UK tourist visa rejection

Yes, the decision could be after her desired travel date; depending on when she submitted the application and current processing times.

Declined or accepted; the processing time is the same. The decision is not made until the application is processed and the application isn't processed until it reaches the head of the queue.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Application submitted 14th march,,

Email to say 15 days for a response,,also I presume they don't class Saturday and Sunday as a working day,,,

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Application submitted 14th march,

Email to say 15 days for a response,,also I presume they don't class Saturday and Sunday as a working day.

They say to allow 15 working days and then it takes a day or two for the package to be returned to VFS and logged onto their system, and you're right that doesn't include weekends and holidays. The next batch of holidays is Songkran and Easter, hopefully you will have a decision by then, though the 15 days is only an indicative figure..

This is normally a fairly busy time of the year, students are applying to study in the UK and there is always a rush to beat the Songkran and Easter closures.

Application submitted 14th march,

Email to say 15 days for a response,,also I presume they don't class Saturday and Sunday as a working day.

They say to allow 15 working days and then it takes a day or two for the package to be returned to VFS and logged onto their system, and you're right that doesn't include weekends and holidays. The next batch of holidays is Songkran and Easter, hopefully you will have a decision by then, though the 15 days is only an indicative figure..

This is normally a fairly busy time of the year, students are applying to study in the UK and there is always a rush to beat the Songkran and Easter closures.

Thanks mate

Just to let you know that they received an email today to say the passport is ready to collect,,,

Presented application on the 14th march,,,

Available to collect today,,,,

His girlfriend is going to collect it tomoro,,,

I hope it's good news for them both,,,

post-200107-13964121380243_thumb.jpg

Email received to go collect,,

So the girlfriend travelled down from surin late lastnight,,

On arrival at the application centre they tell her that her application has not been returned there yet,,,

So what was the point of the email to say it was ready to be picked up,,,

Hehehe comical

Parents wrote letter, and 2 friends provided witness statements, we provided photos of us together for last 3 years, and documents of me sending her money each month

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shes working and you are sending money.....no wonder a rejection was given

Apparently she was told that her application could be in the next lot arriving to the embassy,,

So she waited around for 3 more hours,,

Her application was there,,,but unfortunately was declined,,,

I will let you know what the reason was,,if there was a reason,,,

Parents wrote letter, and 2 friends provided witness statements, we provided photos of us together for last 3 years, and documents of me sending her money each month

Shes working and you are sending money.....no wonder a rejection was given

Rubbish.

That she is working and he sends her money is no reason for refusing a visit, or any other type of UK, visa.

• Like 1

Apparently she was told that her application could be in the next lot arriving to the embassy,,

So she waited around for 3 more hours,,

Her application was there,,,but unfortunately was declined,,,

I will let you know what the reason was,,if there was a reason,,,

There has to be a reason and they have to give it to her in writing (in English, not Thai).

She can't appeal, but she can apply again. However, unless she deals adequately with all the reasons for this refusal she will only be refused again.

If you can post the refusal notice here, first deleting all names and any other identifying information, then we may be able to advise on how best to proceed.

Please scan and post the actual notice as an attachment if possible; if not please type in the exact wording; paraphrasing can give a misleading impression of the ECO's thoughts.

I can see straight away what the problem seems to be.My freind just provided his Barclays statements,not his actual savings account.He thought he just had to show where his work payments where paid and not his actual savings account.His Barclays account shows that he gets paid on every Thursday on average between £850-1200 every week but he withdraws it into his savings account.

As to her shop,they have had this shop in buriram for over two years,the earnings on this shop usually helps pay for their car,rent of the shop,kids taxi to school everyday etc,,so money hardly touched her account.

I have just noticed on the application it said she wanted 2 weeks holiday,when in fact they wanted six months,,

I presume next time he makes an application he provides his savings statement to,,,

Sorry about her refusal, your friend should show where the money is and how it got there (crrebt account -savings. But the bigger issue here is her circumstances, she needs to show she has a reason to return, and the fininacial reasons she showed were not enough for the ECO, she needs to show the money going into her account from the business, before it is spent, is there a shop lease, receipts for goods from suppliers, she will need to show the money coming in from the business before it is spent,, tax returns? and applying for a 6 month visit who will look after the shop for that period., hope fully a few more replies will help, to make a future application succesfull

Jamie

Both Bobrussell & 7by7 really know what they are talking about I would trust there judgement on this.

Good Luck.

There is just far too much info being submitted.

It is your girlfriend's application (not yours) so just a supporting letter from you stating who will finance the holiday / accommodation arrangements and a proposed itinerary with emphasis on having to return to Bangkok due to work and family commitments should be sufficient.

Bank statements from you and floor plans of the UK accommodation are relevant only for settlement visas and could be why the application was turned down. Emphasis must be on a 'holiday' of short duration and returning at the end of it.

Proof of her being settled in Thailand can help such as a chanote if she owns some land and bank accounts etc.

I am in full agreement with the above.

You were applying for a tourist visa; for tourism purposes. Why confuse it with requirements for other types of visa?

If she had stuck to the point of tourism, for a limited time, the application could well have proceeded.

Not sure how you will get yourself out of the hole now.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Edited by thaibry

Ants,

To be frank; from what the refusal notice says, I am not surprised she was refused.

Her circumstances:

She submitted no evidence of her self employment.

She claims to earn 15000฿ per month, but provided no evidence of this. Indeed, the only financial evidence she provided was 6 months out of date and showed a balance of just 68฿!

Did she explain where her earnings go instead of into the bank?

Did she provide evidence of the business, such as the shop rental agreement?

Did she explain what would happen to the business while she was away?

Did she explain who would look after her children while she was away?

Sponsor's finances

ECO's are not clairvoyant; they can only base their decision on the evidence presented to them. Submitting only current account statements showing a regular low, or even overdrawn, balance at the end of each month does not indicate that the sponsor can afford to fund the visit.

If what is left of his wages after living expenses is being moved from his current account to a savings one then he should have said so in his sponsor's letter and, as you say, provided statements of that account to show he had sufficient funds to fund the visit and support the applicant while she was in the UK.

Both of the above being down to poor preparation by both applicant and sponsor.

So, she needs to apply again, addressing the issues and providing the missing evidence.

I am concerned, though, by your saying

I have just noticed on the application it said she wanted 2 weeks holiday,when in fact they wanted six months

If a visitor stays longer than originally stated in their application this is not by itself against the rules; people's circumstances and plans do change. However, I would recommend explaining in any future application why they stayed longer than originally intended on that occasion and how they were able to; especially if they said they were only going to stay for 2 weeks because of work and/or family commitments and actually stayed for 6 months.

But in her application she lied; she said she was only going to stay for 2 weeks when right from the start she intended to stay for 6 months! Totally different situation; arguably attempting to obtain a visa by deception.

If immigration at her port of entry had discovered this deception, which is easily done as they can check her return ticket, if any, and question her and compare her answers to what she said in her application, then not only would she probably have been refused entry and sent back to Thailand, she could also be banned from entering the UK for up to 10 years!

There is another topic started by someone whose wife was subjected to over an hour's questioning by immigration at Heathrow. To be blunt, it is because of people like this woman that innocent people are subjected to such questioning.

I also wonder what would have happened to her business while she was away for 6 months, and who would have looked after her children.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 2

Ants,

To be frank; from what the refusal notice says, I am not surprised she was refused.

Her circumstances:

She submitted no evidence of her self employment.

She claims to earn 15000฿ per month, but provided no evidence of this. Indeed, the only financial evidence she provided was 6 months out of date and showed a balance of just 68฿!

Did she explain where her earnings go instead of into the bank?

Did she provide evidence of the business, such as the shop rental agreement?

Did she explain what would happen to the business while she was away?

Did she explain who would look after her children while she was away?

Sponsor's finances

ECO's are not clairvoyant; they can only base their decision on the evidence presented to them. Submitting only current account statements showing a regular low, or even overdrawn, balance at the end of each month does not indicate that the sponsor can afford to fund the visit.

If what is left of his wages after living expenses is being moved from his current account to a savings one then he should have said so in his sponsor's letter and, as you say, provided statements of that account to show he had sufficient funds to fund the visit and support the applicant while she was in the UK.

Both of the above being down to poor preparation by both applicant and sponsor.

So, she needs to apply again, addressing the issues and providing the missing evidence.

I am concerned, though, by your saying

I have just noticed on the application it said she wanted 2 weeks holiday,when in fact they wanted six months

If a visitor stays longer than originally stated in their application this is not by itself against the rules; people's circumstances and plans do change. However, I would recommend explaining in any future application why they stayed longer than originally intended on that occasion and how they were able to; especially if they said they were only going to stay for 2 weeks because of work and/or family commitments and actually stayed for 6 months.

But in her application she lied; she said she was only going to stay for 2 weeks when right from the start she intended to stay for 6 months! Totally different situation; arguably attempting to obtain a visa by deception.

If immigration at her port of entry had discovered this deception, which is easily done as they can check her return ticket, if any, and question her and compare her answers to what she said in her application, then not only would she probably have been refused entry and sent back to Thailand, she could also be banned from entering the UK for up to 10 years!

There is another topic started by someone whose wife was subjected to over an hour's questioning by immigration at Heathrow. To be blunt, it is because of people like this woman that innocent people are subjected to such questioning.

I also wonder what would have happened to her business while she was away for 6 months, and who would have looked after her children.

Quite. I do not understand what people think they are trying to get away with. The basic principles:

If it is a g/f, or even wife..are that

a.you have a demonstrable stable, ongoing relationship,

b.that you have the means to finance a trip and that there is, again,

c.demonstrable evidence that the wife/g/f/ partner will return to Thailand.

It is hardly rocket science, is it, when it comes to documentation?

PS. Have found that the best evidence to calm them all down is that daughters have school certificates from P3,P4.P5.

P6. M1 and

that my family's passports show evidence that we have left/returned to Thailand 20 times in the last 5 years. You would not do that if you wished to live in UK would you? G/F A little few months acquaintance? You cannot blame the ECOs can

you?

No sorry,when they applied for the visa they stated the dates 5th April-October,,,but when she received the application it said it was for two weeks,,,

They couldn't understand why it was only for two weeks when they hoped for 6 months,,,oh and definetly if only given 2 weeks there would have been no intention to overstay,,cos that would make future applications impossible.

Her mother and sister in law where to look after her shop as they have done in the past along with her son,,

Just to make it clear he has been with her for the last 5 years and had all documentation to prove this,not just a quick 1st time meet then I'm in love and make a visa for her,,,

I agree it was a bad application all advised by a visa expert who they paid for help in the process,I'm not sure if I can name the service so I won't,,

Dear all

I want to update you regarding the latest for my girlfriend and her tourist visa.

Thanks to the advice from Tony M at Thai Visa Express we have been able to get the original rejection overturned. My girlfriend now has her visa for the full three months we requested

I would certainly recommend Thai Visa Express to anyone else who might require a good and honest visa service.

I didn't think you could appeal???

• Like 1

Its seems the OP's post overlapped with mine.

His gf was awarded her visa. Yes, you can't appeal but you can point out certain things to ECO's which the OP seems to have done rather successfully with advice from Tony M at Thai Visa Express.

Well done OP thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

• Like 1