Using Kasikorn online banking whilst in the Uk .

Going to the UK for a couple of months and might need to use my online account to tranfer funds and pay some bills ,It works well here using my Dtac mobile number to get the code to finish a transaction ,Will my Dtac number work in the Uk to able to use my Kasikorn account ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have used with no problem, but as stated get roaming enabled on your sim. I bought a cheap phone to keep the Thai sim on whilst using the uk sim in the main phone. Swap back over when returning to Thailand or get a dual sim phone.

One possible problem is if you're in the UK for more than a month without somehow topping up your Thai SIM it will be turned off & you will be expected to buy another SIM card when you return to Thailand regardless of how much credit you put on before you leave.

I spose if you have a monthly contract paid here in Thailand by direct debit you could avoid that, but certainly with pay as you go I think that you would have a problem after a month...

One possible problem is if you're in the UK for more than a month without somehow topping up your Thai SIM it will be turned off & you will be expected to buy another SIM card when you return to Thailand regardless of how much credit you put on before you leave.

I spose if you have a monthly contract paid here in Thailand by direct debit you could avoid that, but certainly with pay as you go I think that you would have a problem after a month...

Depends on the PAYG package. Some don't require a monthly top up. You can also top up on the KBank website.

• 8 months later...

If you have a problem with the phone, I was told by Kasikorn Bank (but have not tried yet so I cannot verify it is problem free) that if you call them each time you need to use your card when you would normally get the OTP sent to your phone, they will send you an email with it.

If you have a problem with the phone, I was told by Kasikorn Bank (but have not tried yet so I cannot verify it is problem free) that if you call them each time you need to use your card when you would normally get the OTP sent to your phone, they will send you an email with it.

I did that last time I was in Europe and I wanted to deposit some extra money from my bank account to a credit card account.

I had hoped to do the transaction on the phone but I had to do it via Internet banking and the system sent me the OTP via email.

Worked OK but I was at a loss to understand why I couldn't just carry out the transaction over the phone as they'd already asked me a million and one security questions.