Bits

I did a search here for BitS, but found nothing. Has anyone here had any experience working for them? Their website looks ok and they claim a decent hourly wage (600 baht). Any feeback is appreciated. Thanks, Mbk

I think I get confused with this lot and bfits??? Or am I going mad??? I know one of the Mods on the other teaching site works for one of them.

TEFL Watch might be worth checking out though??? PM me if you want linking (although I think can post that one here?).

Thanks Ken. It's called BitS. I was confused at first as well with Bfits. I thought the Schoolwatch was dead, but I'll give it a try nonetheless.

I tried all sorts of variations for 'thaischoolwatch', .com, .org, .net, .th, and didn't come up with anything. I'll take that link if you've still got it. Thanks, Mbk

Edited by mbkudu

They are different branches of the same company.

BITS is the corporate teaching arm and BFITS is the "school" arm.

I worked for BITS for a short while, its got its good and bad points. The pay is not bad but the downside is that you can get "removed" from a course. They send someone along to the course about 3 or 4 lessons in and ask the students if they like you and if they dont you effectively get fired.

At least thats what happened 4 years ago.

They are different branches of the same company.

BITS is the corporate teaching arm and BFITS is the "school" arm.

I worked for BITS for a short while, its got its good and bad points. The pay is not bad but the downside is that you can get "removed" from a course. They send someone along to the course about 3 or 4 lessons in and ask the students if they like you and if they dont you effectively get fired.

At least thats what happened 4 years ago.

Thanks Bluffer for the additional info.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an ajarn guy, not a thaivisa guy, so I just lost my post not being able to figure out the ###### interface. Oh well. In summary, BiTS is a very good company to work for if you are looking for corporate work. Godammit. Sorry, I can't be bothered to post all those details again. :o

actually i ve worked for BITS for quite a while and I personally had no problem at all.

the pay is decent and they re reasonable chilled out people who don t luck common sense.

I would say they have a pretty good reputation out there.

So go for it. It s much better than many other places