Bangkok Bike Festival 2014

bazmlb

Just got back from the show. Fantastic! New Alpinestars jacket and gloves and an X12 helmet all cheaper than the US and brand new. Well done Paddock!

Damn! This is the second year I miss this festival, damn work schedule changes!

Anyone knows the dates for this festival in other cities?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back from the show. Fantastic! New Alpinestars jacket and gloves and an X12 helmet all cheaper than the US and brand new. Well done Paddock!

Damn! This is the second year I miss this festival, damn work schedule changes!

Anyone knows the dates for this festival in other cities?

Just phone or email Paddock for what you want. They'll even send it too you, discount available at their shop also.

• Like 1

Just visited the fair yesterday. It's my first time so can't compare to previous years but I felt it was a little sparse, especially in terms of gear vendors. For bike manufacturers Triumph, Ducati and Harley didn't come this year.

I was in the market for some gear, e.g. a jacket and tried 2 at Paddock (A* Celer and Atem, both didn't really fit that well) and was hoping to try a few Dainese models but none of the vendors presenting carried any Dainese equipment there, at all.

It was nice to sit on various bikes though, I really liked the Yamaha FZ-09 the most in terms of looks and ergo. I wish the FZ-07 will be available here at some point.

which shoei x12 you get and how much you paid?

do they have sizes?

thanks atf.

do they have sizes?

thanks atf.

Got the Marquez X12 23,500 baht. They've also got the latest Marquez Motegi which isn't available in the States yet same price but ask for discount. Go up to Paddock to see all the helmets is the best idea. $755.99 in the States. Most comfortable helmet I've ever tried.

post-202194-0-12471700-1404451303_thumb.

post-202194-0-44271700-1404451704_thumb.

• Like 2

do they have sizes?

thanks atf.

Got the Marquez X12 23,500 baht. They've also got the latest Marquez Motegi which isn't available in the States yet same price but ask for discount. Go up to Paddock to see all the helmets is the best idea. $755.99 in the States. Most comfortable helmet I've ever tried.

nice helmet, congrats ATF. x12 possibly the best helmet around for fast rides and track but during slow rides, not much air flow as helmet is designed for high speed air flow.

i know the owner of paddock which he gives me special discount always. know them for 7 years and bought many gear from them. my shoei x11 is from their shop.

nice price too. same price with USA.

but i am waiting for x13 or rf 1200. rf 1200 will be at their shop soon i know it but x13 is not even confirmed by Shoei!

• Like 1

nice helmet, congrats ATF. x12 possibly the best helmet around for fast rides and track but during slow rides, not much air flow as helmet is designed for high speed air flow.

i know the owner of paddock which he gives me special discount always. know them for 7 years and bought many gear from them. my shoei x11 is from their shop.

nice price too. same price with USA.

but i am waiting for x13 or rf 1200. rf 1200 will be at their shop soon i know it but x13 is not even confirmed by Shoei!

I've always been a Bell fan but I had to send my Bell back to the States for replacement under warranty, they give five years. I was going to order another Bell but I just tried this on and it was WOW. Where have you been all my life!

I know you get hot so maybe not for you.

• Like 1

I was at central world today and when I left my from tire was flat, completely flat. When I turned to the right to exit CW it stuck and was difficult to maneuver. At the next stop light I stopped to check the front tire but I couldn't see any nail or anything. I drove slow and made it to a gas station. They where closed but the guy was still able to help me out and put some are in it. I took the chance to examine the tire thoroughly. And didn't see anything. No reason why the tire would be flat.

I think some one must have let the air out like a joke or something. What ever it was , it wasn't cool.

Now I'm worried that tomorrow when I go to work the tire will be flat.

When I parked my bike I noticed that I parked it fairly close to a ninjas 250. Are these Thai ninjas boys like this?? Has this happen to you guys?? I'm going to go get a beer now and try to forget about this BS. I hope the bikes fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is a repost from the CBR 150 thread. It related to the even please let me know if something similar has happen to you or you know someone .

• Like 1

When I parked my bike I noticed that I parked it fairly close to a ninjas 250. Are these Thai ninjas boys like this??

I do not think so BP

Most bike riders here all appreciate bikes in general & I have found no group

250 or otherwise to be malicious

You may have a slow leak or was just unlucky on your way there

Edited by mania

I was at central world today and when I left my from tire was flat, completely flat. When I turned to the right to exit CW it stuck and was difficult to maneuver. At the next stop light I stopped to check the front tire but I couldn't see any nail or anything. I drove slow and made it to a gas station. They where closed but the guy was still able to help me out and put some are in it. I took the chance to examine the tire thoroughly. And didn't see anything. No reason why the tire would be flat.

I think some one must have let the air out like a joke or something. What ever it was , it wasn't cool.

Now I'm worried that tomorrow when I go to work the tire will be flat.

When I parked my bike I noticed that I parked it fairly close to a ninjas 250. Are these Thai ninjas boys like this?? Has this happen to you guys?? I'm going to go get a beer now and try to forget about this BS. I hope the bikes fine.

This is a repost from the CBR 150 thread. It related to the even please let me know if something similar has happen to you or you know someone .

Lots of cctv cameras and staff around bike park there. Also passerbys.

I don't think so someone did that.

Check the valve of the tire also there might be holes you cannot notice.

Just go to a tire shop.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm not going to make it- take pics, please.;)

1. CB 1100

2. Nice aircooled 4 in the CB

3. Harley Cafe Racer parked outside

4. Ryuka 250 Adventure bike

5. Large capacity parallel twin in a compact chassis

6. Indian V twin

It' liquid cooled, not air cooled in the CB1100.

Never

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Real freaken a**holes or I just need a new tire but either way abnormal.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

When was the last time you bought new tires? You should change your car and bike tires at least every two years in Thailand whether they need it or not because the heat makes them crack. Get a tool to check the inner valves are locked properly, they come loose often.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm not going to make it- take pics, please.;)

1. CB 1100

2. Nice aircooled 4 in the CB

3. Harley Cafe Racer parked outside

4. Ryuka 250 Adventure bike

5. Large capacity parallel twin in a compact chassis

6. Indian V twin

It' liquid cooled, not air cooled in the CB1100.

Yeah right, and featuring Honda's all new IRT system is it?

(Invisible Radiator Technology)

555!!

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

I really liked the NM 4, wont do in traffic but looks nice. I thought wow, batman style haha. This one and the new VFR were my favourite. And yes, Honda ruled, their place was most interesting and most crowded. Also happy with Paddock, I got Taichi gloves too , and even more glad I made friends with another shop , Blacksteed and bought pants from there. Lastly the Mos burger on 3rd floor was great. :)

• Like 1

ll2 thanks for photo but a few more ladies would have been better. What was wrong with your helmet that you should buy a new one.

Moe I don't think you have been truly addicted to bikes yet. Helmets etc. are fashion accessories and it's nice to have a collection. I only wear a helmet for 1 - 2 years then keep it in my collection unless it's been damaged. A $100 helmet will do 90% of what a $1000 helmet will do but it's the difference between a work of art and a functional object. It's nice to have different helmets which match different jackets and different bikes. It's sometimes referred to as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Do you like to collect anything?

• Like 1

Talked to the guys at Honda and got some news from them.

They will open two more Big Wings in Bangkok on Rama 3 and Rama 5, will open September/October.

Also mentioned mid next year prices of imports will go down again.

The CB1100 might get produced in Thailand and price could drop significantly from 605K baht to something much nicer.

LL2, you forgot to mention the FZ-09 at Yamaha, killer bike in my opinion.

Also, on Saturday there were some Ducati owners groups there too, at that time there were more Ducati's there than Honda's.

But according to Honda they have been number 1 again for the last three months, beating Kawasaki.

• Like 1