Crazy Motorcyclists

Alex2353

I originally thought this whole post was strange because of the reported injuries to the face, OP did not say how fast the mc was traveling (nor answered many other questions) but unless he was really going fast, it's hard for me to imagine her getting her face hit.

A motorcycle that travels at an average speed of 15 - 20 km could easily coz and internal or external injuries upon direct impact to another person.

I had been hit by a motorcycle before in which i suffered a deep cut to the forehead, massive right blackeye, internal bleeding in my right ear, a crack on my right cheek bone (which is permanent)and a few other minor bruises on the face and body, also had to spend 2 nights in the hospital as the doctors need to be sure my ear won't continue to bleed. And all of this coz I got hit by a motorcycle that travels at an average speed of 15 - 20 km (according to witness). I guess getting thrown on the tarmac after the impact made it worst.

Explorer :o

Taking the bike keys out of the ignition and into your pocket - sounds clever.

Several unsympathetic posts have already been removed, and further ones will, as well.

Good luck.

I originally thought this whole post was strange because of the reported injuries to the face, OP did not say how fast the mc was traveling (nor answered many other questions) but unless he was really going fast, it's hard for me to imagine her getting her face hit.

But that's o.k. what I found now really strange is that posts have been removed because they are "unsympathetic". Are we all mandated to feel sorry for this guy.??

5) Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

... I am sure not all Thai people are cowards ...

Kuhn Alexander[

Alexander, please try to not let this eat you up inside. Accidents happen, and some people run away when they are to blame. You'll probably never see him again and it won't make your life here any happier here searching every face in the crowd trying to find him. If he is Buddhist, then "Waen Gam".

Try to forget him and move on. Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

Even if they stayed you wouldn't get 10 baht from them.They may want you to pay them.Let them run,your better off. :o:D:D

Of course insurance cover property damage. If he has the legal insurance and drives into your car (and of course paid the insurance, has a drivers license, wasn't drunk and all the other usual exceptions) then it covers up to, i think 100,000 baht property damage, 1,000,000 personal damage. This is for cars, bikes are somewhat less as they're assumed to not cause as much damage. But there is coverage. Check with your insurance agent if you don't believe me.

Most don't have insurance :o:D:D

Of course insurance cover property damage. If he has the legal insurance and drives into your car (and of course paid the insurance, has a drivers license, wasn't drunk and all the other usual exceptions) then it covers up to, i think 100,000 baht property damage, 1,000,000 personal damage. This is for cars, bikes are somewhat less as they're assumed to not cause as much damage. But there is coverage. Check with your insurance agent if you don't believe me.

It's changing. These days you can not get your tax sticker without paid insurance.

... I am sure not all Thai people are cowards ...

Kuhn Alexander[

Alexander, please try to not let this eat you up inside. Accidents happen, and some people run away when they are to blame. You'll probably never see him again and it won't make your life here any happier here searching every face in the crowd trying to find him. If he is Buddhist, then "Waen Gam".

Try to forget him and move on. Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

Even if they stayed you wouldn't get 10 baht from them.They may want you to pay them.Let them run,your better off. :o:D:D

Sound advice...

Taking the bike keys out of the ignition and into your pocket - sounds clever.

Several unsympathetic posts have already been removed, and further ones will, as well.

Good luck.

But that's o.k. what I found now really strange is that posts have been removed because they are "unsympathetic". Are we all mandated to feel sorry for this guy.??

For your information, my wife's face hit the ground after impact from the motorcycle, fortunately the motorcycle was not travelling at speed but fast enough to spin her around and knock her to the ground. Had it been travelling faster as your appear to summize, we might be discusing a whole different subject, such as funeral expenses.

I didn't commence this topic so that I might be put on trial or to gain sympathy as you suggest.

I hope that you are now better informed and the above has answered your question.

We have an old saying i my country, '' It's a long road that has no turning''. In other words, some day it could be you or someone close to you.

Best Wishes.

Alexander.

P.s. The reason I didn't get back regarding the location was because I felt precious few would even know of such a place. But for those interested, it is a vilage area called by a very common name, 'Chapreya', it is about 3 kms from my home on Ratchapruk Road, Nontaburi Province just on the border line of North Eastern Bangkok.

Condolences to you and the Mrs. and hope everyone makes a full recovery.

Thank you for your comments. Mrs. is making good progress and thankfully is out and about now with sun glasses to hide the bruises.

I am grateful that the situation was not worse as it quite well could have been.

Best regards.

It's changing. These days you can not get your tax sticker without paid insurance.

The mandatory "insurance" coverage evidenced by the Por Ror Bor sticker provides no-fault coverage for hospitalization expenses arising out of a motor vehicle accident. The limit is baht 50k for medical expenses and provides a death benefit of baht 100k. It does not provide any liability coverage for property damage nor would it respond to liability claims for bodily injury, loss of wages, etc under the Thai Civil and Commercial Code. It is not really liability insurance at all and it is all that is required at present. Most local vehicle owners, unless they borrow money from a bank to purchase a vehicle and are forced to get comprehensive cover, have only the mandatory minimum.

Alex, I hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

I have a UK friend in Klaeng (near Rayong) who had a Honda Dio. Due to it's engine capacity, registration & therefore insurance was not required. Nonetheless, he tried to insure the bike & was told by 3 or 4 insurance companies that it could not be done.

Some of the reasons given were strange;

1. The wheels aren't big enough.

2. It can't travel at high speed (I personally had riden it at 80 km/hour once).

3. It's not really a motorbike.

:o

To the original poster and those reading this wondering what you may or may not do under the circumstances. Alex you absolutely have my sympathy and Ive seen this and much worse since Ive been here including the sensless death of a child for no other reason than pure unadulterated ignorance. So here go's, If anyone here believes that in a traffic accident removing the key of the driver, trying to hold them, or even fighting them will get you anwhere the odds are 99 to 1 against you. You are much more likely to recieve the beating of your life or worse. You as a forigner will never be right nor dealt with fairly in any kind or form of confrontation even with the poorest of the Thais, If this person has any money or percieved power it is even worse in nature, once the first punch is thrown if its in public any people in the area are most likely to dogpile you without even asking what happened. Just check the history of this forum and the internet, I doubt if you can find one case of a forigner winning in a situation like that. Now if there is nobody around this is a totaly diffrent thing and I will leave that to your imagination.

For me I dont care at all about getting money out of Thais that are not polite or just dont offer, Its not worth it and I would recieve more satisfaction flipping burgers at McDs at minimum wage than argueing with some ingnorant toss pott about small change butt, when someone injures a member of my family and then does not care, only has concern for themselves, and goes as far as running off instead of helping get the injured person to the hospital they deserve a old fashoined horse whipping or worse but what they deserve and what usualy happens is a seperate matter. Dont expect any justice as the outcome, If you read the news around youll see there aint much to go around.

The best thing anyone can do thats reading this is be sure you have some good sound first aid skills. In the case of any accident involving you or your family do not trust anyone till you get to the Emergancy Room, Forget about Ambulences and First responders they for the most part have no training other than sitting around waiting on something terrible to happen and mopping up the mess after. You are on your own so dont worry about anything accept getting your loved one to a decent hospital.

Alex, Thank God your wife sounds like she will be OK, Take care of her and try and let this go as hard as it is to do. Getting others involved that are in it for money will only complicate things even more and leave you feeling just as bad, In the end the only thing that matters is your wife and you keeping a level head for her.

Dear Mai Krap,

Sound Advice, Thank you.

Mrs. is doing well thankfully, jusy some unsightly bruises remain.

In regard to foreignrs not winning !! Yes I would agree to a point.

Of course my wife is Thai and comes from a family with strong connections in the upper ranks of both Police and Military, so I can't see myself being a looser on that count.

I feel I have a little weight behind me, however I could be wrong and hope I do not need to rely on this support in the event of some distasteful occurence.

I do not like confrontations or violence, what decent man does? However, I am well able to use my Fists, Elbows, Feet, Knees and other usable parts of my body in order to protect myself in the event of an unsavoury encounter, even at 53 years old.

Hopefully I will never need to.

Best wishes to you and yours for a happy and healthy life.

Alex.