Rayong beach recommendations asap

starship

Hi

I want to go away in a few days for a short break and have considered trying the Rayong area. I want a nice beach area as I need to wind down a bit. I'm looking for a place suitable to go with a young family. I normally go to the Hua Hin area but have been there so many times that I want a change. I've never been along the east coast apart from Bang Saen (o.k but I'd prefer cleaner beaches) and would like to experience this area.

I've read some threads already and people seem to suggest:

Laem mae pim

Hat mae rumpheng

Hat nang ram

I'm asking again really because with all the protests going on, I just wanted to be sure I could actually get there (I will be driving) as I think I read last week that farmers were blocking roads out of Bangkok. I recall seeing on television that Rama 2 heading south was closed last week. If it's too problematic I would postpone the trip but I really feel like going away now.

I would be looking for somewhere to stay in the 500-1000B per night area but would go higher for somewhere especially nice. The priority is that it's clean. Any recommendations? Also, additional thoughts on the choice of beach would be good. I've read some posts suggesting the beaches are polluted and experience a fair amount of rubbish (maybe seasonal).

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks

We are a family of 4 (2 girls age 11 and 14) we went on holiday to Laem Mai Pin 2 years ago and the hotels and beaches here very clean , lots of seafood and fresh fish coming in daily and you can see the fishermen selling it to the local resturants on the beach , it was quiet and not many people , we went in Early March , I cant remember the name of the place we stayed except they made their own Pizzas, its just over the road from the beach

we are going again this year again in March but this time we will choose a a hotel when we arrive

good luck in your search

Dave

• Like 1

Hat mae rumpheng is great, Lots of food and Shade if you want. We just drove along and rang up a few places that were beautiful and not expensive, advertised right across the road from the beach. One of the best places in thailand, ferries around the point to Goh Samed. Diffinately need a car as no Taxis. Tesco not far as are the Night eateries.

• Like 1