BBB Internet Problems Today?

lexilis

I live on Suthep Rd and had no connection this morning at 06.00.

I phoned 3BB on 1530 and their automatic system called me back at 08.20.

A lady from Bangkok.

She checked and said I had a connection problem and she would have to contact CM office.

They called about 11.30 and I was on line by 12.00.

Still a poor connection now, very slow.

john

Weird..my video streaming is good, but often takes a long time to connect to especially this forum and my hotmail acc..[at times just won't even connect]..other frequent used sites come up quick as should do..been like this for a few months now [onBBB .590 baht deal]

Varies day to day and also time of day...sad.png

Poor ADSL connectivity (which in this case seems localised) usually points to line noise problem. These problems (due to faulty wire connections, interference from electrical lines, broken up old copper wire, etc) tend to be intermittent, so a linesman may not pick it up just by just listening for line noise through a phone.

The best way I've found to monitor line noise is with RouterStats, a neat app that records line stats via your own modem.

This is what a healthy line looks like:

37VRage.png

qKPFbPh.png

Sorry to jump in, I'm in Mukdahan, the connection problems may be more widespread, two days ago, the connection was slower than normal, to many sights, especially international, since yesterday, 8/02/2014, some sites won't even connect and if they do, are so low to the point of being unusable. Grrrr, again it seems like they take our money, but provide poor service. It might take a "mass" cancellation," on poor service grounds, to jolt them into action.

Sunday, 08.50 phone rings and 3BB engineer asks about my connection.

Poor, Bad I reply.

I come your house and check.

My mistake I forgot to ask When.

11.55 just taking lunch at Sausage King, phone rings, 3 BB engineer, You in home now?

No having lunch but will be in at 02.00.

Oh Huh.

Monday morning 06.00 still very bad connection extremely slow try ringing 1530 not sure I got through.

john

True looking good.

After calling 3BB on 1530 this morning at 06.00 I was unsure if my call had been accepted.

At 08.10 I was leaving to carry out some admin and A lady called from 3 BB in Bangkok.

Very nice and polite and I explained still a bad connection and she said she would contact CM Office.

My connection was still bad when I returned at 10.30, I was unable to contact Meals on Wheels.

I have just logged on at 12.00 and all seems well back to an acceptable standard.

john

The office in my Condo say their True connection is poor. The Internet cafe in my condo uses TT&T and they report a good connection, information for the future.