Thai girls ranked Asia's top for unplanned pregnancies

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

......... So many young 16/17 years old running around with big bellies and no man who will claim responsibility.

I've never seen a teen with a 'belly'.......seriously.

....and hardly any adults for that matter....

Where do they get these numbers from?

By the way, the fertility rate in Thailand stands at a pitiful 1.2 children per woman (2013)

Vinnie, if you travel around the villiage stores you will find many have very young girls serving or sitting behind the counter with billowing dresses!

• Like 1

Needs:

- society changes

- education/information in conformity of the 21st century after Christ - not after Buddha

- legal inforcement

As long as every "Khun Maeh" pushes for a grand child and for marriage, for as long this problem will exist. In addition the girl - if by age able - might have to say "no" without being thrown out of the family.

Education through TV and mandatory lessons at school on today's levels compulsory

A nine year old "teen" mother; you must be kidding me. Get those responsible (in this case to pay and throw them into the slammer for child molesting).
All "mothers below legal age must be protected by law and the father to be dealt with the law

All mothers of legal age must be also protected by law and legally able to sue at least for child support which will allow her to get on with life. If Somsak cannot pay, throw him into labour camp and let him work for food, accommodation and debt reduction.

Believe me, within a short period of time things would turn around 180 degrees .......... yes, yes, I know, this is Thailand but still, every long journey starts with the first step!

......... So many young 16/17 years old running around with big bellies and no man who will claim responsibility.

I've never seen a teen with a 'belly'.......seriously.

....and hardly any adults for that matter....

Where do they get these numbers from?

By the way, the fertility rate in Thailand stands at a pitiful 1.2 children per woman (2013)

Vinnie, if you travel around the villiage stores you will find many have very young girls serving or sitting behind the counter with billowing dresses!

Hey vinnie? Do you leave your little village at all? Or do you just step out the back door of your house with your eyes closed? Or are you too drunk to see anything.

Theres no backround information in this article, can speculate a lot...I mean about social state and who what about the fathers...coffee1.gif

Have you ever seen an article with background , or maybe one without speculations ???? I haven't !

Theres no backround information in this article, can speculate a lot...I mean about social state and who what about the fathers...coffee1.gif

If this "Smiling" country would practice less racism and discrimination and "accept" a FARANG FATHER - equal to a THAI father, than I promise you, this country you have a lot of single mothers, less.

To give you the answer "with official evidence" -

A farang fatherhood does not count in Thailand! That, according to Thailand's leadership!

Kid, you're asking the wrong question here, and to the wrong people, and need to expect to be stung if you stick your fingers into a wesp-colony.

In a country where young people are told to abstain from intercourse instead of being educated about using protection, there can be no other result.

That would be a great post, if it were true.

Random example:

http://malaysiandigest.com/technology/487463-just-in-time-for-valentine-s-day-thailand-gets-its-very-own-safe-sex-app.html

And yet another hub status Thailand could achieve effortlessly. Congratulations, you're really making big strides in becoming a record holder in many, many disciplines... except those that really count for something in the eyes of the world:

-- educational excellence? Zip

-- human rights? Zilch

-- honesty and transparency? Nada

-- morals and ethics? Nyet

-- respect for law and order? Dream on

-- protection of the young and elderly? Pfft

-- advances and innovation in science, medicine and technology? Bummer

-- environmental protection? What's that

-- anti-corruption drives? Ha ha ha ha

-- press freedom? Only on paper (pun intended)

-- and so on, and so on...

Well, what do you really expect from a banana republic in the 3. world? coffee1.gif

If this "Smiling" country would practice less racism and discrimination and "accept" a FARANG FATHER - equal to a THAI father, than I promise you, this country you have a lot of single mothers, less.

To give you the answer "with official evidence" -

A farang fatherhood does not count in Thailand! That, according to Thailand's leadership!

Kid, you're asking the wrong question here, and to the wrong people, and need to expect to be stung if you stick your fingers into a wesp-colony.

The "official evidence", please ... (links accepted here).

The parents and grandparents and extended family members care for the babies. That's how it is in Thailand.

I think this is spot on the problem.

I know of 4 people who worked for me whose daughters ended up getting pregnant all before 15.

The common factor?

The parents of these children were all were busy trying to make a living and left their children in the care of the grandparents who were either busy farming or too old to keep up with the hormonal developmental changes and notice the sexual urges and curiosity getting the best of their grandkids. Thai grandparents are not familiar nor comfortable teaching their grandchildren about the birds and the bees so the kids are ignorant about sex and contraception coupled with the fact that horny teenagers find it easy to slip out of the watchful eyes of 60-80 year olds.

Parenting is not easy but when there are no parents around its hardly fair to put all the blame on the kids as society often does.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

It's odd that the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, a local affair with possibly no clue

to other neighbouring nations "social dilemmas" would say this. Malaysia has had a severe problem with

unwanted pregnancies amongst teens and pre-teens for ages. So has Indonesia and so has the Philippines.

Then again...TiT so what's new? Perhaps just a distraction from the political hiccups?....

Sex education: another thing missing from Thailands education system.

If you are going to make abortion practically illegal atleast give your people awareness. Another floor in the Thai public system caused by endless corruption and a completely incompetent goverment.

15% of usa is black,90% of the crime is comittted by blacks....

A little misleading statistic. 90% of the people caught are black. There is no way to know what the percentage is which are committing the crimes. A statistically significant percentage of crimes go unsolved.