Wat a drama.

harrry

Yesterday our Wat was a hive of activity.. a large group of people arrived for a retreat.

This morning they left...kicked out as the abbot did not take kindly to some of their activities like sitting in coffins. He did not allow them to come to the wat for non budhist activities like that, he had thought it was a budhist retreat.

Personally I am glad to see the circus gone and it is good to see some wats do take their practices seriously.

• Like 2

the group wee which nationality do you estimate?

Lying in Coffins is a Thai ritual, designed to bring good luck and good fortune to the participant if done correctly.

Well it is something that is done in some wats and did become popular with many here after a Ghost movie regarding this was made.

There are a few links with Shamin and I believe Taoist ideas.

It does not have a lot to do with Budhism even allowing for some of the varients here.

But then monks flying in Corporate jets has little to do with it too. I guess it is thai though,

The was considers itself a place to practice Budhist beliefs. Many do, I am pleased by rather large local wat does too.

• Like 1

These places are a law unto themselves.

My wife was upset yesterday as the old abbot had been on the loudspeaker system for a while basically scrounging and speaking ill of people around the village.

He likes to get up early and inject some 4-5am fire and brimstone into people's lives some days too.

You would almost think he had been 'hitting it'.....

the group wee which nationality do you estimate?

Lying in Coffins is a Thai ritual, designed to bring good luck and good fortune to the participant if done correctly.

Surely, if you're lying in a coffin as a participant. Your luck had already run out cheesy.gif

• Like 1