Large bottles of Singha have disappeared

nong38

The 63cl bottles of Singha seem to have disappeared from 7-11 and Big C now they only have 50cl bottles at around 55bts are you finding the same?

When the sudden tax increase came into force many beers were not be found, when Chang Classic re-appeared the 64cl bottle had dropped to 63cl and the strength went down from 6.4% to 6% seems like the brewers are after more profits as well as the Govt, just like our countries of birth.

• Like 1

I don't understand that way of making profit. They make a new bottle from 1cl smaller ,that costs the factory a lot of money and all the old bottles can't be refilled anymore. Will that be worth all the effort? Maybe the customers feel cheated and start buying another brand.

I stopped drinking in Thailand so i don't care at all. I drink occasionly maybe once a month and still get headaches from that so i don't see the use of it. In Europe i can drink as much as i want and never have headaches.

Beer is very expensive in Thailand and not of a good quality. Paulaner in Germany is 1 euro for 50 cl and is a great beer.Mr. Chang can't seduce me anymore.

The 63cl bottles of Singha seem to have disappeared from 7-11 and Big C now they only have 50cl bottles at around 55bts are you finding the same?

When the sudden tax increase came into force many beers were not be found, when Chang Classic re-appeared the 64cl bottle had dropped to 63cl and the strength went down from 6.4% to 6% seems like the brewers are after more profits as well as the Govt, just like our countries of birth.

Generally that's what they do is slyly reduce content in our countries of birth

If you are so dependent on alcohol, or so close to being broke that you worry how much it costs, that you have to post about such a petty issue on a public web forum, you have much bigger things to worry about.

If you are so dependent on alcohol, or so close to being broke that you worry how much it costs, that you have to post about such a petty issue on a public web forum, you have much bigger things to worry about.

The point is about hyperinflation of an already overpriced commodity. The beer and wine situation here is dismal and getting worse, low quality and high prices. The still low cost of many fruits and veggies helps to balance out the situation for me.

• Like 1

I don't understand that way of making profit. They make a new bottle from 1cl smaller ,that costs the factory a lot of money and all the old bottles can't be refilled anymore. Will that be worth all the effort? Maybe the customers feel cheated and start buying another brand.

I stopped drinking in Thailand so i don't care at all. I drink occasionly maybe once a month and still get headaches from that so i don't see the use of it. In Europe i can drink as much as i want and never have headaches.

Beer is very expensive in Thailand and not of a good quality. Paulaner in Germany is 1 euro for 50 cl and is a great beer.Mr. Chang can't seduce me anymore.

I don't see the big costs.

The molds for the bottles must be replaced frequently anyway. On the next service you reduce the filling amount....not a big thing.

Different would be in Europe where there the same bottles are used several times. But here they are throw away.

And buying another brand? You have how many brands in Thailand? Is it 3 Families? No real competition....

Another thing is of course the extreme high tax on the beer, which isn't the companies fault.

you seem to trot that line out alot.

you seem to trot that line out alot.

i-dont-always-repeat-myself-but-when-i-d

I've done my best not to drink awful Thai beer anymore. Where I live I have scouted all the shops and found supplies of South African cider, London Pride ale and Beer Lao. I would rather spend a bit more money and really enjoy a glass, than waste money on the poor excuse for a beer they manufacture and sell here. Same goes with the nasty spirits. I'll spend more on a decent bottle of gin or whiskey, perhaps less often but it's clean, decent taste and no chemical headaches,

Others seem to have come across "Wym" before so all I will say is that I was just bringing peoples attention to what seems like blatant profiteering, I actually dont drink Singha.

Thai beer is still pretty cheap as opposed to Brit beer, although they have gone down the same road recently. Charles Wells brew a beer called Bombardier they used to advertise it as "full British pint"(568cl) they dont now its 50cl, 50cl is the standard now in the UK. My favourites now would cost the last time I purchased about 100bts would be Batemans XXB and Victory ale, Hopback's Summer Lightening, Palmers 200, Sharp's Special, John Smith's Magnet, there are others who I cannot recall at the moment, they all kick Thai beers into a cocked hat. Thai beers cost about 50bts, the UK's finest about 100bts , before the import duties would be added. I do miss my dark beers, which are a good anti-oxididant for the body, note that WYM!

Beer is not bad for you so long as you respect it and are responsible with consumption.

What Singha have done is not clever, they will learn, well probably not. They have hedged their bets and left Leo as it was.

Edited by nong38

Sure nothing wrong with drinking for most.

I just find it hard to believe that those who attach so much importance to their "hobby" are doing so in moderation.

Especially if it's such a large part of your weekly budget that you get upset about the price going up.

If I see my favorite brand of ginger ale is now too expensive, I move on and drink sprite instead, or water.

Certainly don't post whinging about it in a web forum.

I don't see the big costs.

The molds for the bottles must be replaced frequently anyway. On the next service you reduce the filling amount....not a big thing.

Different would be in Europe where there the same bottles are used several times. But here they are throw away.

And buying another brand? You have how many brands in Thailand? Is it 3 Families? No real competition....

Another thing is of course the extreme high tax on the beer, which isn't the companies fault.

Bottles are thrown away? There is a huge industry around recycling and reusing bottles in thailand.

Sure nothing wrong with drinking for most.

I just find it hard to believe that those who attach so much importance to their "hobby" are doing so in moderation.

Especially if it's such a large part of your weekly budget that you get upset about the price going up.

If I see my favorite brand of ginger ale is now too expensive, I move on and drink sprite instead, or water.

Is whining about other people whining not worse? The OP wasn't whining, simply putting into words what was on his mind at the moment.

Is whining about other people whining not worse? The OP wasn't whining, simply putting into words what was on his mind at the moment.

Whinging isn't whining - close, both mean childish complaining, but the former doesn't necessarily imply a high-pitched tone like a puppy.

Whinging isn't whining - close, both mean childish complaining, but the former doesn't necessarily imply a high-pitched tone like a puppy.

STOP WHINING and go have a beer.crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif