Spraying of empty field

JesseFrank

I'd go with the herbicide theory. Atrazine is a common pretill used in the midwest of the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrazine

So, after you've read the link that you provided, you think that they would show up with a tanker, and spray atrazine with a water cannon for a distance of 40 meters? I can't see it. The guys in my area are pretty careful when spraying, if only for their own health. I'm not saying that it's not possible. This is Thailand.

If the OP lives full time where they apply herbicides like this in this manner, he should be concerned. I farm sugarcane, we spay atrazine on occasion, and we live amongst cane fields. I am concerned about exposure to the chemical. Wifey is now pregnant and will go to our other home to stay before they start spraying in our home area.

Although it is still legal to use in the States and Australia, and quite common, it requires an applicators licence and it has been banned in Europe for quite some time now.

Legal does not equal safe and I would not trust the EPA or the manufacturer of the chemical when they tell me something is safe. "Atrazine is safe" is clearly debatable, if you do much reading on it.

If someone spayed atrazine near my house in this manner without informing me of their intention to do so first, I'd ram their truck with my tractor....not the tanker end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I figure it would be molasses. But the OP said that they filled up at the river. You don't get molasses at the river. We just put a couple of truckloads down on one of our fields. The stuff is not colorless, nor odorless but it is commonly used before ploughing or after cutting your cane crop down before it starts to grow again.

Would that be molasses with EM? , it is very popular in our area to they have spreader plates on the back of the truck ,they just open a valve and the stuff flows out ,the spreader plates do the rest ,never seen a water cannon doing it.

Also they have applied molasses on some of our non tar mac roads ,to help keep the dust down ,but when I drive though it all the dust etc. sticks to my bike like the preverbal to a shovel.

Molasses is sprayed on to combat nemetodes . Not suggesting that it is in this case here tho

What are nematodes?

It's ok. Just googled it. Google's great.

Edited by Canada
  • Like 1