days later she had another crisis and I took her back and the vet came in on his day off to take care of her.

I also had to take in my other 3 dogs as they all had blood parasites which had attacked their livers. All are now OK, except the golden who unfortunately also has skin cancer, but she is as well as can be expected.

The blood tests take about 20 minutes and you can read the results to be sure what the vet is telling you is correct. He explained everything to me in English and in Thai to my gf.

If I had stayed with the old vet, not only would their fees have bankrupt me, but I am not convinced that they would have diagnosed the problem correctly.

• Like 1

Just for the record, I tried Siam Country Pet Hospital and am very satisfied with their care, diagnosis and treatment.

My Golden retriever was kept one in for one night as she was very poorly and then 2 days later she had another crisis and I took her back and the vet came in on his day off to take care of her.

I also had to take in my other 3 dogs as they all had blood parasites which had attacked their livers. All are now OK, except the golden who unfortunately also has skin cancer, but she is as well as can be expected.

The blood tests take about 20 minutes and you can read the results to be sure what the vet is telling you is correct. He explained everything to me in English and in Thai to my gf.

If I had stayed with the old vet, not only would their fees have bankrupt me, but I am not convinced that they would have diagnosed the problem correctly.

Great to hear that you found a better vet, unfortunately I have just read this post. We go for many years already to this vet with all our dogs. Always had the best care and never had any high bills as compare with Thonglor or different vets in Pattaya.

Hope the Golden Retriever with her skin cancer can still enjoy doing her things and laps around the lake and moo baan ;)

Great to hear that you found a better vet, unfortunately I have just read this post. We go for many years already to this vet with all our dogs. Always had the best care and never had any high bills as compare with Thonglor or different vets in Pattaya.

Hope the Golden Retriever with her skin cancer can still enjoy doing her things and laps around the lake and moo baan wink.png

Thanks for the good wishes. Unfortunately the poor thing can hardly move and spends her days flopped out on the floor of the lounge and her nights flopped out beside my bed.

She is eating very little and looks to be near the end.

I will take her back to the doc tomorrow and see what he has to say.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
On 2/23/2014 at 4:20 PM, Mobi said:

Thanks for the good wishes. Unfortunately the poor thing can hardly move and spends her days flopped out on the floor of the lounge and her nights flopped out beside my bed.

She is eating very little and looks to be near the end.

I will take her back to the doc tomorrow and see what he has to say.

any update please ?

Seven year old topic!

Most doubtful that Mobi is paying much attention to it as he is now living in a small village near Oakham in rural England

//CLOSED//