I need advice moving to Nonthaburi

FireMedic

Hey everyone! I have to move from Phuket to Nonthaburi. My office is in Bang Khen and the gf will be in Lat Yao area. Can anyone point me in the right direction for small house (2 bedrooms) to rent or a rental agency that you trust? I'm just happy as can be to be leaving Phuket and get back to some normal living. PM me if posting breaks any rules.

Edited by FireMedic

I would have loved to move to the more action packed area....until the BTS gets completed down Rattantibit Rd, I'll have to live that way. The traffic in and out of that area is soooooo horrible. I need to be in the area and able to reach the airports in a decent time. I know Nonthaburi isn't a hub of entertainment, but having lived in Phuket a while, I'm ok with it. I'm happy to have a small house, go to work and party as needed.

Best bet is just to drive around and check out the estates near where you want to be. The traffic along a Rattanatibet Road is a nightmare in the morning from 6.15 am until 10 and likewise 4pm until 7pm and not much better at times in between.

Live as close as you can to where you will work is my advice.

Is it possible u can narrow down the area u will be wanting to live?

I have lived in nintaburi for ten years and might be able to direct u in some directions.

I know many developments in the area . Like one poster said spend a few days driving around .

There are many estates with pools and good security at a good rental rate.

Hi FireMedic, like WilliamCave I too have lived in Nonthaburi for the past 12 years and have no complaints whatsoever. When we moved here we stayed in a budget priced hotel for approx 4 weeks in Nonthaburi while we got a car and checked out the whole area in the vicinity that we wish to stay in. We ended up with renting a 3 story 4 bedroom unfurnished townhouse for THB 7,000 per month, but that was 12 years ago. We have since built our own new house (Thai wife) still in Nonthaburi but close to Pracha Niwet 3,the local market and also easy access to the 2nd expressway,close to Ngam Wong Wan Mall & other shopping areas. Plse feel free to PM if you require any further info.

• Like 2

You will find it quite easy at the upper end of the range. Its about location, I was about to do a bit of self promotion but we got a renewal

It depends on the location in Nonthaburi, if you are west of the river you can get a mansion for 30 k, however you will be in a known flood zone, in that I saw the deep water during the last floods on that side of the river, also visited a few houses with water damage and the risk is too much for me -esp since I have little confidence that the authorities can do much to prevent it happening again-. However there is people on this forum who live out that way and may not have been flooded but it looked to me like all of it was . 30 k will still get you some nice places, a townhouse behind central ratana for example

I was tried going in there the other day by myself on foot... The nice set of houses right behind Central. There was a security guard that I was asking in English and Thai to see the sales office. He kept shaking his head no doing the whole mai mee, mai dai. I haven't found any office to call about rentals there. It's City Home or something.Either way the looked nice, but I couldn't see inside. Also, finding one furnished is a bit of a hassle as well. I keep getting directed to "condos" and not townhouses.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en

It took a LONG time to find our house (lovely, GREAT landlady...really brilliant, gardener, lovely Moo Bahn, etc) but DDProperty was the winner in the end. We're the Muang Thong side of Central, Chaeng Wattana (i.e. not cheap) and we have 2 MASSIVE (far too big but we're only 3 people) bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, utility room and MASSIVE living room/dining room/office/kitchen with beautiful, maintained, gardens for the price you are discussing. Further out you should be able to score something gorgeous for that money!

Good luck and keep us informed.

Sorry, forgot to add that is fully furnished too!

Edited by draftvader

It took a LONG time to find our house (lovely, GREAT landlady...really brilliant, gardener, lovely Moo Bahn, etc) but DDProperty was the winner in the end. We're the Muang Thong side of Central, Chaeng Wattana (i.e. not cheap) and we have 2 MASSIVE (far too big but we're only 3 people) bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, utility room and MASSIVE living room/dining room/office/kitchen with beautiful, maintained, gardens for the price you are discussing. Further out you should be able to score something gorgeous for that money!

Looking at their search, I see Bangkok, but not Nonthaburi. What district or neighborhood is that area? Bang Khen?

Looking at their search, I see Bangkok, but not Nonthaburi. What district or neighborhood is that area? Bang Khen?

Province: Nonthaburi

Districts: All or depending on where you want to be