Uk Passport Renewal And Thai Immigration Etc

Hoping someone can help with advice.....here's the situation:-

My passport expires 17/2/07

I have a non-imm visa type B extended until 17/2/07 in line with my work permit.

I want to go to the UK in October for two weeks. Am I right in thinking I'll have problems re-entering the Kingdom because by October my passport will be valid for less than 6 months ?

Can I apply now for a new passport at the Embassy ? If so is it easy to get the Thai Immigration stamps transferred ?

As long as you have a valid re-entry permit you shold be ok.

In fact, I had once to argue on this in SIN. My p/port was just valid for one more month, so was the re-entry and they could partout not understand that I had to get my new p/port in Bangkok, as place of residence.

Anyway, the supervisor finally got it, 'the passenger has a permission by the Thai government to re-enter, that's it.'

Easier, I agree, get a new p/port and have your 'permission to stay' and the re-entry - permit transferred, than your docs are in order for next time.

Last year I did this and got both transferred free of charge.

8-1-2006 my passport expired.

I got a new passport on the 7-11-2005 and Sri Racha Immirgration re-stamped the complete visa story (non-immigrant :o.

Within 6 months (on the 11-2-2006) I went to Europe on a re-entry visa and everything went without problems.

I think that the validity of 6 months is important for the first entry, but it's not important anymore after the Thai immigration validated your passport with a visa.