Birds

bushman1666

Sitting at the back of my home enjoying a coffee in the shade, I spot a small bird flying around and settling on the fence. But just the one. I live in the far NE of Thailand on the edge of town close to a big lake, surrounded by farmland and trees. Yet hardly a bird in the sky and none in the trees. Where did the all go?

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

Used to be a LOT more birds when farmers didn't use so many chemicals, their habitat's been exterminated.

Same with fish, frogs, snakes etc etc - talk to the older Thais in farming communities about what protein they used to eat for free all year long, now they have to raise cash to buy in the market.

• Like 1

here in bangkok, a bit outside a lot birds, even the idiots shoot at them and try to catch them.

Wife can tell which are expensive which are not.....but no one catch in the village so there they are safe

Also toads and frogs, we have loads of them. I have to catch them a few times a week because they come to my pond and make loud noise that i don't like. Yes i live in BKK, in a new moobaan.

Squarrels also, plenty of them and the best is they don't steal my fruits.