I want to divorce, need advice for the visa and papers

JohnnyBKK

Hello,

I will divorce next week, i need advice for my visa, i still have 4 months left on my visa, should i change it right away ? My idea was to get a student visa but with all the problems in thailand, i need two month to get this done.

I also have a contract stating that the house we bought it's ours 50/50, should i present this contract while divorcing ? How i can be sure that she don't put the house in the bank to get money ?

Thanks.

About your visa question.. are you currently on extension of stay based on marriage or an Non-Immigrant visa issued abroad? If you are on extension then it expires on the day of the divorce which means either you have to leave the country on that day or get a 7-days extension from immigration to sort things out. If you are on a normal visa then you can stay till it expires.

Edited by kotsak

I never leaved the country, i believe it's based on an extension of 1 year. Every year we went to the immigration to extend the visa for another year.

That means you have to elave the country on the day of your divorce, you cna get an extra 7 days and/or apply for an extension based on another reason if you have, like working or being retired.

When you divorce you can present any divorce agrement you make with your wife, for example over the division of the value of the house. It will than become a binding contract.

We at Thailand"s only privately owned One Stop Service Center Co. Ltd. would be delighted to help you protect you assets prior to divorce from your Thai wife.

What we will do is if you hire us ? We will file an EmergencyBlock Order with the land office preventing her from selling the property or encumbering the property with a mortgage.
This will keep her from attempting to get any loans on your marital property. Further, we will help you with the divorce to mediate out a settlement that will be recorded legally giving you 50% rights to the proceeds of the house upon sale.
our One Stop Legal Service lawyer is adviseing you to liquidate the house at fair market value and split the money ASAP.
Our experience is t the faster you sell it the more likely you are to get your fair share.
If we can help you in any way please visit our website www.onestoplegalservice.com.
Simply complete the "Contact Us" form and we will help you. Or call Drew Noyes our boss at 084.111.7999.
You will also be able to read more about the rights of foreigners in Thailand on our website.

We at Thailand"s only privately owned One Stop Service Center Co. Ltd. would be delighted to help you protect you assets prior to divorce from your Thai wife.

What we will do is if you hire us ? We will file an EmergencyBlock Order with the land office preventing her from selling the property or encumbering the property with a mortgage.
This will keep her from attempting to get any loans on your marital property. Further, we will help you with the divorce to mediate out a settlement that will be recorded legally giving you 50% rights to the proceeds of the house upon sale.
our One Stop Legal Service lawyer is adviseing you to liquidate the house at fair market value and split the money ASAP.
Our experience is t the faster you sell it the more likely you are to get your fair share.
If we can help you in any way please visit our website www.onestoplegalservice.com.
Simply complete the "Contact Us" form and we will help you. Or call Drew Noyes our boss at 084.111.7999.
You will also be able to read more about the rights of foreigners in Thailand on our website.

Hello,

How much it would cost to divorce with your services ? Thanks.

Please answer by private message.

• 9 months later...