Thai rice woes rebound on crisis-hit government

webfact

Interestingly, I was reading this thread when a senior member of the foreign press corps in Bangkok called me - 10 minutes ago. He reaffirmed when Shawn Crispin wrote in Asia Times a couple of weeks back - that the Shin Clan, or at least senior leadership, will have to leave not just politics, but Thailand; however they can keep their assets. It has reportedly been agreed between the establishment and the Shins.

I do not know if this is true and I have no substantive evidence except information from two usually impeccable sources. I merely report. We can wait and see...

I think you're talking nonsense. I'd guess that you are promoting this unattributed stuff because that's what you would LIKE to happen. You and most of the other farang elite in Bangkok are solidly anti-Thaksin.

For the information of TV members, Asia Times is owned by Sondhi Limthongkul, head of the PAD mob who invaded the airport some years back. Why would we believe Shawn Crispin who works for that rag any more than we'd believe the right-wing fanatic, Jeffrey Race, elitist and member of the rich-man's Royal Bangkok Sports Club who works for the same right-wing rag? Race was trying to convince us a couple of weeks back in 'The Nation' that Thailand should stick with the safe conservative politicians of the past ('the Middle Way' as Race calls his brand of laissez-faire) and that Thaksin is the Devil incarnate. Translation: screw the working people and keep Thailand as one of the most unequal countries in SE Asia and a happy home for corrupt right-wing politicians and rich foreigners.

Do you not accept that Thaksin IS the devil incarnate??

I think you're talking nonsense. I'd guess that you are promoting this unattributed stuff because that's what you would LIKE to happen. You and most of the other farang elite in Bangkok are solidly anti-Thaksin.

"You and most of the other farang elite in Bangkok are solidly anti-Thaksin."

Is refusing to overlook a few minor character flaws like mass murder and wholesale theft such a bad thing?

Who cares, more importantly is that we might just have been promoted to 'elite' ourselves. Being from a blue colour background I'm wondering if I should be pleased to have made it or insulted that I'm grouped with 'those' rolleyes.gif

Is refusing to overlook a few minor character flaws like mass murder and wholesale theft such a bad thing?

Who cares, more importantly is that we might just have been promoted to 'elite' ourselves. Being from a blue colour background I'm wondering if I should be pleased to have made it or insulted that I'm grouped with 'those' rolleyes.gif

I live outside Bangkok but am quite chuffed that tilac2 in his class rant sees fit to label me among the elite.

Think I'll go to an expensive restaurant on the weekend and taste some elite food.

• Like 1

I live outside Bangkok but am quite chuffed that tilac2 in his class rant sees fit to label me among the elite.

Think I'll go to an expensive restaurant on the weekend and taste some elite food.

You should learn to read, my dear piper of Hamelin. Our tilac was saying "farang elite in Bangkok". Clearly with you living outside Bangkok you're excluded.

You should learn to read, my dear piper of Hamelin. Our tilac was saying "farang elite in Bangkok". Clearly with you living outside Bangkok you're excluded.

Oh bugger! I just rushed out and ordered a suit to celebrate my new elevated status. I suppose I'm lucky it wasn't a purple Roller or a Hello Kitty Ferrari.

• Like 1

clap2.gif