Number of customers leaving AIS doubled Friday: NBTC

webfact

These actions hit the share price of many Thaksin owned companies, not a bad thing

This attitude could have an effect on the entire investment outlook of the country. Misplaced, illegal accusation towards companies which cause damage to their stock value is ridiculous behaviour.

AIS is not owned by the shinawatras. How dumb are u people.

It's the symbol that counts. Also, before you make comments about being "dumb" better learn to read.

Mr. Somprasong Boonyachai is the Acting President of Shin Corp and is the Vice-Chairmen of the Board of Directors, AIS.

http://investor.ais.co.th/FileUpload/Editor/DocumentUpload/WebContent/Annual%20Report/2011/052_SummaryProfile_en.pdf

OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT.

And, what?,,it does not belong to the shinawatras anymore, so the only people you are hurting are the current owners of AIS, who are the singapore government and private investors.

Thaksin will probably short it and make a bundle. Yes, this bloke is on the board, and so what???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the other companies Suthep is targeting:

Air Asia, Nestlé, Maggi, Intercontinental Hotels, Oishi.

All owned by Thaksin, Riiiiight ....

Looks like Suthep will soon have billion dollar lawsuits filed against him.

oh yeah air asia sucks and intercontinental where mixx disco is located right next to central world.

Does doesn't mean their owned by Thaksin, though ...right?

How would you feel if your company was targeted by Suthep just because he thought your company was owned by Thaksin, when in reality it has nothing to do with him? This guy is ruining not only the Thai economy but now also big multi-national companies. Anywhere else in the world he would be locked up for life for his ridiculous actions.

They will all sue his ass into extinction. Its a truly pathetic tactic and people on here going on about symbolism. My god.

Did he own a merc once. Better boycott them too....

Last night I received an SMS message [automated] from AIS in Thai language stating that the company has nothing to do with Thai politics. And that the Shins sold all their shares in the company back in 2543.

Lucky you... I had 12 yesterday !! SMS message [automated] from AIS in Thai language stating that the company has nothing to do with Thai politics......

Talking to a Thai friend , they also received 12 yesterday.

I was annoyed after just the one. Twelve would have done my head in. facepalm.gif

Last night I received an SMS message [automated] from AIS in Thai language stating that the company has nothing to do with Thai politics. And that the Shins sold all their shares in the company back in 2543.

Lucky you... I had 12 yesterday !! SMS message [automated] from AIS in Thai language stating that the company has nothing to do with Thai politics......

I have received this notification, once and in English. If you do not wish to receive promotions or whatever in Thai or English just tell AIS and they will stop. I have been an AIS customer for 10 years and have never had any problems and I do not receive any unwanted texts.

I have been a user of AIS for around the same amount of time. I just had to get the notifications turned off as it was overwhelming. Now I never get any. Accept for this message yesterday. I guess they hit the override button to get this one across.

Look at the other companies Suthep is targeting:

Air Asia, Nestlé, Maggi, Intercontinental Hotels, Oishi.

All owned by Thaksin, Riiiiight ....

Looks like Suthep will soon have billion dollar lawsuits filed against him.

oh yeah air asia sucks and intercontinental where mixx disco is located right next to central world.

Does doesn't mean their owned by Thaksin, though ...right?

How would you feel if your company was targeted by Suthep just because he thought your company was owned by Thaksin, when in reality it has nothing to do with him? This guy is ruining not only the Thai economy but now also big multi-national companies. Anywhere else in the world he would be locked up for life for his ridiculous actions.

They will all sue his ass into extinction. Its a truly pathetic tactic and people on here going on about symbolism. My god.

Did he own a merc once. Better boycott them too....

Dont get too upset unless you hold shares of the company.

The highly profitable company is controlled by the Intouch plc (formerly Shin Corporation), headed by Temasek Holdings, a Singapore government owned agency. AIS is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 5 November 1991 (1991-11-05).[7] As of 23 December 2011, InTouch plc holds 40.45% of the total shares of the company and Singapore Telecommunications (also majority held by Temasek together) together with Thai Trust Fund and OCBC Nominees (Overseas-Chinese Bank Nominees Singapore) holds a 23.32% stake

How is this going to effect Thaksin, he is probably laughing his arse off but the Singapore government may not be as amused. Nice way to upset your ASEAN partners Suthep you fool.

Sheep without a shepherd chooka.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1000s cant even top up so lose their accounts daily ,as if it would make a difference

When I top up and do not want to lose credit--example if abroad for a time. Dtac 1678 and then when answered press 4. Operator English speaking.

tell them you want to extend your credit, they deduct I think it's 29 baht, and you are given 1 year without worry of losing any credit.

Another low cost with D tac is international call example UK. dial 004 44 then your home number omitting the 0 on your abroad number. this charge is about 8 baht a minute. All texts same call approx. 11 baht. per text message.

Maybe most persons know about these charges.----if you wish to choose Dtac I find are very good.

1000s cant even top up so lose their accounts daily ,as if it would make a difference

When I top up and do not want to lose credit--example if abroad for a time. Dtac 1678 and then when answered press 4. Operator English speaking.

tell them you want to extend your credit, they deduct I think it's 29 baht, and you are given 1 year without worry of losing any credit.

Another low cost with D tac is international call example UK. dial 004 44 then your home number omitting the 0 on your abroad number. this charge is about 8 baht a minute. All texts same call approx. 11 baht. per text message.

Maybe most persons know about these charges.----if you wish to choose Dtac I find are very good.

Just to be informative to all TV members, 12call offers same tariffs as Dtac.

For example to call UK

009 and 00500

5 Thb/min to call fixed number

7 Thb/min to call mobile number

To call US

009 and 00500

3 Thb/min any number

Sim card Sawasdee

Topup any value and get 365 days validity sim added. Perfect for who needs to stay out of Thailand for long periods and doesn't need to change number.

Clearly is a choice that depends on which use you do about sim card. For many people Dtac/happy is more suitable and for my personal experience both operators NOW are almost equivalent about the service given.

I tried in the past True move, with awful results, especially on the internet connection.

=End of informative post - LOL=

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

Just to be informative to all TV members, 12call offers same tariffs as Dtac.

For example to call UK

009 and 00500

5 Thb/min to call fixed number

7 Thb/min to call mobile number

To call US

009 and 00500

3 Thb/min any number

Sim card Sawasdee

Topup any value and get 365 days validity sim added. Perfect for who needs to stay out of Thailand for long periods and doesn't need to change number.

Clearly is a choice that depends on which use you do about sim card. For many people Dtac/happy is more suitable and for my personal experience both operators NOW are almost equivalent about the service given.

I tried in the past True move, with awful results, especially on the internet connection.

=End of informative post - LOL=

Thanks mate, I did the Dtac as I use so It was the info I knew. When you think about it nearly all average out the same or they would be out of business otherwise.

People have to choose which suits their needs best, as areas differ a lot.

I hate true because for Thailand they tend to be as expensive as the UK. But I have True on line with a package with true vision + some extra program for 899 baht a month per month.

On topic as for changing from AIS because of, that is up to the individual. ginjag.

• Like 1

Actually,l I think we should consider boycotting DTAC, is their service really that good ??

Trying to get what you mean. Depends on your area. and your choice who you boycott. I don't boycott AIS as I was not with them, not for years.

Actually,l I think we should consider boycotting DTAC, is their service really that good ??

Trying to get what you mean. Depends on your area. and your choice who you boycott. I don't boycott AIS as I was not with them, not for years.

What I'm trying to say is, is that all foreigners and Thais who support the Thaksin government should boycott DTAC. And yes, all foreigners and Thais who support Abhisit and the Democrats should go ahead and boycott AIS. Every man has his freedom. We shall see how many people can be bothered to actually change.

From my personal experience AIS's 3G network is not as good as True's outside of Bangkok.

AIS has been rather sluggish in expanding its network outside of Bangkok as its been taking for granted its large customer base and weaker competition (DTAC & True) due to concessions it has received in the past.

Why it received these concessions we all know but for me this is a good wake up call for AIS's complacency no matter who owns it.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

From my personal experience AIS's 3G network is not as good as True's outside of Bangkok.

AIS has been rather sluggish in expanding its network outside of Bangkok as its been taking for granted its large customer base and weaker competition (DTAC & True) due to concessions it has received in the past.

Why it received these concessions we all know but for me this is a good wake up call for AIS's complacency no matter who owns it.

I think the Singaporeans will simply sell AIS if shit really hits the fan. It's unlikely they'll suddenly improve their service level. It's the same story with telecoms everywhere, slow moving sloths.

Guessing Taksin is laughing about this one ... He sold this company a decade ago...

All for boycotting Taksin businesses if that is what the protesters want to do so, but what is the point of boycotting businesses Taksin used to own 10 years ago?

Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott one of the companies he actually owns NOW, if wanting to hurt him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guessing Taksin is laughing about this one ... He sold this company a decade ago...

All for boycotting Taksin businesses if that is what the protesters want to do so, but what is the point of boycotting businesses Taksin used to own 10 years ago?

Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott one of the companies he actually owns NOW, if wanting to hurt him?

Yes, it sounds silly to boycott a company that Thaksin previously owned in order to hurt him.

But how about this ? If you are a foreign or Thai institution, would you buy a Thaksin company ? Okay, so you realise your future company will be boycotted by the Abhisit supporters even after Thaksin has sold his stake. This will make you not want to buy any Thaksin company, hence, Thaksin is unable to sell any present company that he's got. Yes, I realise what I'm saying might sound silly, but still, I think it's at least partly true.

By the way, I'm not against Thaksin !! :)

Yes, it sounds silly to boycott a company that Thaksin previously owned in order to hurt him.

But how about this ? If you are a foreign or Thai institution, would you buy a Thaksin company ? Okay, so you realise your future company will be boycotted by the Abhisit supporters even after Thaksin has sold his stake. This will make you not want to buy any Thaksin company, hence, Thaksin is unable to sell any present company that he's got. Yes, I realise what I'm saying might sound silly, but still, I think it's at least partly true.

By the way, I'm not against Thaksin !! :)

This cuts both ways. Thaksin has made his money.

He can get the entire red shirt population to pull all their cash from various banks, change their beer brand. I tell you what, thailand tatler will never be the same.

That's how they get 35 million users.....cheesy.gif

Why is it so difficult to see who the major shareholders of AIS are? Is the information not available to the public?

It's available on Google, but Suthep may think that Google is owned by Thaksin so it can't be trusted.

Or it could be that PDRC can't even get on Google because they canceled their AIS 3G contracts.

By the way, I'm not against Thaksin !! smile.png

He can get the entire red shirt population to pull all their cash from various banks, change their beer brand. I tell you what, thailand tatler will never be the same.

"Change their beer brand"... OMG! How could anyone be so cruel!

By the way, I'm not against Thaksin !! smile.png

"Change their beer brand"... OMG! How could anyone be so cruel!

I doubt the owners drink their own brands anyway, so why should the people. That ghastly little elitist whence deserves to wee her families company go to the dogs after her stupid intervention anyway.

Maybe she should be forced to drink singha for breakfast lunch and dinner as punishment.