Super market at the festival mall

ericpasansai

Wake me up when there is a reason to go there. So far I haven't been, and no plans to go.

[ Airport Plaza you hafta go when you dunk your phone into a pond or crack the screen. Promenada you hafta go when invited to a children's birthday party. (Toys R us), or when you want Chiang Mai's best supermarket pretty much to yourself, with easy parking. Maya you hafta go when you want a reminder of why you really don't want to be in Bangkok and its traffic jams. But Festival... can't think of it. smile.png ]

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

You should check it out Winnie. It's the best supermarket in C.M. The quality is excellent and the variety in unbelievable for C.M. I too, have seen things in there I haven't seen in more than 10 years (except on one trip to the USA 6 years ago). The prices on cheese and other farang delicacies are very reasonable I think. Yes there are some things (like in the fruit section) that are priced out of this world like 600 THB for 150 grams of imported fruits! I agree with Eric, it's terrific.

• Like 2

Wake me up when there is a reason to go there. So far I haven't been, and no plans to go.

[ Airport Plaza you hafta go when you dunk your phone into a pond or crack the screen. Promenada you hafta go when invited to a children's birthday party. (Toys R us), or when you want Chiang Mai's best supermarket pretty much to yourself, with easy parking. Maya you hafta go when you want a reminder of why you really don't want to be in Bangkok and its traffic jams. But Festival... can't think of it. smile.png ]

New home of AIS and the market is just another Tops with some unusually good cheeses. I really like the Gouda Pesto green and the red one.smile.png

New home of AIS and the market is just another Tops with some unusually good cheeses. I really like the Gouda Pesto green and the red one.smile.png

if you love Gouda (a 101 entry level cheese) you'll love aerosol cheese Product spread
  • Like 2

Haven't been impressed yet as the expensive produce is in pretty poor shape but I like the area with cooked meats. Buy a roll at the bakery and turn around for some med rare lamb and ask them to put some mustard on it and you won't go hungry looking for your car

• Like 2

Haven't been impressed yet as the expensive produce is in pretty poor shape but I like the area with cooked meats. Buy a roll at the bakery and turn around for some med rare lamb and ask them to put some mustard on it and you won't go hungry looking for your car

Med rare lamb...great thumbsup.gif

Mustard on it?....Sacrilege,to say the least 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gifbiggrin.png

Med rare lamb...great thumbsup.gif

Mustard on it?....Sacrilege,to say the least 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gifbiggrin.png

Best Lamb in the world is the AUSTRALIAN lamb @ Rimping.

Bit of a worry in buying NZ Lamb 'cause y' never quite know jest whut those KIWIS do to their Lumbs before they kill 'em. In fact, rumor has it, they get up to some pretty funny thungs after they kill 'em.

Of course I don't believe any of these scurrilous rumors myself.

if you love Gouda (a 101 entry level cheese) you'll love aerosol cheese Product spread

Gouda is OK but they have it with red and green Pesto in it. a different animal. I eat it by the piece so not sure I would like a spread unless it went well with a hamburger or hot dog. Is it available there also?

They do a fair amount of cheeses at Macro - deli counter - at Hang Dong Rd branch. Stocked up on Gourda, Blue Stilton, Brie and others at Christmas (lasted about 3 days though :)) - just no decent cheese crackers to be had here :(

Gouda is OK but they have it with red and green Pesto in it. a different animal. I eat it by the piece so not sure I would like a spread unless it went well with a hamburger or hot dog. Is it available there also?

LOL! Looks like that one went right over hellodolly's head. 555

They do a fair amount of cheeses at Macro - deli counter - at Hang Dong Rd branch. Stocked up on Gourda, Blue Stilton, Brie and others at Christmas (lasted about 3 days though smile.png) - just no decent cheese crackers to be had here sad.png

Actually, there are excellent crackers now available here, but as I love them so much and dont want them to sell out you ll have to find them for yourself!

They do a fair amount of cheeses at Macro - deli counter - at Hang Dong Rd branch. Stocked up on Gourda, Blue Stilton, Brie and others at Christmas (lasted about 3 days though smile.png) - just no decent cheese crackers to be had here sad.png

No decent cheese crackers here- have you found Carrs Water Biscuits? If not give them a go. Perfect with cheese inmho. (Tesco etc)

• Like 1

Definitely the best supermarket in CM. Always amazes me at the variety of products on offer.

Not cheap though!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to agree...went in there for the first time this morning...no trouble with parking at ground floor,walked straight into the food hall....quite amazing....and for the first time in Thailand...for me...British and Irish Bacon, pricy at 399 baht but one pack reduced to 240 baht for a 300 grm pack. Was hoping for some Waitrose smoked haddock fishcakes...but no go.

If they can keep up restocking then Rimping will not be getting so much of my buisness in future

Very impressed!

I went back today as well. The cheese section was like being back in France. The bakery and imported cold cuts. It's an experience to shop there. It's a real milestone for cm. What market is that. Is it an upscale version of an existing market

it's Tops Market chain. another amazing thing there is that they give you money back! i also went back the other day to buy the same things (bread, cheeses and imported cold cuts). when i went to pay and presented my Tops card, the cashier told me to go back to the desk for my "cash back". i wasn't sure what that meant? so i went back and the woman told me i had earned 100 Bath is cash back bonuses! (i've only shopped there about 3 times). so she gave me a coupon for a 100 Baht along with a little box of Belgian chocolates. what a great market.

• Like 1

There cooked western foods at 30 baht 100g is very hard to beat had beef in pepper sauce for 2 and a half pieces 82b cheaper than doing it myself ...and the cheese has been reduced everytime ive gone in there ,i just freeze it till i need it ...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app