Four Thai Army suspects deny attacking Kwanchai

webfact

Four Thai Army suspects deny attacking Kwanchai
By Digital Content

13928625278896.jpg

UDON THANI, Feb 20 – Four Thai Army personnel surrendered to police here yesterday in connection with a shooting attack on an influential pro-Thaksin leader at his home here last month.

Kwanchai Sarakham, also know as Kwanchai Praipana, leader of the Love Udon Club, was seriously wounded in a hail of gunfire into his residence on Jan 22.

He has been hospitalised at Rama 9 Hospital in Bangkok after being transferred from an Udon Thani hospital.

The four suspects were accompanied by a military judge advocate to Udon Thani police station to acknowledge the charges.

They were identified as M/Sgt Mavin Yangbua,38, M/Sgt Viroj Pimsingh, 36, 2nd Lt Pratya Chanrodpai, 40 and Sgt Chanond Tabtimthong, 30.

The first three were attached to the 19th Cavalry Division, Surasee Camp, in Kanchanaburi, while the fourth suspect worked at the 9th Infantry Division.

They denied all charges as witnesses were invited to identify them.

M/Sgt Mavin and M/Sgt Viroj were bailed out with Bt450,000 bond each while Lt Pratya and Sgt Chanond posted bond at Bt500,000 and Bt100,000 respectively.

Police said the four men would be in army custody while police prepared to submit evidence and witnesses against them to the Attorney General.

Police continued their manhunt for two other suspects who remain at large. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-20

"They denied all charges as witnesses were invited to identify them."

Must be a 'lost in translation' case again. for one witnesses would be invited for a line-up in which every line would have one suspect and 9 similar looking people I assume? Furthermore I assume the witnesses are invited for another day, rather than while the four are being charged?

Note I don't say anything about them being guilty or not. That's a matter for the court based on information presented by the prosecuter who get's it from the police a.o.

Must be a 'lost in translation' case again. for one witnesses would be invited for a line-up in which every line would have one suspect and 9 similar looking people I assume? Furthermore I assume the witnesses are invited for another day, rather than while the four are being charged?

Note I don't say anything about them being guilty or not. That's a matter for the court based on information presented by the prosecuter who get's it from the police a.o.

You know what is said about assumption, well obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't have suggested a "Law and Order" type TV show police procedural scenario here.

You know what is said about assumption, well obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't have suggested a "Law and Order" type TV show police procedural scenario here.

So, nothing lost in translation? Witnesses invited to come and look at those who the police tells them are the perpetrators? Justice fab4 style ?

• Like 1

It seems the military are implicated in practically all violence against the pro governments supporters. Questions need to be asked as to how military personnel can drive off base with weapons.

Actually, it's very easy to do so. You must have never driven on or off a military base. Do you actually think that every vehicle that drives off a base is searched for weapons?

• Like 1

It seems the military are implicated in practically all violence against the pro governments supporters. Questions need to be asked as to how military personnel can drive off base with weapons.

Actually, it's very easy to do so. You must have never driven on or off a military base. Do you actually think that every vehicle that drives off a base is searched for weapons?

Who needs to take weapons from the armory? There are fire arms, legal and illegal, already overflowing the country outside the army bases.

• Like 1

I wonder who raised the bail money. They are fairly substantial sums for relatively junior army officers.

Barracks whip round with the hat ? whistling.gif

Do you honestly believe he would still be alive if four Thai army suspects really had attacked him? Do you honestly believe that army trained men waste many bullets only to slightly injure a 'target'?whistling.gif Agenda perhaps? Or even worse naivety.

Who needs to take weapons from the armory? There are fire arms, legal and illegal, already overflowing the country outside the army bases.

Which is true. Why would you commit such a crime with a military weapon. An assisination attempt at that. Some people are just so anxious to hang some innocent people just to validate their belief. More red shirt propaganda.