How to say "be careful" and "gently, please"

Grawburg

Two different scenarios and am curious if the words are at all the same...

1) I have a guy I take pictures to get framed. I have two pieces of artwork and the art is actually a design made from butterfly wings. How do I tell him "be careful" "handle gently" "this is fragile."

2) How do I tell the foot massage ladies to not rub my feet so darn hard? How do I say "gently please" "not too hard"

Thanks...if you want to suggest full sentences that fine as I can speak some thai so I don't need to speak in fragments. :)

1) ระวังหน่อยนะ มันเปราะบาง

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมาก

So now we're suppose to read Thai? I thing the OP wanted it written phonetically in English...

• Like 1

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมาก

So now we're suppose to read Thai? I thing the OP wanted it written phonetically in English...

Typo, it should read I think... beside reading it and pronouncing it correctly are two different

things..... unlike English...

• Like 1

The original poster's responses, phonetically in English:

1. rawang nawy na .... man praw' bang (lit. "please be careful, it's fragile")

2. nuat bao bao ... yaa chai raeng maak (lit. "massage softly, don't use much strength")

No. 1's right on the money, don't forget the "khrap" or "na khrap" at the end of the sentence.As for no. 2, you could say,"Bao bao noi, da mai, jaah?".

• Like 1

if you speak 2 words of thai overhere, people tend to think you speak it fluently and understand everything

that is one thing that keeps me from speaking thai, loooooooooool

MAI PUUT THAI

just scream when it is too hard

Edited by belg

In everyday's life, the first mentioned sentence is not practical. It should be ระวังหน่อยนะครับ กรอบรูปมันแตกง่ายมาก ขอบคุณครับ = please be careful, the frames are fragile, thank you.

• Like 2

In everyday's life, the first mentioned sentence is not practical. It should be ระวังหน่อยนะครับ กรอบรูปมันแตกง่ายมาก ขอบคุณครับ = please be careful, the frames are fragile, thank you.

It is not the frame (กรอบรูป) that is fragile it is the picture. To other posters: if you are living in Thailand long term, make the effort to learn to read as well as speak.

• Like 2

Picture framing...yeah right! ;-)

Yeah.

Now supposing the framer wasn't working quickly enough, or the massage lady is not using enough strength? How would you say "faster, faster", and "harder, harder!"?

1. เร็วๆ reo reo

2. แรงๆ raeng raeng

• Like 1

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมาก

Typo, it should read I think... beside reading it and pronouncing it correctly are two different

things..... unlike English...

OH YES..!! Like 'Turn on the Light', when switches do not turn and 'lite' is how we say it...LOL

2. nuat bao bao ... yaa chai raeng maak (lit. "massage softly, don't use much strength")

Now wasn't that easier than sending unintelligible squiggles...LOL

How do you say No Teeth, Please...

You see, this is something I mentioned to thai visa when I filled out their survey. How do you stop or separate the serious and intelligent posters from those stupid, redneck, foul mouthed types that want to turn a serious subject into a forum of dirty innuendo.

So, how does a person clearly identify which massage shop does or doesn't perform 'extra services'..??

Believe me, I get a massage at least once a week and on the occasion when my favorite shop is closed, I heve gone to others and quite a few would much prefer providing 'extras' instead of a good Thai Massage. Then I also discovered where the shop owner will say 'no hanky panky', even to say so in a sign, but the individual masseuse plays games to get customers aroused...

i.e. NO BJ in bold letters really means whenever the owner is watching.

• Like 1

How do you say No Teeth, Please...

You see, this is something I mentioned to thai visa when I filled out their survey. How do you stop or separate the serious and intelligent posters from those stupid, redneck, foul mouthed types that want to turn a serious subject into a forum of dirty innuendo.

I also said something like that (and more) in the survey.

I appreciate that many like a spot of fun and there is a joke page with more than 2,000 jokes on it, plus other "fun" pages.

Perhaps this link could help?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/20-jokes-puzzles-and-riddles-make-my-day/

To the OP.

Lamat lawang asks the man to take care or deck nigh - easily broken.

To lessen the intensity of a massage, Bao Bao would be sufficient.

I think Belg is right, if you say a sentence people will think you understand Thai, that's true for every language.

Just uttering a couple of sounds is probably best.

(I consulted 'Er in doors and she is

a) always right and

B) knows everything LOL)

Good Luck

It is not the frame (กรอบรูป) that is fragile it is the picture. To other posters: if you are living in Thailand long term, make the effort to learn to read as well as speak.

thanks paul, i'll get right on that. glad you stopped by.

Good translations given here really.

For everyday situations I would recommend to use simple words in case of doubt, like แตกง่าย (dtaaek ngai lit: break easily) rather than เปราะบาง (probang). I would like to point out that beginners (who have to rely on transliterations) should be using simple words instead of more advanced constructions. And non-thai speaking farangs tend to underestimate how important it is in Thai to get the tones right to be understood. Sometimes farangs think they say the word, but the Thai person doesn't understand, but still smiles to be polite.

No. 1's right on the money, don't forget the "khrap" or "na khrap" at the end of the sentence.As for no. 2, you could say,"Bao bao noi, da mai, jaah?".

To get the right meaning OP would have to say 2: Bao bao noi, dai mai, khrap? Worked for me before, might be wrong.

Edited by sirchai

English to Thai Dictionaries are available at any book store.

Also you can use online translations.....instead of having 2000 replies on a forum (perhaps you just need conversation)

Anyway..I looked it up for ya...

http://translate.google.com/#en/th/careful%20please

You are welcome, but as a former instructor, may I say that researching your own questions will get you faster results, and you may learn something in the process ! wai2.gif

• Like 1

To get the right meaning OP would have to say 2: Bao bao noi, dai mai, khrap? Worked for me before, might be wrong.

Right, the "noi" makes the request sound smoother and more pleasant, and the krap should close the statement or request to make it polite. Without the krap it sounds harsh in Thai ears.

Right, the "noi" makes the request sound smoother and more pleasant, and the krap should close the statement or request to make it polite. Without the krap it sounds harsh in Thai ears.

the moment you show him 500 bht ...he will not listen to your " crap"-phom.

Or is your language teacher massaging you?coffee1.gif

2) นวดเบาๆ อย่าใช้แรงมาก

for him ....very helpfull...cheesy.gif ...answerd !facepalm.gif very clever but he deserve it, as a lazy boy, i guess...!

https://www.google.fr/#q=thai+english+translator

http://imtranslator.net/translation/english/to-thai/translation/

anyway if people start to make post only for that ......reason .....!w00t.gif

drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif