Anti-graft body to conclude case against PM Yingluck within months

Lite Beer

The NACC members do not know the meaning of Honesty!

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Why has the NACC only charged her with "negligence".

Plain and simple they found "NO" corruption!

Cheers

Ah the red apologist again, they have been investigating the rice scam for more then a year. Just read up on it. Just turn your red tv off for a while.

And you know.. hard to understand but to build a case against an not guilty person is a bit harder as building one against one that is guilty even though it might be hard to find the evidence as the whole rice scam is kept secret all the time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you negligently lose 700 billion baht?

FAT HAGGIS wrote:

Same way you can lose 50,000 baht on a night on the piss!! tongue.png by not paying attention!! wink.png

Mate, as serious as that sounds, the Americans lost BILLIONS of dollars in Iraq in the same manner, all down to corruption and greed from various parties, and negligence and no accountability or responsibility to this on the American side was ever determined either.

2 years ago I was with a team tasked to find something like 10,000 greenhouses that were bought and paid for by the DoD, I think we located less than 100, and not a single person who seem to know where the rest went, or who signed for them.

Multi million dollar projects that were complete with staff rotas and KPI's and Business goals were "found to be not found" with no such projects existing physically, just a huge space of <deleted> all in the desert!!

That sounds like you're one of the person to apply for a job at the Comptroller General or NACC or such...

And it shows the US of A are no anti-corruption angels either.

Google KBR and Hliburton in Iraq around 2005-6, they ripped off the USG for Billions, over priced fuel, over priced meals, billing the US Military for meals that were never even prepared, you'd be astonished at the levels of corruption involved.

Then you had the brown envelopes being handed by contractors to the contracting office to curry favours, and to actually BUY contracts worth Billions.. The rice scheme is nothing compared to the levels of corruption between contractors, the US CPA at the time, and laterly the Iraqi Governement during the years there was an American presence in Iraq.

You are 100% correct that the U.S. are masters of corruption and on an unimaginable scale. This is not the U.S. forum though. The reason Thailand corruption is so compelling a subject for me is their sheer and transparent incompetence. They are the Keystone Kops of corruption. It would be hilarious if I hadn't formed a bond with the people of Thailand whom I care about deeply. Who, in their right mind, would believe a government could buy 100% of the rice crop for 40% above market price, keep it off the market in the vain hope of driving the prices up and, when that doesn't happen, insist the program was working as planned and would continue it indefinitely. Countries that are advanced in corrupt practices would never be so obvious and that's why I am amazed that some posters continue to defend this incompetent government's policies and behavior. Let's not distract from the Thailand subject by interjecting the U.S. into the conversation, okay?

I hear you, however I was merely highlighting the fact that corruption on such a high scale isn't a Thai monopoly and that even Superpowers are not averse to being corrupt ;)

Especially seeing as some Farangs seem to think "only in Thailand" ;)

• Like 1

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Cheers

Deny everything, Blame anybody, Say its unfair and all biased. thumbsup.gif

Maybe they didn't find anything to charge Abhisit with. Ever thought of that? No of course not. PTP good and honest, everyone else bad. violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

Maybe because 1 is the head of our country and controls the lives of millions

the other is just a common person holding protests that effects thousands

Cheers

I always find your postings good for a laugh

what did Abhisit turn up to last year ?

One someone turn u to court extra charges can be placed an the person

So its not over till the fat lady sings

but is seems you live in a world of you own

It is the duty of the NACC to undertake its work without fear or favour. By rushing through this case with obscene haste , even for an allegation of negligence rather than corruption, it shows itself up as being anything but neutral. It has allowed other cases to drag on for years. How anyone could be unaware of it's very evident bias is surprising.

It's the duty for the NACC to prioritize which case it should investigate first. Which case hurts the country the most must be investigated first. The rice scam has cost taxpayers hundred of billions AND will continue costing taxpayers until they scrap it. Of course the NACC investigates it first. Red sympathizers have been crying about the NACC taking so long to investigate Abhisit. Well pray tell, what's his alleged crime again and how much is it costing the country at the moment?

Are the NACC members selected by process underpinned by any democratic institution?

They are chosen by the senate, which is why PTP were so keen on pushing the bill which would have allowed immediate family members of MPs to become senators.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So what pillar of Democracy underpins the determination of the senate members?
Half are elected directly from the provinces and half are selected from various parts of Thai society by committee.

Google Thai senate selection if you're really interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Trembly

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

Good, innit it.

When you compare what Suthep has done - awaken people to the corruption committed by this bunch of crooks and compare it to what Yingluck has done - given her friends the blessing to plunder the farmers money, don't you think that their priorities are in order??

I dowai2.gif.

Part of the reason someone bullies is to get a reaction from the person being bullied... This gives them confidence and self esteem.

If there is no reaction then the bully is more likely to leave the person alone. If they react they are more likely to be bullied again and again and again.

Perhaps it is time we just ignore some of the posters on here. If they fail to have any engagement or reaction then they may very well leave us alone.

How many times can you flog a dead horse??

This would not stop the majority from discussing and debating the current political issues in a ration and logical way.

Edit: spelling and added text.

Edited by almafudd
  • Like 1

Why is Abhisit so quiet? Is he too busy with his own defence?

when your side is winning

sit in the side lines

then the red shirt can not blame you

make good sense to me

Winning? How an they be winning when they refused to participate in the elections, which in my opinion was his mistake, if he's winning, then let him stand in the next election and with all the claims of dwindling PTP support, let the electorate speak for themselves, stop blockading polling stations and preventing any sort of vote, and IF the current opposition wins, they can hold their reforms and attempt to rid the country of corruption. Pik up the gauntlet of elections and beat the Government is elections fair and square and nobody has any cause for complaints.

Please spare me the "buying vote issue" this was going on in areas all over Thailand well before Thaksin came into power, so it should be a moot issue ;)

You win=Happy days and reform the country

You Lose= protest and keep protesting till you maybe one day win???

Think there is a small difference, a person who is running a country should be free from all such accusations to remain in office. Where as the likes of the common man so to speak ..............

Part of the reason someone bullies is to get a reaction from the person being bullied... This gives them confidence and self esteem.

If there is no reaction then the bully is more likely to leave the person alone. If they react they are more likely to be bullied again and again and again.

Perhaps it is time we just ignore some of the posters on here. If they fail to have any engagement or reaction then they may very well leave us alone.

This would not stop the majority from discussing and debating the current political issues in a ration and logical way.

Who is being bullied and why and by whom and how and where and by what means???

Edit structure and remove one of the question marks

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Cheers

I wonder if you could give me details of just what it is that the NACC are investigating Abhisit for.

Not having a go at you, I really don't know.

I note that your fellow PT supporter says it is 4 years not 3.

I await your answer with interest.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

Cheers

I wonder if you could give me details of just what it is that the NACC are investigating Abhisit for.

Not having a go at you, I really don't know.

I'll let you in to a secret, kikoman doesn't know either - unless its his own personal secret (as he may well claim after he cannot answer you)!!!

the bullying information was the rational for the proposed behavior.

the bullying information was the rational for the proposed behavior.

What information?

OK, I'll keep it basic - who are you implying is being bullied? and being dished out by whom?

With respect to some, I can't help getting the feeling some of the posters on TVF either cannot read, are selective about what they read, or, could not give a dam_n and troll on to their heart's content whatever evidence is placed in front of them.

Free speech is one thing, inane repetition of rhetorical BS is really, really boring. You may think you are furthering your case by saying the same thing over and over but fact is, you are showing yourselves up to be something else completely.

These forums have in the past been useful and sometimes enlightening: IMHO many posters are now abusing the facility to promote political beliefs some of which I fear have no real support from the expatriate or local community. I even find it hard to believe that they believe what they are posting!

I'd hate to be a mod on this forum at this point in time and good luck to those guys that are!

So what is your point?