Tourist Visa after Non Immigrant B Multiple Entry

Hello guys,

Just a quick question: I have a Non Immigrant B Multiple Entry made in Penanag in 2012 with WP. It is expiring soon and I don't have the WP anymore, so I was thinking of getting a single entry Tourist Visa in Penang or Vientiane. I just need to stay 2 more months, then I will fly to Europe (I have already purchased the ticket).

Do you think they could give me any problem? I know usually these 2 places are quite friendly, but it is clear I am not a toursit, plus I read on the forum that lately, at least in KL, some people got it denied.

Also, what kind of papers would you suggest bringing along?

Thank you very much!

I assume it is your last entry from your that is expiring not your visa if it was issued in 2012.

You will not have a problem getting a tourist visa.in Penang or Vientiane. Nothing special will be needed.

KL has denied visas because the applicants did not have a ticket out or the financial proof that they are now asking for. That does not mean you will have problems getting a visa elsewhere.

I assume it is your last entry from your that is expiring not your visa if it was issued in 2012.

Yes, you assume correctly. Thank you for your replay. Are you suggesting to bring along the ticket out of Thailand and a Bank Statement? Or these things are only required in KL?

Thanks again!

Can the bank statment for proof of funds be a Thai bank?

Or does it have to be a bank in the country on your passport?

I assume you are asking about KL. The reports I read about getting the visa they were asking for a letter from an employer as well as showing money in any bank. They apparently are trying to stop anybody from getting a tourist visa there unless you are Malaysian.