3bb plummeted today

ericpasansai

don't know. here is the results of my speed test just now:

ผลลัพธ์:
ความเร็วดาวน์โหลด: 2388 kbps ( อัตราการรับข้อมูล: 298.5 KB/sec )
ความเร็วอัพโหลด: 621 kbps ( อัตราการส่งข้อมูล: 77.6 KB/sec )
ค่าความหน่วง (Latency): 65 ms
22 February 2014 17:14:30
what a joke!
had the senior technicians over yesterday and they told me that sanook.com and kapook.com work fine (they do) so the problem is my router/modem. went to the D-Link service place yesterday...waited 3 hours! for them to test it and repair it while i waited. at the end of the day they told me there is nothing wrong with the modem/router, that it works perfectly.
sanook and kapook work perfectly but i can't connect to yahoo, citibank, americanexpress, etc., can't use youtube, skype and thaivisa.com....well i can take a walk around the moobaan waiting for a page to load!
i'm so sick of this b.s.

don't know. here is the results of my speed test just now:

ผลลัพธ์:

ความเร็วดาวน์โหลด: 2388 kbps ( อัตราการรับข้อมูล: 298.5 KB/sec )

ความเร็วอัพโหลด: 621 kbps ( อัตราการส่งข้อมูล: 77.6 KB/sec )

ค่าความหน่วง (Latency): 65 ms

22 February 2014 17:14:30

what a joke!
had the senior technicians over yesterday and they told me that sanook.com and kapook.com work fine (they do) so the problem is my router/modem. went to the D-Link service place yesterday...waited 3 hours! for them to test it and repair it while i waited. at the end of the day they told me there is nothing wrong with the modem/router, that it works perfectly.
sanook and kapook work perfectly but i can't connect to yahoo, citibank, americanexpress, etc., can't use youtube, skype and thaivisa.com....well i can take a walk around the moobaan waiting for a page to load!
i'm so sick of this b.s.

well sanook et al are Thai servers whereas yahoo et al are international - so their international bandwidth has flopped again.

I'm getting around 7.6M to Palo Alto but a ping of 28ms seems unusually fast - and internet seems"sticky"

I lost connectivity friday. The call center tech did some routines and told me to bring my D-Link router in to 3BB for testing.

30 minutes after the call ended it was back to normal.

The router story is to get rid of you ASAP.

Next time you phone, it's another call operators problem.

• Like 1

I've been having loads of problems with 3bb in Chiang Mai as well. Incredibly slow a lot of the time and other times normal. I find it helps if I unplug the modem for about 10 seconds and plug it back in. Used to be fine, just recently very slow. Had some technicians over but of course it worked fine while they were here. Good service though, I called them and the guys were around within the hour. It's frustrating though, I wonder if my modem needs replacing?

I've been having loads of problems with 3bb in Chiang Mai as well. Incredibly slow a lot of the time and other times normal.

Same here. And I know it's not my router/modem/line because I've been monitoring line quality all day.

I've just called 3BB support and asked for a technician to call back. Surprisingly he called back almost immediately and told me that they are having some international access server issues, and can't tell me when the service will be running as normal again - refreshing honesty.

I find it helps if I unplug the modem for about 10 seconds and plug it back in.

This may help when the ADSL connection at the IP end is a poor one, and a new one is assigned when reconnecting. But not likely to help with the current 3BB problems.

BTW, I'm using nothing but the latest state-of-the-art solid-state equipment:

320px-Analogue_modem_-_acoustic_coupler.

Edited by Jose
  • Like 1

I've been having loads of problems with 3bb in Chiang Mai as well. Incredibly slow a lot of the time and other times normal. I find it helps if I unplug the modem for about 10 seconds and plug it back in. Used to be fine, just recently very slow. Had some technicians over but of course it worked fine while they were here. Good service though, I called them and the guys were around within the hour. It's frustrating though, I wonder if my modem needs replacing?

i doubt there is anything wrong with your modem. i'm actually a little disappointed in 3BB technicians for lying and wasting my time telling me my 3 month old modem/router is bad. I wasted 4 hours of driving time and waiting at the D-Link repair place to find this "problem". they told me i was given false information by 3BB. they said the router/modem was/is functioning 100%.

• Like 1

When phoning the 3BB support line I politely request a support engineer rather than an operator. Might have to wait for someone to phone back (in English). I find that these engineers are refreshingly honest where is a major system problem. Often they can improve my speed by remote control from their central consul. I truely believe 3BB (and TOT for sure) throttle bandwidth as there is never enough capacity in the system. Say nothing and they assume you don't care, complain (nicely) and they notch the speed up.

• Like 1

I lost connectivity friday. The call center tech did some routines and told me to bring my D-Link router in to 3BB for testing.

30 minutes after the call ended it was back to normal.

I've lost my 3BB connection twice today (in Pattaya). Was off for less than a minute or two and reconnected on its own. Once in the morning around 10:00 and once around 21:30.

A few times during the afternoon I got a message that the Thai Visa or eBay server couldn't be found.

Otherwise, the service has been near to normal for a weekend when things tend to slow down a bit here at the best of times (at least for my connection).

Aside from that my service has been pretty good recently.

Edited by Suradit69

This may help when the ADSL connection at the IP end is a poor one, and a new one is assigned when reconnecting. But not likely to help with the current 3BB problems.

BTW, I'm using nothing but the latest state-of-the-art solid-state equipment:

320px-Analogue_modem_-_acoustic_coupler.

Wow! Where can I get that high tech gadgetry. And is it compatible with my ENIAC?

Sent from my refurbished ENIAC using the ARPANET

Add me to the list of people experiencing absolutely the worst Internet connection I have experienced in 7 years. Can't connect to dozens of websites (all International) at all. Absolutely no help at all from customer service who says everything checks out "just fine" on their end.

Just now:

3325844741.png

• Like 1