Thailand Mobile Expo 2014 - is it worth a visit?

Turkleton

I just came back from there. It is quite crowded. Most of the items on display are cell phones (of course). There are a number of tablets on sell. There are also a number of places that sell phone accessories (cases, power banks, headphones, etc).

To me the best buy is the Nexus 10 Android tablet. JIB is selling them for 7,900 Baht. The tablet is on display so you can handle it and check it out. I would say it is quite the deal for a 10 inch Android tablet. I almost bought one but I am waiting on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.3. I was hoping that the new Tab Pro series would debut but alas, no luck there. I was also hoping maybe LG would show off their tablet, but no.

If you are looking for a new phone and want to look at what is available, it is a good place to see them all in one place. I would say the prices are the same as Pantip or Fortune Town. Sometimes there are bonus items (free pillow or headset) that come with the item but they didn't seem anything special.

These mobile and commart fairs are getting boring. I have been to most of them over the past 5 to 6 years. At first there were a lot of the little shops which had a variety of interesting and odd-ball items. Now these fairs are more about the big guys. I am not sure why I keep going back as there is less and less to see that is different than just going to the mall.

As I wasn't interested in purchasing a cell phone, I didn't really look at them closely. The only waterproof phone I saw was a Sony not Samsung. I wasn't aware that anyone is making a shockproof phone.

There were a couple of TV boxes but I have seen more during Commart.

Sony makes a line of waterproof phones and the old cheapo Motorola XT535 Defy is also waterproof. My GF has a tendency to forget about her phone in her pocket when playing in the waves. I bought her the DEFY and it has lived up to it's claims.

I just came back from there. It is quite crowded. Most of the items on display are cell phones (of course). There are a number of tablets on sell. There are also a number of places that sell phone accessories (cases, power banks, headphones, etc)........

These mobile and commart fairs are getting boring. I have been to most of them over the past 5 to 6 years. At first there were a lot of the little shops which had a variety of interesting and odd-ball items. Now these fairs are more about the big guys. I am not sure why I keep going back as there is less and less to see that is different than just going to the mall.

absolutely agree...

I was there on Saturday and it was boring (and very loud in some areas).

Only phones, phones, phones, little amount of tablets and a few accessories.

But I was not able to find any additional gadgets, like Android TV boxes, Chromecast / Miracast dongles or Bluethooth peripherals, like headsets, amplifier or speakers.

Even a simple screen protector for my wife's iMobile was not available somewhere. (For Samsung, I think a gazillion one)

Prices for the mainstream hardware were the same as in any Mall or Pantip / Zeer Rangsit.

A visit at Pantip (and even Tukcom tongue.png) is much more interesting that this expo.