Bangkok Airways insurance, total waste of money!

jmccarty

When it comes time to tick the box if you want insurance on the tickets, unless you or one of your party plan to die, and you cancel the flight, you will not be refunded by the Bangkok Airways. They will refer your to AGA who says:

The unforeseen death, life-threatening injury or illness of:
- The Insured Person;
- The Insured Person’s traveling companion; or
- A Close Relative, traveling or not traveling with the Insured Person.

In case your reason to cancel this trip falls any above details and you need to claim for unused Bangkok Airways’ flight ticket as the non-refundable cost,

1) Please confirm the cancellation with Bangkok Airways at [email protected] or Tel : 66-2270-6699,.
2) Once Bangkok Airways confirm the cancellation, please forward that letter (or email) to us.
3) The compensation in part of non-refundable expense will be settled for you.

Please kindly prepare the additional documents as following:

- Copy of passenger’s passport
- Complete claim form (Attached) Part A-C
- Unused Bangkok Airways flight booking which have been paid (amount of unrecoverable expense/cancellation/administration fee)
- Certified copy of medical certificate by a medical practitioner and be certified writing by him / or Part D ** This is a must document**

Please note that there is not any cover at this stage. We need to have claim information first.
please kindly send the above-mentioned documents to us by scanning and attached to the email or fax (attention Claim Department).

Do not waste your money on this insurance scam, if one o the above occurred, the cost of your air ticket loss would be about the last thing on your mind.

Instead, by your ticket with AMEX and purchase an annual Amex insurance travel policy. You are then covered completely even if you need to cancel by preference. All paid for by Amex.

Happy and safe traveling and do to support scammers associated and in fact endorsed by Bangkok Airways. Caring not for their passengers well being is their motto.

• Like 1

Insurances are invented to MAKE money nothing else...

of course they make money thats the point of being in business - or would you start a business to make a loss?!

as for doing 'nothing else', a completely incorrect and ill informed statement:

i'm no fan of insurance companies however my home was flooded last year. the insurance company responded immediately and professionally. they provided all the support required, easing the stress and strain on myself, and settled the 40,000 GBP claim efficiently and completely.

I'm wondering what the OP's rant is about.

A cancellation insurance requires serious illness of an insured person or close relative, and requires proof of booking, payment and illness. Seems all fairly logical to me.

I would say the insurance would, considering the amounts we're talking about, not be necessary, but a scam, no.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

I've only seen one policy for "trip cancellation by preference", in Europe. It was not even excessively expensive, but certainly rare and I would have a problem finding it again even if I wanted.

While in this case "illness" of traveller or close relative is enough to get coverage, that is the same as for any other policy normally sold together with the ticket.

That the OP had read "death", but failed to continue reading to "illness".

At that point blood pressure went up and the only possible relief was a venting on a forum.

Edited by paz