Suthep blasts Chalerm for naming Red Bull founder a PDRC’s financier

webfact

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other paper says it is Chalerm Yoovidhya, father of the absent Ferrari driver and head of the Red Bull empire, not Chaleo.

Don't

You'll spoil the rant of the day for many people who want to help out Suthep.

Rest assured, people will vote with their wallets over this!! They did enough with Singha to get the airhead to change her name.

This list has been rumoured for years. Few surprises.

Both breweries? Hmmm.

No cp? Hmmmm.

Anyway. This bunch better hope the entire red part of thailand don't boycott.

Those were the question marks I had too. Someone told me that CP were backing the movement plus Thai Bev, but not Singha - other than a few of the family, mostly the women, i.e. Chitpas and her mother M.L. Piyapas Bhirompakdi, who was also a major PAD supporter. But head of BR apparently leans red. And similarly some of the Lamsam family women (Kasikorn Bank) have given money, but not the family patriach. Then again, if CP were backing the PDRC, I guess they'd be one of the ones you definitely wouldn't want to name on the list. Or a deal has already been done. Dhanin supposedly hates Thaksin, but he seems a pragmatist above all else.

• Like 1

Whose house did he run to that night?

Sorry I dont understand.

When he killed the cop, he ran to the house of a rich person called C......

Yes. He went to the house of his father, Chalerm.

In that case I acknowledge my error and hope the likes of pipkins fab4 and Sharon et al follow suite

• Like 1

Bangkok Post has named a list of companies, accordingly leaked to the media.

I'm surprised that a few of the top departmental stores in Rajaprasong would want to do that. Aren't they shooting their own foot ? Paying the protestors to stage a protest site at your doorstep and frighten away tourists and Thai shoppers ?

Not shooting their own foot - it is variously called appeasement money, tea money, protection money, or just plain extortion.

In days of old, if Genghis Khan's army camped outside my village, I'd give them a few goats - so that they don't rape my daughters.

Pipkins, you need to quickly get your beloved Chalerm to a hospital because his medication is affecting his performance. While there, maybe you can get some meds for those delusions that you seem to keep having. Acceptance is the first part of help.

Edited by BillyBobThai

There is an element of deju vu about this. It is a witch hunt similar to Thaksin using AMLO to silence journalists and any other opposition back around 2004/5.

With the 3 stooges he selected for CMPO being incompetent, drunk, & family acolytes, yet another organisational choice is being shown up for what it is: a failure.

However they certainly are providing plenty of entertainment.

I wonder how far any company in the west would be able to fund this type of thing before it became illegal.

These companies are funding the suspension of democracy. Just think about why they might despise thaksin for a momwnt, what they have to lose if Thaksin wins and then you realise this is not about saving thailand.

This is all about £££££££

Bangkok Post has named a list of companies, accordingly leaked to the media.

I'm surprised that a few of the top departmental stores in Rajaprasong would want to do that. Aren't they shooting their own foot ? Paying the protestors to stage a protest site at your doorstep and frighten away tourists and Thai shoppers ?

Not shooting their own foot - it is variously called appeasement money, tea money, protection money, or just plain extortion.

In days of old, if Genghis Khan's army camped outside my village, I'd give them a few goats - so that they don't rape my daughters.

Obviously Zen Departmental Store forgot something in 2010.

Even the Dusit Thani hotel is summoned to answer why he let their facilities used by the PDRC.

Simple answer if asked that question. He can say, they are happy to have customers.

Anybody can use the hotel as it is intended for hospitality business.

Are they that stupid.. really.. to name someone who died way before this movement started. That is sheer incompetence and really makes you wonder about all the other names on the list too.

Not that one should expect more from an alcoholic.. but one would expect that the guy is helped by some competent people.

Unfortunately, you and other people are hanging on the (intentionally?) poor translation, in that the full supporting explanatory notes are not provided.. When an estate does something, then yes indeed the person whom the estate originates, is "responsible", but more specifically it is the estate of the deceased. If funds have been paid from the estate, then it is the estate's name that shows. If a person does something, prior to his death, the death does not make the act go away.

In any case, what we have here is an uncorroborated, alleged list. Until it is substantiated, it is just innuendo and hearsay.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2

I have no time for the red bull family who have shielded one of their own for his crimes but equally I have no respect for out right liars, thieves, hypocrites and alcoholics. To defame a dead person is disgraceful beyond words.

It just goes to show the depths of PTP incompetance,they can't even get their propaganda anywhere near the truth!

"Among the major corporations that are summoned for questioning for their cash donations to the PRDC are those involving in soft drink, energy drink, department stores, hotel, consumer products, media, commercial bank, insurance firms and automobile industry."

Has CMPO, left anybody out?

Corporations in the telecommunications business since they're very happy with their government granted concessions. Edited by smileydude

Maybe Red Bull family sponsors Suthep to let their son come back to thailand after a very long flu in singapore if the movment win... more than 6 months of flu i think. He should ask his driver to carry the virus for him like he wanted to do for the cop killing.

Both sides of this masquerade are jokes, both of them are corrupted and act selfishly and the only losers of this game is thai population.

TRUE!

But there is a little detail about the Thai population: the overwhelming majority is in favor and/ or participates in corruption.

That is the olny way that this dysfunctional country, bureaucracy and government exist.

From a trumped up driving infraction to, a business license or having a work permit duly processed in a timely manner, the basket with offerings and/or the ever present brown envelope are a must.

For corruption to be stamped out Thais, individually, must make a choice and earnest attempt not to participate in it.

The reason the Rule of Law is an alien concept to the Thai psyche.

Oh, Farangs! So full of good intentions and ideas but cannot understand Thainess.

Yawn - once you get past the rants here, he ain't got a lot of support left. The "shutdown sites" are empty apart from a few old folks in the evening and market hawkers after a quick baht from tourists during the day. His marches are down to a few hundred hardcore, protected by heavies, and the "crowds" on the routes are generously best described as sparse. I've seen him twice in the past week and he passes in 10-15 minutes. It used to take an hour or more.

Wow....You ARE a very Nasty little man aren't you?

I have no time for the red bull family who have shielded one of their own for his crimes but equally I have no respect for out right liars, thieves, hypocrites and alcoholics. To defame a dead person is disgraceful beyond words.

Shielded one of their own for his crimes? Well Chalerm certainly has something in common with him then.

Chalerm is trying to smear the PDRC by associating them with a rich family, one of whose sons killed a policeman. Except that Chalerm is the head of a rich family, one of whose sons also killed a policeman, and who was hidden from the authorities by Chalerm himself! Really, the man has no shame.

I guess you could say this is Red Bull versus Red Bully!

• Like 2

Looks like the Red Bull family will be seeking legal to see if they can now pin something on Chalerm for falsely naming the founder.

I dont think the red bull family with their kid currently hiding in singapore for the murder of a policeman will be saying anything ;)

• Like 1

Yawn - once you get past the rants here, he ain't got a lot of support left. The "shutdown sites" are empty apart from a few old folks in the evening and market hawkers after a quick baht from tourists during the day. His marches are down to a few hundred hardcore, protected by heavies, and the "crowds" on the routes are generously best described as sparse. I've seen him twice in the past week and he passes in 10-15 minutes. It used to take an hour or more.

I was able to get on the stage and tell them to go home. I screamed at them in Laotian. On my way out they wanted to search me and my bags and I simply told them no. The protestors are running on empty when I can occupy their empty stages and ignore their security.

"Among the major corporations that are summoned for questioning for their cash donations to the PRDC are those involving in soft drink, energy drink, department stores, hotel, consumer products, media, commercial bank, insurance firms and automobile industry."

Has CMPO, left anybody out?

he left u out whistling.gifwhistling.gif