Imm O visa to ED visa

Hi,

I have a Imm O visa (spouse visa) that I have been on for 4 years.

Things happen between the wifey and I and I won't be renewing my imm O visa.

I am thinking of doing the ED (education visa) as I do want to learn Thai and will start up a business soon and get a B visa (but this question will be for another day)

So, therefore.

I have 2 months left on my O visa and heard that I need at least 1 month remaining to apply for the ED visa.

So, I have paid a school a fee for a 1 year course learning Thai, they will give me a letter to take to immigration.

But I believe that I need to apply for this abroad, Cambodia, Singapore, Myanmar etc... It will take up to 3 days aswell.

So will I need to get my re-entry stamp first from immigration in Bangkok (where I live) first.

How does it all work?

Any experiences and advice will be appreciated.

This is my first post on Thaivisa :)

You can extend your non O for education, this is different/better than getting an Ed visa.

You do not need to leave the country to get it, you do not need to pay for renewals every 3 months, it is a 12 month extension, simply do 90 day reports.

My school sorted it all out for me, had to be done in BKK I believe. http://www.progresslanguage.com/

There are no financial requirements to get an extension based upon attending a school.

It may be needed to obtain documents needed for the extension done by the Education Ministry but their is no fixed amount that I have seen. The school you enroll in will know about this.

• 1 month later...

Ok,

I got all my document, and I will be heading to Loas next week, with my paperwork, passport, photos etc.

As I am on an ImmO visa now, Do I need to go to Immigration here to get a re-entry visa or anything?

Or will I be sweet just to go to Loas by minivan?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ok,

I got all my document, and I will be heading to Loas next week, with my paperwork, passport, photos etc.

As I am on an ImmO visa now, Do I need to go to Immigration here to get a re-entry visa or anything?

Be sure about what you have ! ( are you sure about the "immO visa"? )

If you have an "extension of stay " a re-entry permit is recquired.

Ok,

Unless you want to keep your current permit to stay valid you don't need a re-entry permit (not a visa).

I think you want to loose your current permit to stay since you are going for a visa.,

ok, my immO visa finished in 2 weeks, it woun't be renewed under immiO.

So I am getting a ED. So do I need to do anything at immigration here?

What is the difference if I went to the immigration office to get a re-entry or just go to Laos without?