Kawasaki hooks up a blower.

BSJ

Eyeballed this in Fast Bikes Mag. Would be interesting if it's a Z series bike.

post-63954-0-88270800-1392876625_thumb.j

"Kawasaki unveiled a new supercharged engine concept at the Tokyo show towards the end of last year, and we’ve heard more rumours of the motor creeping onto the production lines. Initial thoughts involved a new ZZR1400 but fresh murmurings suggest the supercharger will boost the power of a lower capacity model in the Kawasaki range. Whatever, we can’t wait to sample it."

• Like 1

Is the new Fast Bikes mag out already - I'll have to get out to the shop today.

Anyone remember the concept bike that was the Suzuki B-King, that had a Supercharger also, in reality it never happened.

I doubt this will either, but its nice to know that the big K are offering us things that make our mouths water.

Maybe they are thinking along the same lines as Ford with the ecoboost small powerful 1 litre engines?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd be happy to buy a Kawasaki with a blower.....not so with Ford.

will they be keeping the most important characteristics of an atmospheric engine: The linear power delivery?

My bike has a normally aspirated engine and the power delivery is anything but linear. Can't think of anything more dull than linear delivery. OK towing a caravan maybe, but not riding a bike for fun. Where is the yeeha, big grin factor?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

will they be keeping the most important characteristics of an atmospheric engine: The linear power delivery?

My bike has a normally aspirated engine and the power delivery is anything but linear. Can't think of anything more dull than linear delivery. OK towing a caravan maybe, but not riding a bike for fun. Where is the yeeha, big grin factor?

My bike has extremely linear horsepower and (especially) torque delivery, and it's anything but dull. Non-linear delivery can make a bike feel fast if there's a big hit up top, but I'd rather have power throughout the range than have to approach redline before things really get going.

My bike has extremely linear horsepower and (especially) torque delivery, and it's anything but dull. Non-linear delivery can make a bike feel fast if there's a big hit up top, but I'd rather have power throughout the range than have to approach redline before things really get going.

I saw a black ZZR1400 the other week in Jomtien on the 2nd Rd, that turned and went up to Sukhumvit then into Chayapruek 2. Probably going to the bike show. Man, that engine sounded so good. The rider didn't rip into it hard, but the exhaust gave a strong gutsy note. They sound good.