Belgian arrested in Thailand for wife's murder

webfact

Belgian arrested in Thailand for wife's murder
By Digital Content

13932353647756.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 25 – Thai Immigration police arrested a 57-year old Belgian, Tcheo Joel Tcharada, a fugitive with valid arrest warrants issued by the Court of Verviers and Interpol accusing him of homicide.

Immigration commissioner Pol Lt-Gen, Panu Kerdlarpphol told the media Monday that Mr Tcharada allegedly murdered his wife, Ms Paschale Daelen on Jan 14 in Belgium and dumped her body in a lake. He reportedly fled to France with his wife’s belongings including an iPhone, ATM and credit cards. He entered Thailand on Jan 24.

Pol Lt-Gen Panu said Interpol had earlier contacted the Thai Immigration Bureau to help track the accused known to have hidden in Chon Buri province following the CCTV camera footage showed he was withdrawing money from ATM machine in Pattaya.

He was arrested in Mukdahan province on Feb 21, when he was about to cross the border to the Lao PDR.

The accused has, however, refused to speak to the police about the charges. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-25

He's a "Belgian"? Then why does he look - dare I say it? - Thai? Something doesn't add up here, Dr. Watson.

Maybe he's naturalized or the wife was Belghis.

Note to the Immigration police: If you're also looking for that other infamous person also wanted on a murder warrent and hiding out in Chonburi, you might try the VIP wing of Chonburi Provincial Hospital.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 2

He's a "Belgian"? Then why does he look - dare I say it? - Thai? Something doesn't add up here, Dr. Watson.

Well the aborigines get rare in Europe.....tell me the most common name given to babies in Germany, Austria, UK (most probably also France):

"Mohammed"

In France and Austria the extreme right wing seem to win the EU parliament elections...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, you shouldn't say it.

Another irrelevant and stupid remark about a person with a certain nationality not looking like an ignorant poster's view of what everyone of that nationality should look like, then compounding the stupidity of the remark by getting a sly dig in at Thais

I thought it was quite obvious from the post. He's Thai, married to a Belgium woman, thus naturalized. His name is Tcheo Joel Tcharada - which seems like a legitimate Thai name and surname while his wife's name is Paschale Daelen - which seems like a legitimate Belgium name.

Or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong?

• Like 2

Well the aborigines get rare in Europe.....tell me the most common name given to babies in Germany, Austria, UK (most probably also France):

"Mohammed"

In France and Austria the extreme right wing seem to win the EU parliament elections...

What you say is utterly wrong, sir. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

According to a Belgium newspaper, he was the boyfriend of the murdered Belgian woman. The article is in French language.

Source: http://www.lameuse.be/944373/article/regions/verviers/actualite/2014-02-24/pascale-daelen-une-vervietoise-de-53-ans-signalee-comme-disparue-tuee-par-s

Quote: "L’ami de Pascale Daelen, une Verviétoise de 53 ans qui avait disparu depuis le 15 janvier, a été arrêté ce lundi en Thaïlande, comme l’annonce MCOT, un média thaïlandais."

Translation:" The friend of Pascale Daelen,a 53 year old woman from Vervier that disappeared after January 15th, has been arrested this Monday in Thailand, according to the announcement from MCOT, a Thai media."

Edited by FredNL

Hello,

I am from Belgium, and I can tell you:

We don't all look like that! And we have no names like that!

There is a law in Belgium !!!!!!!!!!!.............................!!!!!!!!!!!. and we must respect it, like it or not !

But still: I am very happy to be a Belgium and I love Thailand.

Have a nice life.

napoleon3

He is probably a Thai with a Belgian passport. However, if there is even the slightest chance to blame it on a farrang they will go for it. Better than loosing face.

• Like 1

Mankind has had the ability to travel and migrate for some time now, I'm sorry to hear that this development has passed you by, because it has led to some very interesting mixtures of heredity and culture.

Would you believe that there are black, white AND asian people that live in North America for example - amazingly it is not only Native Americans any more, and you can observe similar patterns in most countries around the world.

There are naturalised white people in Australia, and in Africa, and there are naturalised black people in the UK and many other places in Europe, naturalised asians as well! Crazy concept, but it is quite possible that this man of asian heredity may, in fact be Belgian.

I appreciate that the past few centuries may have passed you by, and that presently this revelation may be world-rocking for you, but you'll get used to it (well, you probably should..).

Is it possible that something passed you by also? If it is positive a person is always referred to as a Thai. If it is negative, thank god he holds a foreign passport.

Is it possible that something passed you by also? If it is positive a person is always referred to as a Thai. If it is negative, thank god he holds a foreign passport.

Very true, though in the event he happens to be a dual passport holder, that doesn't make him not 'Belgian'. My comment is aimed at the poster that expressed incredulity that this man could be Belgian, rather than the press choices made in terms of characterisation.

Yeah, what doesn't add up is your mental capacity! First off all, he doesn't look Thai whatsoever! He looks very much Japanese to me and his name supports that theory of mine! Secondly, there's numerous possibilities how he could've obtained a Belgium citizenship. Here's 3:

1. He was born in Belgium.

2. He married a Belgium national and was granted citizenship after he's been living in Belgium for the required minimum amount of years.

3. He migrated to Belgium to work there and then applied for citizenship once he was eligible for it.

Next time please use your brain before you post anywhere because then you won't make a total fool of yourself!

To all the nutjobs who seem to have converged to this thread, a simple Google search will bring you to his Facebook profile, which will in turn tell you that he studied at a Belgian high school close to Verviers.

And, yes, it is all rather ironic that some members seem puzzled by the fact that an Asian-looking guy was Belgian while they themselves live in Asia.

• Like 2

Maybe he's naturalized or the wife was Belghis.

Note to the Immigration police: If you're also looking for that other infamous person also wanted on a murder warrent and hiding out in Chonburi, you might try the VIP wing of Chonburi Provincial Hospital.

If you know that there's a guy who's on the run who'd killed somebody, if there's such a warrant, why don't you report him/her to the Tourist police/Immigration?

Or do you really think the Immigration will page you?-laugh.png

It amazes me to see home posters with their racist remarks on a forum where we all are actually foreigners in this country.

Yes but we don't call ourselves THAI do we?

Rather obtuse. Not sure what point this aims to make at all.

I don't call myself Thai, because I don't have Thai citizenship. I am therefore not Thai.

Some people with western backgrounds do have Thai citizenship. They are Thai, legally Thai.

Ergo, if this individual has Belgian citizenship, he is Belgian. It's really a very, very simple concept.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

How about seeing if they can bring back Son of Red Bull while they have the extradition round file open? He seems to have fallen off the radar. I imagine his flu case that so urgently required him to go to Singapore has run it's course by now.......

• Like 1

No, you shouldn't say it.

Another irrelevant and stupid remark about a person with a certain nationality not looking like an ignorant poster's view of what everyone of that nationality should look like, then compounding the stupidity of the remark by getting a sly dig in at Thais

Then anything else than a citizen of the world would be irrelevant I presume...whistling.gif

• Like 1