Thai Passeport

As before suggested, a name change in a Thai passeport is not possible. A new passeport will be issued. Beside all the necessary Thai documents, also a copy of the husband's passeport will be required.

WC

As before suggested, a name change in a Thai passeport is not possible. A new passeport will be issued. Beside all the necessary Thai documents, also a copy of the husband's passeport will be required.

WC

Funny, my Thai wife did just that! She wanted a new passport but the Thai authorities would not give her a new one because the passport was still valid.

They slapped a name change on her passport. They did not want my passport. They wanted her Thai ID card and house registration. She had changed names on those documents.

The new law in Thailand lets Thai women keep their maiden names if they wish. They can also use both their husbands and their maiden name if they wish. And for your child's name you can use any combination of father's or mother's name.

WC

Funny, my Thai wife did just that! She wanted a new passport but the Thai authorities would not give her a new one because the passport was still valid.

They slapped a name change on her passport. They did not want my passport. They wanted her Thai ID card and house registration. She had changed names on those documents.

The new law in Thailand lets Thai women keep their maiden names if they wish. They can also use both their husbands and their maiden name if they wish. And for your child's name you can use any combination of father's or mother's name.

The passport office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will change the name without fuss. Take the docs as suggested by Monitorlizard, and it is easy.

The passport office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will change the name without fuss. Take the docs as suggested by Monitorlizard, and it is easy

Calling the Ministry only YESTERDAY they adviced my wife (very polite) to go either to Central Bangna or Central Pinklao to make a NEW passeport. She could get this new in only 15 Minutes.

WC

I don't want argue either. I also have to admit that I was surprised. Her old passeport was still valid until 2008. At Central Pinklao the officer insisted that she needs a new passeport and also a new photo. A copy of my passeport was also required. As we travel a lot together to Europe and South America, probably still the best solution.

WC

I don't want argue either. I also have to admit that I was surprised. Her old passeport was still valid until 2008. At Central Pinklao the officer insisted that she needs a new passeport and also a new photo. A copy of my passeport was also required. As we travel a lot together to Europe and South America, probably still the best solution.

WC

He might have been under budget. :o They will always issue a new one if one wants new, but in 15 minutes...you are touched. Buy a lottery ticket :D