Thailand Post to launch parcel services at 7-Eleven on Feb 24

webfact

Thailand Post to launch parcel services at 7-Eleven on Feb 24

PNECO570221001000901_21022014_033529.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 February 2014 (NNT) – Thailand Post Company Limted is ready to begin its 24-hour parcel shipping services at 24 branches of 7-Eleven on February 24 to provide customers with more convenience.

Thailand Post President Anusra Chittmittrapap disclosed that the company was joining hands with 7-Eleven in launching a new shipping service called Easy Pak, which would allow customers to send their packages via 7-Eleven counters. The service will be the same as that provided at any post office, except that it will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The shipping fee will be charged at three different rates, 109 baht, 139 baht and 199 baht, depending on the size of the package. The new service will begin at 24 branches of 7-Eleven on February 24 within Bangkok and its vicinities while another 25 branches are set to follow suit in March.

Moreover, with the increasing popularity of electronic communication devices in the world today, Thailand Post is upgrading its smartphone application and online system as well as its website in a bid to enhance its shipping services for people and businesses. Parcel services provided for the e-commerce sector are expected to post a 70% growth this year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-21 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

maybe they can find my parcel that was sent airmail from San Francisco on Jan 22, 14. arrived in Bangkok on Jan 24, 14.

IMO mail delivery in Thailand - by any means - is inconsistent, unreliable, and open for thievery. Is there no oversight/security?

• Like 1

Last time I posted a package , it would have been cheaper to send by the Concordcoffee1.gif

I regularly send stuff between here and the UK and I have to say that the Thai postal service is actually faster and cheaper.

(In fact I reckon that the Post Office is the only official service that's consistently efficient . . .)

A couple of months ago an item was sent to me from England that I had cause to return.

It took 11 days to get here and cost £23.70 - roughly at that time about 1,150 baht.

It cost 890 baht to send it back and it arrived on the 7th day after I posted it.

Excellent service.

R

• Like 2

I smell something beginning with fi and ending with shy.

QUOTE: "The shipping fee will be charged at three different rates, 109 baht, 139 baht and 199 baht."

Which therefore means that all the mail is domestic - there are no parcels being sent abroad at these prices.

Which, incidentally, seem to be double or more of the usual cost at the post office.

And it is aimed at businesses . . .

And here we have the true logic coming into play . . .

"Hey Somchai, I got a wicked new scheme that everyone's gonna love!"

"Duh - woss dat den boss?"

"We set it up so that local businesses can send parcels day or night from any 7-11!"

"Err, but wont de business-things all close and go home at night?"

"No matter, no matter - think of the competitive flexibility it will give them! We all need to get smart, you know - ASEA is coming soon. Plus we can charge them more for using this special 24-hour service!"

"Durm - but if dey know it's free-times more 'spensive why dey gonna do dat instead of go to the post office in the day like wot dey always dus?"

"Because idiot, it's special! It's new! They can send secret documents at night before their competitors in the morning! They'll love it!"

"But boss, their 'petitors can send stuff at night too. Anyway it wont go out on the van till next morning anyway - you know that."

"Shut up fool! I know it and you know it - but they don't know it. They'll never work that one out, and in the meantime we'll be rich, rich! We'll show those ASEA people that this country is something to be reckoned with!"

Nuff said.

R

Edited by robsamui

maybe they can find my parcel that was sent airmail from San Francisco on Jan 22, 14. arrived in Bangkok on Jan 24, 14.

IMO mail delivery in Thailand - by any means - is inconsistent, unreliable, and open for thievery. Is there no oversight/security?

I don't believe there is much or any oversight/security.

I went to the post office yesterday to complain about the front desk receptionist in my apartment building opening up my mail and the mail of others, because she is a nosy person. They suggested I have my mail forwarded to my place of employment and notify people not to send anything to my home address.