CONGRATULATIONS -Vanessa VANAKORN

kingstonkid

In the Women's Giant Slalom today she came 74th out of 90 starters. 27 seconds behind the winner.

Good go.

Yeah that was the first run. The other 16 fell down though. In the second run out of the 74 that started 7 more fell, so Vanessa came 67th overall. If only 64 more woman DNF'ed she could have won a medal!

She finished dead last, 67th out of 67 finishers, so 22 failed to finish.

Yes, it was in last place, and 50.1 seconds (aggregate of two runs), but she finished, in horrible conditions.

Somebody has to finish last, but she survived,

Congratulations.

She finished dead last, 67th out of 67 finishers, so 22 failed to finish.

Yes, it was in last place, and 50.1 seconds (aggregate of two runs), but she finished, in horrible conditions.

Somebody has to finish last, but she survived,

Congratulations.

Most probably I would finish 50.1 minutes behind the winner.....

Anyway with the 67th place she is Thailands best :-)

I echo the sentiments of the above posters. I think it's great that she entered what is a potentially very risky event. She didn't need the publicity, nor any money it might generate; she did it for the sheer excitement and challenge.

Bloody good show! clap2.gif

• Like 1

In the Women's Giant Slalom today she came 74th out of 90 starters. 27 seconds behind the winner.

Good go.

Yeah that was the first run. The other 16 fell down though. In the second run out of the 74 that started 7 more fell, so Vanessa came 67th overall. If only 64 more woman DNF'ed she could have won a medal!

AND YOU QUALIFIED FOR THE OLYMPICS WHEN???????????????

Good go.

AND YOU QUALIFIED FOR THE OLYMPICS WHEN???????????????

Impossible for me without first getting Thai passport. Too many real athletes in my country unfortunately. Please read up on how this great violin player managed to qualify for the Olympics. But I am not against what she did at all. It's part of the Olympic spirit that people from all countries should be given a chance to compete. I do feel sorry for some serious athletes that compete in their sport full time, being near the best in the world and it's the only thing they have been doing for many years, and not being able to go to the world's most prestigious sporting event, because there is a limit on the number of athletes per country.

Somehow don't think the queue was too long from Thailand for that particular event.

Good on ya' Vanessa, smart ambitious talented beautiful AND brave!

Did I mention beautiful?

463102212014_Vanessa-Mae2-Extra_2165398c

a769c4c5d93052d714c73f31ce3a1d8f.png

article-2554936-1B4FE0E900000578-414_30665826-1390228439392_banner.jpg

470019835-vanessa-vanakorn-of-thailand-p

Edited by wym

Lolmao, as predicted she finished dead last, but it was even worse than I thought... 50 sec behind, what a shame! That's ridiculous. She could have at least pretended to try harder. In the end It was just some rich girl's whim to "compete" in the olympics.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app