Favorite And Fantastic Rss Feeds

GoodHeart

Whilst surfing the Net the other day I came across a fantastic RSS feed. It was so good! I immediately thought to share it with this community. [stay tuned, for I'll soon do just that :D ] But then, it occured to me that we've maybe never had a thread on RSS Feeds, so, rather than share this one gem, I've decided to share my top three favorite RSS Feeds in three areas of interest.

But first: What is an RSS Feed? Well, in essence it's a website that's been especially configured to push its content to your browser like feed reader. So that the Net comes to you [push] versus your former browsing [pull] the Web. More extensive information can be found on these sites: XML.com Wikipedia and SearchEngineWatch

Now for the Websites originating the feeds: Start by browsing to these sites and discover the feeds emanating from them.

Technology related:

http://diggdot.us/ The one that inspired this thread...

Engadget

Cult of Mac

Feeds in the Thai Language:

Vinegar Girl

Sanpaworn Staunchly pro Thaksin [go figure!]

Manager Online

Linux and Open Source

Linux Screenshots

How to forge

The Open Source Directory

So, now it's your turn.... What fantastic feeds would you like to share? :D:o

Hmmm... 2 days, 46 views and no replies? What does that mean?

Does that means there are few fans of RSS amongst the Thaivisa.com forum crowd?

Does it mean I'm premature with RSS as a tip to the Web savvy?

Hmmm... I wonder?

Well, most of all, I just hope someone found some value in the sources.

here are a few of my favorite........gridskipper, a travel rss..........eurekalert from physorg.com and the rss from digg.com. plus, if you use opera browser, it has a built in feedreader.

Hmmm... 2 days, 46 views and no replies? What does that mean?

Does that means there are few fans of RSS amongst the Thaivisa.com forum crowd?

Does it mean I'm premature with RSS as a tip to the Web savvy?

My company just launched a new website with RSS up the ying yang, and the IE penetration in that country is something like 98%. So far our users are basically ignoring it, since IE has no RSS support whatsoever. It's a shame that so many people insist on using the crappiest, ass backward browser on the planet. I am not a huge RSS fan myself, but I put RSS feeds on my toolbar in Firefox and it's quite handy. Can't imagine NOT having RSS these days.

here are a few of my favorite........gridskipper, a travel rss..........eurekalert from physorg.com and the rss from digg.com. plus, if you use opera browser, it has a built in feedreader.

Joka- Thanks for the reply! And thanks for the Gridskipper tip- great visuals there. Say, if you like Digg then look closer at my first link: it is Digg, Slashdot and Deli.ico.us- but with the commentary removed. Very clever!

I am not a huge RSS fan myself, but I put RSS feeds on my toolbar in Firefox and it's quite handy. Can't imagine NOT having RSS these days.

Indeed. RSS allows you to not only cover more territory, but brings it right to your desktop. The concept and the technology hooked me fast. As a Mac user, I perfer not to use the RSS built into Safari & Firefox, and use a Mac app. called NewsFire instead.

Thanks for posting, George :o

Edited by GoodHeart