CSD takes down Thai gang blamed for kidnap, robbery, sexual assault spree

webfact

CSD takes down Thai gang blamed for kidnap, robbery, sexual assault spree
By Coconuts Bangkok

saimai.png

BANGKOK: -- In a culture where there is something of a preoccupation with violence against women - just watch any lakorn - it was the worst sort of nighmare.

Pretending to be police, a group of men who broke into Bangkok-area homes to kidnap and rape their victims have themselves been arrested, according to the Crimes Suppression Division.

Police have arrested three suspects, Chote Chimpaen, 38 of Sai Mai district; Theerapop Chavanapanya, 42 of Samut Prakan province; and Samai Khotphet, 35 of Nong Khai province Bangkok; they say broke into a Sai Mai district home on Dec. 26 to abduct the couple living there. They took them to a hotel and made ransom demands of their family. While waiting for the money, they raped the woman. [read more...]

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/20/csd-takes-down-gang-blamed-bangkok-kidnap-robbery-rape-spree

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-02-20

The thai education and the way that families treat their sons have a lot to answer for. Women are just as important as men and should be treated equally but try telling that to thais, for some reason they think that their sons should simply get or do whatever they want and that women do not matter. Until these paternalistic views are removed this sort of sh*t will continue to happen.

Where as I do share your view to a point, this kind of thing does do on in Europe and America too. Men do seem to get an easy ride here from parents, with little more expected of them than chasing women and getting drunk in many cases. Not sure how much that has to do with this kind of crime though, as mentioned it goes on in other countries without the same upbringing.

• Like 1

I have a friend in the states who's wife had to fund her own education. Her brother was sent to Harvard and totally covered by his father. The father is a MD who believes that a womans place is in the home and did not spend one red cent on his daughters education. This woman put herself through school and got 2 Phd's and a MD and is now a practicing Doctor.

Father came unanounced to her graduation form medical school, but made no effort to talk to her.

Personally, I hope he rots in hell.

• Like 2

I have a friend in the states who's wife had to fund her own education. Her brother was sent to Harvard and totally covered by his father. The father is a MD who believes that a womans place is in the home and did not spend one red cent on his daughters education. This woman put herself through school and got 2 Phd's and a MD and is now a practicing Doctor.

Father came unanounced to her graduation form medical school, but made no effort to talk to her.

Personally, I hope he rots in hell.

What's all that got to do with kidnap, robbery and rape in Thailand?

• Like 1

The thai education and the way that families treat their sons have a lot to answer for. Women are just as important as men and should be treated equally but try telling that to thais, for some reason they think that their sons should simply get or do whatever they want and that women do not matter. Until these paternalistic views are removed this sort of sh*t will continue to happen.[/quote

You anti-Thai idiot.. happens in almost every country in the world

It appears that some of the posters on this thread are fairly new to the LOS...Thai men are famous for their lack of any attitude towards women and having their credo of "all pride and no shame"!

Most Thai men of my aquaintance would have a smile and make a comment like "and the problem is...?" when reading about this gang! IMHO bah.gif

The thai education and the way that families treat their sons have a lot to answer for. Women are just as important as men and should be treated equally but try telling that to thais, for some reason they think that their sons should simply get or do whatever they want and that women do not matter. Until these paternalistic views are removed this sort of sh*t will continue to happen.

Be careful about throwing stones lest your own glass houses shatter. Here's a story in the Australian press indicating that the rate of sexual assault there is much higher than the world average: http://www.news.com.au/national/australias-sexual-assault-shame-one-in-six-women-a-victim-putting-australia-way-above-world-average/story-fncynjr2-1226825094300 The US, UK, Canada, etc, don't fair much better in the stats. Thailand does, however. Now sure there will always be reporting issues, but these are big differences. Maybe we shouldn't be so sure that things are so much worse here on this count ... these admittedly imperfect stats tell a different story.

Be careful about throwing stones lest your own glass houses shatter. Here's a story in the Australian press indicating that the rate of sexual assault there is much higher than the world average: http://www.news.com.au/national/australias-sexual-assault-shame-one-in-six-women-a-victim-putting-australia-way-above-world-average/story-fncynjr2-1226825094300 The US, UK, Canada, etc, don't fair much better in the stats. Thailand does, however. Now sure there will always be reporting issues, but these are big differences. Maybe we shouldn't be so sure that things are so much worse here on this count ... these admittedly imperfect stats tell a different story.

Oz is reputedly the most multicultural society, and this is one of the benefits it brings. Immigrants, and their children brought up with their values, who come from a culture or religion where women are given low regard, feature highly, out of all proportion to their population percentage, in those statistics.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2002/09/rape-s06.html

Oz is reputedly the most multicultural society, and this is one of the benefits it brings. Immigrants, and their children brought up with their values, who come from a culture or religion where women are given low regard, feature highly, out of all proportion to their population percentage, in those statistics.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2002/09/rape-s06.html

Let me get this straight... you quote a single case concerning rapists who were second generation immigrants to argue that possibly elevated levels of rape in Oz are to be blamed on the immigrant communities? One case does not constitute evidence. Even the link you provided made the point that immigrants are being unfairly blamed and demonised by elements in the wider public and media as well as the NSW premier.

The other thing is that my link showed the NZ is up there with OZ, and countries such as Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, don't do so well either. I'm not sure we can explain this away by saying that "it's the immigrants and the values they bring with them". [That said, I am aware that such statistics need to be taken with a large grain of salt -- my only point is that we shouldn't be so confident that our home countries are safer for women than Thailand]