need recommendation Vientiane hotel good in room internet

HooHaa

I don't know if you're going to find truly "quick" internet anywhere, but the hotel I always stay at is Lao Inter City on the Mekong riverfront; very pleasant, clean, convenient, decent internet (and that close to the river, I can usually rely on a solid Thai AIS data/phone signal). I've been staying there (twice a year) for years. Skip the awful included breakfast, though...there are plenty of tasty and inexpensive options elsewhere, both Lao and Western.

A room on the side away from the river (where I always stay) can usually be found for about $30-35 USD on Agoda; rooms facing the river are about $55.

• Like 1

I stayed at Salana which is a luxury boutique hotel not far from the river and believe the price was around $100 a night. If you compare this to Intercity you will be afraid of bed bugs at IC. Although IC is acceptable if you do not want to splurge. You can tripadvisor Salana and see what is said about it. Then do the same for IC and see what is said it is day and night. If you want a cheaper place then there are tons of better options than IC. I know because I used to stay there when they were the only ones with wifi in the area. Now that has changed.

Do not book online if you want the best prices.

Edited by anotheruser

I stayed at Salana which is a luxury boutique hotel not far from the river and believe the price was around $100 a night. If you compare this to Intercity you will be afraid of bed bugs at IC. Although IC is acceptable if you do not want to splurge. You can tripadvisor Salana and see what is said about it. Then do the same for IC and see what is said it is day and night. If you want a cheaper place then there are tons of better options than IC. I know because I used to stay there when they were the only ones with wifi in the area. Now that has changed.

Do not book online if you want the best prices.

Well, of course one would expect a much better room at Salana as opposed to Inter City for three times the price!! But please don't be an ass and spread unfounded rumors about things like bedbugs...there are no bedbugs at IC, I can assure you. (and I also assure you I'm not affiliated with IC in any way, just a satisfied customer!)

Any seasoned traveler/internet user knows one has to take with many grains of salt the user reviews on sites like Trip Advisor...for any given hotel you can find a glowing review stating cleanliness and professional service followed by one that sounds like they stayed in the slums of Calcutta. And for you to propagate such drivel is quite irresponsible. If you have FIRST-HAND knowledge of bedbugs in IC, then fine, report it as such. I have stayed there 12-15 times and have never encountered such a thing, nor so much as a cockroach.

There are enough lies on the internet (and especially in forums like TV), please don't actively contribute to them.