Overstay (2.5 Years) Report

If you not get red stamp in passport there will no be any problem to get back.But next time dont make an overstay you vill get 10year banned

You do not get banned for 10 years for a second time overstay.

I agree in toto

The kicker is going to come if they decide to do away with or greatly increase the max fine.

They've been cracking down a lot on what it takes to get tourist visas and educational visas the last few years, saying that they are doing so to stop people using these visas to stay here for the wrongly declared purpose.

I can see the 20k max fine being increased to 40k or 60k in the future.

Pure opinion and speculation on my part.

I would pay it

you spent so much time writing about how respectable you look, you sound dodgy.

And a business suit? Sounds like you were losing sleep.

i found myself in the same situation once and manged it in jeans and a tshirt.

and it didn't make a bit of a difference except that i was able to travel comfortably.

I may well have been wearing flip flops for all i recall.

Not sure what to make of this as it appears you deliberately over stayed maybe to see what the outcome would be I dont know. Is this suosed to be a guidline to others as to how to do it? If so what was you trying to prove?

Yes you are right it was stupid, not silly, to do it and it appears it was deliberate. Maybe this is why other visitors get scrutinized so much because of people who do this and similar things.

Maybe you were in a coma so I apologize

And since I belong to gay minority I have to jump even more hula hoops than regular married guy.

I apologize for drifting slightly off-topic for a second, but could you explain what difference being gay makes to an overstay situation? Why would you even mention that?

Seriously confused...............

It does not make much difference regarding overstay but getting a valid visa does. Gay relationship is not recognized in Thailand so I could be in registered relationship with my Thai partner and that would not make any difference here in LOS.

Also, I am not yet old enough to get retirement visa and since I can not "marry" here I am sometimes pissed off with all the hassle getting a visa. But of course there are masochists who enjoy dealing with Thai Immigration. Good on them.

I personally see myself moving out in few years. More than a decade in this country and I see it progressing nowhere. Almost could say it is going backwards...

I was confused there also...

1) It makes zero difference regarding overstay not "not much difference".

2) You say that you "could" be in registered relationship with your partner which leads me to believe that you ARE NOT in one currently? Which makes your entire argument nothing but whinging. IF Thailand changes the rules tomorrow on gay relationships nothing changes for you in regard to applying for your visa. But now instead of being "pissed off" with all the hassle getting a visa you can be "pissed off" for not being "married".

3) BTW I'm not gay bashing.....and I'm not against gay marriage.....I believe the gays have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us! cheesy.gif

Not a bad Idea because whatever they say there is no national Data base in Thailand and if they stamp your passport with an overstay Stamp you can get a new passport when you come back and Just come in on a 30 day tourist Visa which is free and you can get on arrival at Bangkok then stay as long as you want and just pay a 20,000 fine when you leave.

Merryman88

I think it is poor form to suggest such, and for some to infer overstaying is an easy option.

Yes you can be fortunate and arrive at the airport all scrubbed up and military bearing (what BS), and just pay, salute and march through... but every now and again there could be a need to show your passport to someone, perhaps an incident like a driving accident, where police are involved. Then it would be a less comfortable waiting area, not at the airport.

I was interested in your making a point of having no police record, "in Thailand or anywhere", but living outside the law in Thailand for two and a half years. I guess not having a record isn't the same as never having committed any crimes though. But the prognosis for those who make it to the airport does seem to be consistently "safe". 'Don't think I've ever even heard of anyone sent to the detention center from there, at least not for overstaying, no matter how long.

I don't see any problem with re-entering Thailand.

I've done 3 or 4, two to three day overstays years ago (back when the fine was 200 baht/day) and once when it was 500bt/day.

Been married to a lovely lady for 13 years & we have an 8 year old daughter. I'll definitely be back soon.

I have my Thai marriage certificate & my daughter's (born in Surin) birth certificate. Show the bank statement of 400,000 baht (I think is what the requirement is?).

I'm 46 so retirement visa is not an option yet.

When I left Kuwait to return to Thailand in 2009, I was pals with the Thai Ambassador and his minions...OK, there were only 3 other Thai guys working there.

They'd come over and get sauced at my place and I hit more than one embassy party.

Stamp-shlamp! Visa-smchisa!

They never asked to see anything. Just gave them my passport and I had a 1 year marriage visa in 5 minutes.

As to the question of my attire and grooming standards when I recently left, it was a personal choice.

By all means go deal with immigration with dreadlocks and flip-flops......Make sure you wear a Bob Marley T-shirt with a giant pot leaf on the front........Good luck.

• Like 2

If you not get red stamp in passport there will no be any problem to get back.But next time dont make an overstay you vill get 10year banned

I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about, utter crap what you posted

I now what i talk ab hawe borderpolice in family(YUO HAWE)

Border police are not part of immigration So it is unlikely thry t would have knowledge about the rules/policies that immigration has for overstays.

and it didn't make a bit of a difference except that i was able to travel comfortably.

Dodgy? I didn't get that impression. Some people dress smarty and some not.

One can certainly over dress, but it very easy to take the tie and coat off to blend in with the environment. However, dressing to the casual extreme makes it very difficult to elevate ones attire to "suit" the occasion

I see many of my fellow expats wandering about and some look very sad indeed. Unshaven, unkempt, flip flops on their last legs, shirtless, with holes and soiled clothing. Freedom to look like a vagrant is certinly ones right.

Edited by Benmart

Though i read a few moths ago that they would jail & fine you if you had stayed Over a certain amount of time, not sure just how long that is but i am suprised that the OP got away with just the fine, think i will play safe and do the visa runs rolleyes.gif

Though i read a few moths ago that they would jail & fine you if you had stayed Over a certain amount of time, not sure just how long that is but i am suprised that the OP got away with just the fine, think i will play safe and do the visa runs rolleyes.gif

That was about 4 years ago that immigration said something like that but it never happened.

It does not make much difference regarding overstay but getting a valid visa does. Gay relationship is not recognized in Thailand so I could be in registered relationship with my Thai partner and that would not make any difference here in LOS.

Also, I am not yet old enough to get retirement visa and since I can not "marry" here I am sometimes pissed off with all the hassle getting a visa. But of course there are masochists who enjoy dealing with Thai Immigration. Good on them.

I personally see myself moving out in few years. More than a decade in this country and I see it progressing nowhere. Almost could say it is going backwards...

I was confused there also...

1) It makes zero difference regarding overstay not "not much difference".

2) You say that you "could" be in registered relationship with your partner which leads me to believe that you ARE NOT in one currently? Which makes your entire argument nothing but whinging. IF Thailand changes the rules tomorrow on gay relationships nothing changes for you in regard to applying for your visa. But now instead of being "pissed off" with all the hassle getting a visa you can be "pissed off" for not being "married".

3) BTW I'm not gay bashing.....and I'm not against gay marriage.....I believe the gays have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us! cheesy.gif

1. What if in case you are not given a renewed 'tourist' visa and forced to do all kind of traveling that you can't afford? What I am saying that heterosexual couples have marriage visa as an option, I don't so it complicates my situation. As I said previously, I had an occasion that I was unable to do the visa run due to family reasons. If one has a Thai family why he still has to do all these runs? I have done them and am tired of seeing Vientiane or some godforsaken miserable immigration office in the end of a dirt road.

2. I did not include my relationship status. I might be or not, at the moment one can be in registered relationship recognized in another country but at the same time not recognized here. I think you are whinging here. If Thailand passes such a law I would be more than happy. It would help me on so many levels.

3. I am not miserable as you seem to suggest married or "married" couples are. I have been with the same guy over 8 years. It has been rocky sometimes but generally very good and included some of the happiest moments of my life.

Theoretically they could arrest you for a long overstay but i never really heard that this happened.

I know some people where arrested but that was not for the overstay but more due to other circumstances like insulting the officer at that time etc.

While there is not a dedicated data base for overstays it is recorded in your immigration history file. ( the old entry and exit records are kept in a database)

So if they want they can see your history but again i never heard that this is used.

The OP mentioned that he paid the fine to the BIB but i toughed that this fine was paid to the immigration staff when passing the exit immigration counters, that is at last my experience.

It's funny how we read the same post and have such different opinions. I don't think the poster sounded dodgy at all. His advise was to dress nicely. For some reason I think you are a little dodgy because I do not believe your over stay was for 2.5 years. Maybe you were lucky in your t shirt and flip flops but you can pack more comfortable clothes in your carry on and just change clothes later. I bet you show up looking like a beach bum when you had to fight a speeding ticket back home too. I've had upgrades to Business class on CA twice and I don't think they upgrade bums. Once the ticketing agent asked if I had long pants to change into and I did and was sipping champagne an hour later.

You might someday get an official who just thinks you are being disrespectful by wearing dirty crappy clothes and maybe she can't change the rules but the process could be much slower and you miss your once a day flight somewhere. I'm sure many posters on here have had better experiences with higher ups by dressing smart.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

Wrong. Record is kept but irrevant or not checked. Bye.

Edited by paz