Overstay (2.5 Years) Report

I think being polite is the key. I had a long overstay once with similar results. I wasn't in a suit but I wasn't wearing a wifebeater either. I didn't try to hand over the cash so early though, only because I thought it might make me look like I thought I could buy my way out of trouble and had no regard for their laws. (Not saying you thought that, just the vibe I got when I was there myself)

As to why you overstayed, that's your business. Not sure why hathairat is asking that?

Edited by inthepink

If you not get red stamp in passport there will no be any problem to get back.But next time dont make an overstay you vill get 10year banned

There is no black listing for having more that one overstay and paying the fine voluntarily.

Those that get black listed are those that get caught with an overstay and don't have the money to pay the fine.

I had this unfortunate event few years ago. Due to ill health combined with some cash problems I was just unable to process my papers at the time and since it went so far, I just decided to wait until I had to leave the country anyway.

During that time I was anxious to say the least and sometimes woke up worrying about the matter.

In my opinion not worth the stress but I do understand people since the laws and jumping through all kind of hurdles is quite painstaking at the times. No more leniency even one is married or whatever if not old enough to qualify for retirement visa. Visa arrangements don't care about your unlucky financial situation, whether your child is sick or not or whether mother in law just fell sick having a heart attack.

And since I belong to gay minority I have to jump even more hula hoops than regular married guy. To some here it seems no concern that we actually have real lives that sometimes collide with these rather stupid rules. And to those who say that it is Thailand and we are only guests, I ask how many years and how big investments (emotionally and financially) have to be before we qualify at least to have permanent residency? Just asking because the 'if you don't like it, leave' brigade will invade soon.

If you not get red stamp in passport there will no be any problem to get back.But next time dont make an overstay you vill get 10year banned

I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about, utter crap what you posted

I am afraid that it's you who knows nothing because he is totally right ! 555+

You are also wrong see my previous post.

• Like 1

I Must admit its occurred to me that overstaying is the perfect solution to the Visa problems in this Country because if you add up all the visa run costs for me about 7,500 baht a time, 5 times a year that's 37,500 Bhat + at least 10 full days wasted and in my case 13 hours on a bus each way from Ubon Ratcathani

A trip back to the UK every 15 Months fare return to UK for Option (A) My Non immigrant Multiple stay (O) visa from The Consulate at Birmingham That costs around 7,000 Baht (130 Pounds) air fare return to UK 31800 Baht ( 600 Pounds ) then 5 Trips to Chong Mek for 90 Day Extension 5 times at 1400 Baht = 7,000 so This option costs me a total of 38800 baht ( 732 Pounds ) for 15 Months thats 2586 baht a month but if I do it by overstaying Paying the maximum fine 20,000 that works out to 1383 baht per month for 15 months so I will save about 20,700 baht .

Option (B) EDU visa one trip to Lao including 2000 baht visa 3 days eating and Hotels 2 nights hotels 6,000 baht 20,000 baht (This year was 16,000 baht) for college fees and preparation of Visa documents and Min ED letter for immigration dept then 4 x 90 day extensions cost each time 4000 baht 2000 Visa fee and 2,000 for college to do all the documents and get visa stamp 16,000 total cost for 12 months 40,000 that's for twelve months so I will pay 3333 Bhat a month .

I don't drink or go out at nights so I will never be asked for my passport I have never been asked to show my passport except when I went to Lao and Chong Mek I have only ever been asked for my Thai Motor cycle and car Licence I only show my passport to the bank when drawing Cash . So if used the overstay method as you did and pay the Maximum fine of 20,000 baht I would be well in pocket

Not a bad Idea because whatever they say there is no national Data base in Thailand and if they stamp your passport with an overstay Stamp you can get a new passport when you come back and Just come in on a 30 day tourist Visa which is free and you can get on arrival at Bangkok then stay as long as you want and just pay a 20,000 fine when you leave.

Bears thinking about

While I wouldn't dream of encouraging people to stay in any country illegally the figures speak for themselves Over 2.5 years it would cost you 666 baht a month assuming the fine stays the same 20,000 Baht - Don't show this blog to any Immigration officers it might get around and they will double it to 40,000 even then you'd be in pocket .

Merryman88

I had this unfortunate event few years ago. Due to ill health combined with some cash problems I was just unable to process my papers at the time and since it went so far, I just decided to wait until I had to leave the country anyway.

During that time I was anxious to say the least and sometimes woke up worrying about the matter.

In my opinion not worth the stress but I do understand people since the laws and jumping through all kind of hurdles is quite painstaking at the times. No more leniency even one is married or whatever if not old enough to qualify for retirement visa. Visa arrangements don't care about your unlucky financial situation, whether your child is sick or not or whether mother in law just fell sick having a heart attack.

And since I belong to gay minority I have to jump even more hula hoops than regular married guy. To some here it seems no concern that we actually have real lives that sometimes collide with these rather stupid rules. And to those who say that it is Thailand and we are only guests, I ask how many years and how big investments (emotionally and financially) have to be before we qualify at least to have permanent residency? Just asking because the 'if you don't like it, leave' brigade will invade soon.

I apologize for drifting slightly off-topic for a second, but could you explain what difference being gay makes to an overstay situation? Why would you even mention that?

Seriously confused...............

I Must admit its occurred to me that overstaying is the perfect solution to the Visa problems in this Country because if you add up all the visa run costs for me about 7,500 baht a time, 5 times a year that's 37,500 Bhat + at least 10 full days wasted and in my case 13 hours on a bus each way from Ubon Ratcathani

A trip back to the UK every 15 Months fare return to UK for Option (A) My Non immigrant Multiple stay (O) visa from The Consulate at Birmingham That costs around 7,000 Baht (130 Pounds) air fare return to UK 31800 Baht ( 600 Pounds ) then 5 Trips to Chong Mek for 90 Day Extension 5 times at 1400 Baht = 7,000 so This option costs me a total of 38800 baht ( 732 Pounds ) for 15 Months thats 2586 baht a month but if I do it by overstaying Paying the maximum fine 20,000 that works out to 1383 baht per month for 15 months so I will save about 20,700 baht .

Option (cool.png EDU visa one trip to Lao including 2000 baht visa 3 days eating and Hotels 2 nights hotels 6,000 baht 20,000 baht (This year was 16,000 baht) for college fees and preparation of Visa documents and Min ED letter for immigration dept then 4 x 90 day extensions cost each time 4000 baht 2000 Visa fee and 2,000 for college to do all the documents and get visa stamp 16,000 total cost for 12 months 40,000 that's for twelve months so I will pay 3333 Bhat a month .

I don't drink or go out at nights so I will never be asked for my passport I have never been asked to show my passport except when I went to Lao and Chong Mek I have only ever been asked for my Thai Motor cycle and car Licence I only show my passport to the bank when drawing Cash . So if used the overstay method as you did and pay the Maximum fine of 20,000 baht I would be well in pocket

Not a bad Idea because whatever they say there is no national Data base in Thailand and if they stamp your passport with an overstay Stamp you can get a new passport when you come back and Just come in on a 30 day tourist Visa which is free and you can get on arrival at Bangkok then stay as long as you want and just pay a 20,000 fine when you leave.

Bears thinking about

While I wouldn't dream of encouraging people to stay in any country illegally the figures speak for themselves Over 2.5 years it would cost you 666 baht a month assuming the fine stays the same 20,000 Baht - Don't show this blog to any Immigration officers it might get around and they will double it to 40,000 even then you'd be in pocket .

Merryman88

"Not a bad Idea because whatever they say there is no national Data base in Thailand and if they stamp your passport with an overstay Stamp you can get a new passport when you come back and Just come in on a 30 day tourist Visa which is free and you can get on arrival at Bangkok then stay as long as you want and just pay a 20,000 fine when you leave"

Really? I hope you believe the rest of your post a little better than the above extract.

Option (cool.png EDU visa one trip to Lao including 2000 baht visa 3 days eating and Hotels 2 nights hotels 6,000 baht 20,000 baht (This year was 16,000 baht) for college fees and preparation of Visa documents and Min ED letter for immigration dept then 4 x 90 day extensions cost each time 4000 baht 2000 Visa fee and 2,000 for college to do all the documents and get visa stamp 16,000 total cost for 12 months 40,000 that's for twelve months so I will pay 3333 Bhat a month .

Bears thinking about

Merryman88

Remind me not to ask you for advice about Thailand or Thai law.

I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about, utter crap what you posted

I now what i talk ab hawe borderpolice in family(YUO HAWE)

The kicker is going to come if they decide to do away with or greatly increase the max fine.

They've been cracking down a lot on what it takes to get tourist visas and educational visas the last few years, saying that they are doing so to stop people using these visas to stay here for the wrongly declared purpose.

I can see the 20k max fine being increased to 40k or 60k in the future.

Pure opinion and speculation on my part.

• Like 1

I now what i talk ab hawe borderpolice in family(YUO HAWE)

you need to read the police orders there is NO 10year Ban utter rubbish and if you have boarder police in the family which I doubt, you better get him to read the immigration orders as he does not know. you are just a scaremonger.

Try to overstay many time and you se what happen i dont need to post more.Make it and you see???

I have sure a dozen overstays, or more in my name, but not on one Passport,

1 - some days,

once during the airport blockades and aftermath, more than 20, as I started Overstaying 2-3 days before the blockade

and went than to the Nong Khai land border, they did not accept that and did not give me Amnesty.rolleyes.gif

Never had a problem with my, "overstay many time"whistling.gif

And since I belong to gay minority I have to jump even more hula hoops than regular married guy.

I apologize for drifting slightly off-topic for a second, but could you explain what difference being gay makes to an overstay situation? Why would you even mention that?

It does not make much difference regarding overstay but getting a valid visa does. Gay relationship is not recognized in Thailand so I could be in registered relationship with my Thai partner and that would not make any difference here in LOS.

Also, I am not yet old enough to get retirement visa and since I can not "marry" here I am sometimes pissed off with all the hassle getting a visa. But of course there are masochists who enjoy dealing with Thai Immigration. Good on them.

I personally see myself moving out in few years. More than a decade in this country and I see it progressing nowhere. Almost could say it is going backwards...

Had an overstay, not near as long. Did almost what you did. Mine was due to health issues with my future Mother-in-law and wife. I was told if I had the documents from the doctor's visits, etc. They would not have charged me. Tried t pay in U.S. dollars and they said no. I was sure the ATM would not work as I had taken all to give to fiance and her cousin. Amazing that it worked. Was dressed well and am always sober. Also retired military and needed haircut. Returned few months later to marry with new passport, which was necessary. The overstay passport was near expired. Was polite and mouth shut. Same as Police Officer who once helped me, they would not accept any additional monies. The wheel chair attendant, always gets 500 - 1000bh. You want to take good care of the person acting as your legs. Yes, has been bit cold in extreme N.E. coastal Florida. Though the worst is behind us. Let the good times roll.

Personally, I don't like to walk the fine line, or always looking over my shoulder all the time. Trouble seems to find me anywhere I go, so I certainly don't have to go looking for more. I am sure you are going to hear from many Posters who Overstayed, and in which they had no problems paying the fine and leaving. Happened to me once to, when I was sick but had no documents to prove that. So I say "Up-To-You.

But what I would really like to see from your post is the other side of this coin. To hear from people who also Overstayed a long time but got caught before the airport by the BIB. This might shed some more light on this subject and make some non-believers say that perhaps it is not worth taking this chance after all.

In case some people don't know, your Passport Number is stamped on your Thai Drivers License making it known to the BIB on a routine road side check. Not sure where then can go from there with just your Passport Number. Never asked as I never needed to know. But by Law you are also suppose to carry your Passport with you at all time, although a photo copy seems to be okay with them as well. I never have been stopped for this either, in over 8 years, but by road side checks many times..

And since I belong to gay minority I have to jump even more hula hoops than regular married guy.

It does not make much difference regarding overstay but getting a valid visa does. Gay relationship is not recognized in Thailand so I could be in registered relationship with my Thai partner and that would not make any difference here in LOS.

Also, I am not yet old enough to get retirement visa and since I can not "marry" here I am sometimes pissed off with all the hassle getting a visa. But of course there are masochists who enjoy dealing with Thai Immigration. Good on them.

I personally see myself moving out in few years. More than a decade in this country and I see it progressing nowhere. Almost could say it is going backwards...

Ahhh, I see where your thoughts were now, no long term non-o visas for gay relationships.

Thanks for the reply onni4me.......................thumbsup.gif