Tourist visa conversion to O visa for marriage

I understand the conversion cannot be done in Chiang Mai and I need to travel to Bangkok to do it. The question is does my wife need to visit Bangkok with me to do the conversion? I know when i extend the O visa later in Chiang Mai we both need to attend, have the map, photos etc.

I am hoping I will fly down on lionair , take a taxi to major Hollywood, submit the conversion and fly back in the evening same day. One person is cheaper than two. Any help appreciated.

The requirements are the same as for getting the extension. Your wife will need to go with you.

Also you will more than likely (now about 90% chance) you will have to make two trips to Bangkok because they will give you a 15 day under consideration stamp to return for the visa stamp.

My suggestion is to look at the costs of two trips to Bangkok verses one trip to Vientiane (for one person) for a non-o visa. Check Nok Air for flights from CM to Vientiane that is a fly/ride service via Udon.

The requirements are the same as for getting the extension. Your wife will need to go with you.

Also you will more than likely (now about 90% chance) you will have to make two trips to Bangkok because they will give you a 15 day under consideration stamp to return for the visa stamp.

My suggestion is to look at the costs of two trips to Bangkok verses one trip to Vientiane (for one person) for a non-o visa. Check Nok Air for flights from CM to Vientiane that is a fly/ride service via Udon.

Does BKK give you a 15 Day under consideration ?

Normally it is 30 days on top of your current expire date.

Does BKK give you a 15 Day under consideration ?

Normally it is 30 days on top of your current expire date.

The 15 days mentioned is for doing a conversion to a non immigrant visa.

For an extension it will be 30 days.