Need to hire a real electrician.

Gonsalviz

Go to your local PEA office and ask them for a referral. Many ex-PEA electricians in business for themselves, and many current PEA electricians moonlighting. All the real electricians work(ed) for the PEA/MEA.

• Like 2

I think IMHO has the right track, at least an ex-PEA chap will have some knowledge of the right way of doing things.

My worry is what the other sparkies have been up to in trying to resolve the issue. It may actually be more cost-effective to rip out the offending circuit and rewire it.

Is the offending breaker an MCB or does it include earth-leakage protection (have a 'Test' button)?

I think IMHO has the right track, at least an ex-PEA chap will have some knowledge of the right way of doing things.

My worry is what the other sparkies have been up to in trying to resolve the issue. It may actually be more cost-effective to rip out the offending circuit and rewire it.

Is the offending breaker an MCB or does it include earth-leakage protection (have a 'Test' button)?

It is just a normal breaker. They have replaced it and whatever they else did, I am not sure.

I have seen some mini circuit boards connected in the switches/plugs and wonder if there may be a problem there. I am not able to get my old ass into the attic/garret to actually check everything.

Whatever the outcome, I will be sending a bill to the house builder as this problem has been since the house was built and his people can't seem to fix it even though they wired it.

PEA sounds like a good plan. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself.

Thanks.