Luang Poo Buddha-issara rejected check in at SC Park Hotel

webfact

I've had several Thais tell me that this fake monk will probably be reborn as a dog or other animal due to the damage he has done to Thai Buddhism and Thailand.

Its only a matter of time before karma catches up to him.

I've got it told to me that arguably, he is the best monk Thailand has had for a long time, the most intellectual... the most prolific-writer, philosopher... and so on and so on..."

Of course to curse him because he's against a totally corrupt government so loved by others seems to be against the very teachings of the Buddha.

utter madness

you do understand he breaks the Rules? NO politics? it is not a monks concern and well you know it - ON EITHER side

I would be as against a monk on the reds side (yes there were some in 2010) as much as the elites as now

monks + politics (and airplanes or whatever secular) = fake

Utter BS. Do you understand he's "accused" of breaking rules. Do you understand he's in a democratic anti-government protest? Do you understand that that has nothing to do with politics? It's just standing up against an undemocratic, corrupt government which tried to push their own blanket amnesty through. That's why the protests started.

Monks + democratic protest = real concern

BTW what about those monks leading protests in Myanmar a few years ago?

you obviously have not understood - I'm not going into the obvious (we had free and fair elections very recently) this is about a monk staying in a hotel

not about monks protesting (there were some on the red side in 2010)

it's about a monk trying to check into a HOTEL you believe this is ok? I do not always agree with you but have always taken you as intelligent and reasonable dear rubl but this stretches my opinion

monks + hotels = breaking the Buddhas teachings on what it IS to be a monk - when will he do Alms? in the hotel lobby?

• Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He got rumbled, dont see the point of trying the check in game clearly not a great idea to have possible problems for other guests im sure half at least dont have a clue who owns it... its just not right I wonder if any are tourists there ?

This i suppose is the new idea since the Civil court says they can go into any building they wish ... would have been just as easy to stand outside and chant to disrupt things so why try to check in if not to play mischief ?

Of course had they paid up at check in as would be required they would have been donating to the Shin fund anyway... facepalm.gif

Because it shows a clear double standard pulled on the poor rice farmers

by their erstwhile patron Thaksin and his sister form boss of SC Assets parent of all the SC hotels.

Pretty smart PR move actually.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Reservations were for the farmers. not for the Monk. He can stay at the local Temple if it's not too beneath him.

utter madness

you do understand he breaks the Rules? NO politics? it is not a monks concern and well you know it - ON EITHER side

I would be as against a monk on the reds side (yes there were some in 2010) as much as the elites as now

Utter BS. Do you understand he's "accused" of breaking rules. Do you understand he's in a democratic anti-government protest? Do you understand that that has nothing to do with politics? It's just standing up against an undemocratic, corrupt government which tried to push their own blanket amnesty through. That's why the protests started.

you obviously have not understood - I'm not going into the obvious (we had free and fair elections very recently) this is about a monk staying in a hotel

it's about a monk trying to check into a HOTEL you believe this is ok? I do not always agree with you but have always taken you as intelligent and reasonable dear rubl but this stretches my opinion

monks + hotels = breaking the Buddhas teachings on what it IS to be a monk - when will he do Alms? in the hotel lobby?

You obviously don't know what you write or just make things up along the way.

Here we have a monk whose protest is positioned by some as political protest rather than democratic protest. Following you're not going into whatever you think is obvious (Myanmar elections?), but change to a monk staying in a hotel. Well, according to the topic info at least this monk isn't, neither is it clear that any of the rooms was meant for him. Not that that would matter at all. With having planned to hold a seminar there it would even make sense.

So because I question why the actions of this monk are described as political you suggest I may be less intelligent and reasonable than you thought? You don't agree with me and therefor I'm less intelligent?

monks + protests to improve peoples lives = to be condemned by some.

Probably all of us should read some of Buddha's teachings.

Give over Rubi hes no true monk and its just a PR sham thats all. Pure politics and you know it.... hes part of a movement that wants a peoples council etc and demanding various electoral political change how is that not political ? facepalm.gif do i care about Myanmars idea of a monk btw nope its not relevant to me how they interpret the teachings, i do know how a monk is supposed to act here or not and he isnt.

Stand by him if you like a guy in a brown robe claiming to be a bonafide and correctly, acceptably acting monk but fercrissake dont try and tell me its not political.

• Like 2

t>

I've had several Thais tell me that this fake monk will probably be reborn as a dog or other animal due to the damage he has done to Thai Buddhism and Thailand.

Oooh. I think Rayban Monk has already championed that one.

Are you talking about the monk that had sex with an underage girl and had a private jet ?

OK he probably takes the cake but this yellow shirt "monk" protest leader comes a close second in terms of rottenness.

There was a monk that also got caught having sex with a dog a few years back. I do hope it wasn't the dog in your avatar?

Why does this hotel name ring a bell?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could that be because in 2010 there was a fat red shirt leader hanging of a balcony ?

it is indeed the same place where the criminal Arisman was doing his Spiderman impression.

• Like 1

Did not bother to read the whole Thread.

But Seriously!

If I book 10 Hotel Rooms and turn up with 200 people??

Monk or commoner I deserve to be kicked out by Management.

Patrick

My personal opinion is that they wanted to take over the hotel and hold tourists hostage, hostage as in fear. Suthep is getting desparate so take over hotels with international tourists and try and force international governments to take his side for the release of the tourists.

• Like 1

But Seriously!

Patrick

My personal opinion is that they wanted to take over the hotel and hold tourists hostage, hostage as in fear. Suthep is getting desparate so take over hotels with international tourists and try and force international governments to take his side for the release of the tourists.

Thankfully your personal opinion is not likely to be believed by most. SC is not a hotel for "international tourists", it's a mid range business hotel in the middle of nowhere. It's a well know meeting spot for Red Shirt Leaders and The Shinafia.

Suthep isn't desperate, in boxing terms he's "showboating" before the bell finally rings in the end of PTP.

• Like 2

Bad move. Some business person at the Shin Motel just elevated what should have been a non-event into a PR nightmare with accompanying protest. They haven't got a clue. They're worse at PR than they are at rice scams.

And allowing 200 protesters freedom to wander the hallways, meeting rooms, and to settle in for the night 5 or 10 to a room would be a smart move?

Keeping them out might have its risks, but trying to control them and the damage they cause and the other guests they send running for the exits once they got into the hotel would really be a nightmare.

Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness of either side in the bigger picture, but just from the hotel's management's perspective this was probably the less bad of two unattractive options open to them.

Edited by Suradit69

But Seriously!

Patrick

Thankfully your personal opinion is not likely to be believed by most. SC is not a hotel for "international tourists", it's a mid range business hotel in the middle of nowhere. It's a well know meeting spot for Red Shirt Leaders and The Shinafia.

Suthep isn't desperate, in boxing terms he's "showboating" before the bell finally rings in the end of PTP.

not a boxing fan, hate violence. What is showboating? Does that mean he keeps trying to get up? I don't know just asking

Edited by chooka

Please do not slap your dog.

Are the red dots on the tongue of your dog contagious?

Anyway.

A hotel which does not comply with its bookings, I think that is wrong.
Poor service.
Are the farmers not good enough as a hotel guest?

Please do not slap your dog.

Are the red dots on the tongue of your dog contagious?

Anyway.

A hotel which does not comply with its bookings, I think that is wrong.
Poor service.
Are the farmers not good enough as a hotel guest?

They were welcomed there a few years ago, when they were supporting The Dear Leader and his band of thugs. How times have changed.

I've got it told to me that arguably, he is the best monk Thailand has had for a long time, the most intellectual... the most prolific-writer, philosopher... and so on and so on..."

Of course to curse him because he's against a totally corrupt government so loved by others seems to be against the very teachings of the Buddha.

We would all love to know these sources stating such. Would you care to enlighten us all on TV? I think not as there maybe no one of any credibility, though please do correct me, as he is being in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood, strange that and by his own peers. Don't post if you haven't got some semblance of fact....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A fact you want ?

He established and runs a hospice for critically ill cancer patients at his Wat.

I know this for a fact as the Mrs, a nurse, is talking about wanting to go there and help,

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Why any tourist would want to go and stay in an average hotel in Ram Intra, god only knows?

I don't know but they must stay there as the hotel is operating and they still have a duty of care for their guests.

Does Thailand have duty of care legislation? Or are you basing your comments on the Westminster system again ??

So we've gone from what was meant to be a mega rally yesterday ( flop) to a handful of protesters outside an office block, to some patetic attempt to smear a reputable company and now all they have is the phony monk in the lobby of a minor hotel no one ever heard of? PR disaster and show just how thin they are for strategies

Brutal but accurate.

But the behind the scene forces will soon prevail and the fools on TV will laud the downfall of the TS family.

It will happen, the "powers that be" cannot accept a democratic principle, there is too much to lose.

Wait for the aftermath of a main event, when the real power plays start.

Meanwhile, about 20 million voters will become increasingly unhappy about their voting rights and opinions being ignored and disrespected.

The fuse is probably already lit.

How sad for Thailand.

• Like 1

So we've gone from what was meant to be a mega rally yesterday ( flop) to a handful of protesters outside an office block, to some patetic attempt to smear a reputable company and now all they have is the phony monk in the lobby of a minor hotel no one ever heard of? PR disaster and show just how thin they are for strategies

Brutal but accurate.

But the behind the scene forces will soon prevail and the fools on TV will laud the downfall of the TS family.

It will happen, the "powers that be" cannot accept a democratic principle, there is too much to lose.

Wait for the aftermath of a main event, when the real power plays start.

Meanwhile, about 20 million voters will become increasingly unhappy about their voting rights and opinions being ignored and disrespected.

The fuse is probably already lit.

How sad for Thailand.

Revolution is the opiate of the intellectuals. Fact is: the next government, which will probably be Suthep leaning government, will pay the farmers their money--or at least most of it. The 20 million will then settle back down, watch Thai soap operas and soccer games, drink a little whiskey on the weekends and do a little gambling when they can. And they'll be happy and satisfied like most people everywhere. Nobody is going to get themselves killed for the Shins, except a handful of nutters who are so far into the Shins that they fear going down with them.

• Like 1

utter madness

Here we have a monk whose protest is positioned by some as political protest rather than democratic protest. Following you're not going into whatever you think is obvious (Myanmar elections?), but change to a monk staying in a hotel. Well, according to the topic info at least this monk isn't, neither is it clear that any of the rooms was meant for him. Not that that would matter at all. With having planned to hold a seminar there it would even make sense.

So because I question why the actions of this monk are described as political you suggest I may be less intelligent and reasonable than you thought? You don't agree with me and therefor I'm less intelligent?

neither is it clear that any of the rooms was meant for him

please rubl you are courting ridicule - I don't agree with you but your posts, generally, have been 'readable' but don't start to say the sham monk 'could' have been checking a booking for someone else - it's embarrassing and laughable

neither is it clear that any of the rooms was meant for him

please rubl you are courting ridicule - I don't agree with you but your posts, generally, have been 'readable' but don't start to say the sham monk 'could' have been checking a booking for someone else - it's embarrassing and laughable

If you would bother to read the OP instead of laying your priorities with creating an argument.

One of the abbot’s guards said they have booked about 10 rooms at the hotel on the Internet for farmers to stay overnight and held a seminar.

The abbot also showed booking documents they printed on the Internet to show to the guards but were still not allowed to enter.

The abbot said after the check-in he would also book seminar room to hold seminar for farmers who were expected to arrive and join today

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

Fair point...and why not use a bit of hi-so clout if you're a wealthy Thai politician.

That's the name of the game here.

Shin owned or not, I too wouldn't allow 200+ people into the 10 rooms! 1 room would equate to 20 occupants?

Does that even make sense?

I pity the cleaning ladies... If they were ever allowed into the hotel.

Why would they even show such proof is beyond me.

somtam palah