what is the best material you have used?

nicelee808

Hi all,

A question to you regarding your views on the best material or techniques you have come across whilst learning thai.

I am still at an intermediate level( I think), but so far for me, I started with the Benjawan Poomsan Becker books, which I feel was the main factor for me to learn to read thai, they offered a good basic vocab and basic sentence structure.

Now I am using Thaipod101, I am quite enjoying the material and I am in the middle of the intermediate level, I feel they offer different ways of saying things, which can be confusing, lots more vocab, lots of sentences and it has a good technique of reminding you of phrases that you learn't in previous lessons, but on the negative side it does have mistakes, which my wife say's certain words you would not use like the way they are showing, or some of the phrases are a bit over the top because they would say a certain phrase using about 50 words when my wife would say the same thing using about 10 words. I plan on sticking with it to the end.

I feel that the more I study the better I become at learning thai, but still cannot completely understand the dramas on TV or the news, or when someone wants to go into detail in a conversation, I feel I can make myself understood by using the vocab that I have, which sometimes the structure I use may not be correct.

If anybody has any reviews or opinions on there experiences or mine, I would like to here them