Chiang Mai Travel Agents?

jackr

I know there's a few down Moon Muang and one along Nimmanhemin, although never been in them, but can anyone recommend a good, reliable travel agent where the staff know what they're doing and English is well spoken?

cheers

I have a friend who knows an agent that has some reasonable deals.

At present he knows an agent that can get a return, business class to the UK on Gulf Air for 34,000 baht. (Of course you have to swap planes in Abu somewhere)

Let me know if you need further info and I will find out more

TP

If you have time to shop around; stop by STA Travel-staff speak english; pass P&P travel heading toward Thapae gate on the left side. EVA Air has direct flights to London and June is considered low season so you should get a price break.

I know there's a few down Moon Muang and one along Nimmanhemin, although never been in them, but can anyone recommend a good, reliable travel agent where the staff know what they're doing and English is well spoken?

cheers

At present he knows an agent that can get a return, business class to the UK on Gulf Air for 34,000 baht. (Of course you have to swap planes in Abu somewhere)

TP

Hi TP. Bit unsure about Gulf Air as I've heard conflicting stories about big delays, crappy airports etc, although would be good to find out more about these Business Class seats.

cheers jr

If you have time to shop around; stop by STA Travel-staff speak english; pass P&P travel heading toward Thapae gate on the left side. EVA Air has direct flights to London and June is considered low season so you should get a price break.

cheers

cheers

So STA Travel is just past P&P? Checking online with EVA and the direct prices seem pretty reasonably priced.

a few minutes walking; beware the eternal construction hurdles on thapae road.

cheers

cheers

So STA Travel is just past P&P? Checking online with EVA and the direct prices seem pretty reasonably priced.

I would always use one who have their own Amadeus terminals.. I mostly use P&P.. Was just in there a couple of days ago.

Eva indeed has good prices, considering it's a direct flight this is really quite a nice deal. (31-32K or so)

Interesting though to see that all kinds of options are available during the footie world cup when nobody seems to want to travel. But right afterwards things are pretty full. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Would recommend STA too and also Lamai travel close to the CM Gate hotel - www.lamaitravel.com.

For airlines, Thai & EVA about the same for direct. If you want a cheapie with a stopover avoid Kuwait as their onboard staff are rude and there is no booze. Also Kuwait Airport is a sh*thole.

Etihad are another and they stop in Abu Dhabi or in the case when I went with then last year, Abu Dhabi (change plne), Doha and Bahrain (I think) before getting back to the UK to find that my bags had been lost although they did turn up the next day.

My recommendation, unless you want a stopover, is to take EVA and pay the extra.

Cheers & have a good flight.

Pikey.

TP

Hi TP. Bit unsure about Gulf Air as I've heard conflicting stories about big delays, crappy airports etc, although would be good to find out more about these Business Class seats.

cheers jr

Jack the name of the company is Charal Travel..they have a massive office near Warawot Market. Tel no: 053 252 050.

Apparantley fuel surcharges will be applied of between 60 & 80 quid after 31st May

TP

TP

cheers jr

Jack the name of the company is Charal Travel..they have a massive office near Warawot Market. Tel no: 053 252 050.

Apparantley fuel surcharges will be applied of between 60 & 80 quid after 31st May

TP

Cheers mate, I know where that un is.

Are these surcharges just for Gulf Air or have you heard everyone is likely going to be increasing by about this much? If so, best book the flight now I reckon. :o

TP

cheers jr

TP

Cheers mate, I know where that un is.

Are these surcharges just for Gulf Air or have you heard everyone is likely going to be increasing by about this much? If so, best book the flight now I reckon. :o

I reckon you are right Mate..I reckon it will be across the board

Cheers

TP

cheers

If no luck with any of above try Trans world travel Tai pae road never let me down in 9 years ask for Gay they will go the extra mile and Email or phone if unexpected arises.

Did you get a price for Eva Air then JR?

It was coming in at about £570 per seat online direct to Heathrow, which is around 40k, although some on here have been saying about 32k at the travel agents. I'll pop in tomorrow.

There was an ad a couple of days ago in the Post for EVA advertising economy seats at 25xxx and deluxe at 32xxx THB but book by 31/5 and only valid until 30/6. Dunno if this suits your plans but the agency is BKK based and called Nilton Travel (www.niltontravel.com). Haven't checked myself but maybe worth a look.

There was an ad a couple of days ago in the Post for EVA advertising economy seats at 25xxx and deluxe at 32xxx THB but book by 31/5 and only valid until 30/6. Dunno if this suits your plans but the agency is BKK based and called Nilton Travel (www.niltontravel.com). Haven't checked myself but maybe worth a look.

Thanks Pikey, nice prices but I'll be travelling towards the end of July. May still go for EVA though.

Hi Jack,

That's prob the time I will pop back to the UK for a couple of weeks too(school holidays e.t.c). Can you post the best deal you find for a direct flight and I'll do the same once I have got my dates fixed?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hi Jack,

That's prob the time I will pop back to the UK for a couple of weeks too(school holidays e.t.c). Can you post the best deal you find for a direct flight and I'll do the same once I have got my dates fixed?

Cheers,

Pikey.

OK will do

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Went for Charal Travel in the end, cheers TP.

Was in P&P travel with 100k in me sky rocket and they sat me down out the way with others butting in front. Seems a little disorganised and tatty and if they can't look after people then tough titties. Off to STA, which is just down the road and is a lot cleaner. The price worked out at 2,000-baht more than both Charal and P&P had quoted. When I told them this they did some sums and brought it down a bit but it was still 1,000 baht over. The lady actually made me feel guilty when I said I'd try Charal as they were still a lot cheaper, by saying 'but it's only 1,000 baht!'. :o

Charal seems a lot more efficient - well, the girl that dealt with me was anyway - and the aircon works. So if anyone doesn't get any joy anywhere else or is after the best price, try Charal. Ask for Boi, she's pretty switched on and also quite nice to look at :D:D.

Anyway, thanks all for the recommendations.

/ Went for Emirates in the end to Birmingham return, which was coming in at about 33,500 per adult, while EVA direct to Heathrow was about 40k each.

Edited by jackr