Short Term Leases?

Hi - I am planning to be in BKK fOR 4-5 months later this year and wanted to rent an apt. I was looking thru the Mr Room Finder site and saw a number of places that seemed to fit my needs - pool, price range (around 40,000 baht per month) and internet availability - but most of them didn't mention if there was a minimum stay and the ones that did were for 12 months. Are there places willing to rent for shorter terms or is 12 months the general rule? And are there other sites like Room Finder that I can check out? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi - I am planning to be in BKK fOR 4-5 months later this year and wanted to rent an apt. I was looking thru the Mr Room Finder site and saw a number of places that seemed to fit my needs - pool, price range (around 40,000 baht per month) and internet availability - but most of them didn't mention if there was a minimum stay and the ones that did were for 12 months. Are there places willing to rent for shorter terms or is 12 months the general rule? And are there other sites like Room Finder that I can check out? Thanks.

Hi, My response is a bit late but I 've just seen your post. Although I am sure that you have researched the matter exhaustively I want to add my bit.

Why for example you do not consider a serviced apartment?The duration of stay may vary from one day onwards or minimum one month etc. If the apartment must not be very large then for 40000 you can find very decent accomodation. Bangkok Gardens offer 100 sqm for about 40000 and may accept a six month lease. Try also click4apartment.com among many others

Hope I've helped

cheers

mario