Nice, cheap studio apartment available

banagan

*NEEDS TO GO BY BEFORE 19TH*

Great studio apartment available- Rent, 4,500 per month.

I reserved the room, but have decided to take another place. New building, close to Chiang Mai University, 10 min on a scooter to Nimmanhemin & Maya Shopping Mall.

Features. 8 floor, small balcony with good view, small kitchen, AC.

I've been in the building 4 months, at the back in a 2 bed. There's construction going on, so reserved a studio when it became available as a back up while looking for a bigger place, found one, so will just let it go, but would be good to get my 2,000 baht deposit back.

The building has 2 beds and studios, the studios go quick, as they're pretty cheap, if you're looking for nice room, in a nice building with a kitchen, cheap, then this is ideal.

The security deposit is 6k and one month rent, usual.

Needs to go by before the 19th.

https://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=18.817572,+98.957588&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x30da3a4551a6a681:0x23d4d906366008c6,18.817572,+98.957588&gl=th&ei=oXsAU_WeBauRigfLsoFg&ved=0CCcQ8gEwAA

post-186502-0-61930300-1392542581_thumb.

Electric rip-offs are one of the main reasons i'm buying a place. 8 is double. You could easily use 600 in the hot season....that's 2400 out the window that could have paid for a week of meals and beer promos.

I've looked at about 12 apartments around this area, and this is what electric costs in condos. I only recently found out that it's half price in a private home.

Again, this is a cheap studio in a condo.

There were places in BKK charging 10 per unit, 9 years ago. It's a racket, for sure. If you couple that with an older a/c unit; you basically are paying quadruple..even at 8 per unit.

BTW, maybe give www.chiangmainews.com a try for free classifieds...more local.

Cheers, I saw a place that wants a 1,000 baht booking fee... what the hell is a booking fee? This wasn't going through an agent.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to butt in to this request, but maybe you can help a bit. I'm renting a house which is too big, too expensive but still has a few months lease to run. I'll then be looking for a condo.

Any idea if the place you mention has unfurnished rooms, particularly 1 bedroom, not studio.

thanks for any help you can give.