Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to other Thai leaders of decades past, she is a national hero. Standing her ground against anarchy and sedition.Willing to defend her programs and policies that were designed to help ordinary Thais economically. if she goes, it will be a sad day for Thailand. A popularly elected PM being run out of town by a rogue group evangelizing the placement of a "people's council" with 185 insiders designated as the committee.

Yingluck stood her ground , tried to peacefully negotiate with someone who refused to negotiate, and she will be remembered as a democratic hero.

nabbie, on 28 Feb 2014 - 05:40, said:

she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

This headline is not something that will generate the peace but increase the violence.

In contrary to that, I just hope YS means to say something like

she's willing to do her utmost challenge to resolve this ongoing crisis.

Then it will convince everyone that the peace will be generated instead of the violence. That is her job to increase the Thai integrity!

Not supporting either sides.

You can hardly blame Yingluck for the headline when The Nation (and some posters on this forum) wouldn't know what a metaphor was if it bit them on the a#se.

OK, OK! Keep your hat on!

Compared to other Thai leaders of decades past, she is a national hero. Standing her ground against anarchy and sedition.Willing to defend her programs and policies that were designed to help ordinary Thais economically. if she goes, it will be a sad day for Thailand. A popularly elected PM being run out of town by a rogue group evangelizing the placement of a "people's council" with 185 insiders designated as the committee.

Yingluck stood her ground , tried to peacefully negotiate with someone who refused to negotiate, and she will be remembered as a democratic hero.

I she dies she will be a hero to the reds.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You need to open the newspaper and read it, your hero has never been anything than a puppet controlled by her convicted criminal brother, her intention is not to help Thailand economically rather than her self and the Shinawatra family. whistling.gif

She will be remembered like her brother when she live in Dubai and spend all the billions she "earned" as a PM on shopping.

I don't understand beyond keeping an eye on the situation which is common sense, why so many expats with no voting rights what so ever get so worked up about this situation. Some proclaiming to sit on either camp, and defending them on either side,with leaders quotes and copy and paste rhetoric.

The Thais simply couldn't give a toss what westerners living here think, if anarchy was to explode on the scene due to unlikely wide spread unrest, do you think that waving a coloured shirt or blowing whistles whilst showing your support will help?

I live in Aisa with the following mind set and it so far served me well, "See no evil, Speak no evil, Talk no evil.This is particularly true as, a cheese eating farang with regards to politics.

It's sad what is happening in Thailand, but as a non Thai, its sadly not in my control and therefore non of my business.

Now that Suthep has announced that the "Shutdown" is over and all the stages and protest sites are going (on Monday) apart from Lumpini, maybe Yingluck will live after all!

Suthep has done what he has needed to do, he's one step ahed of the moronic PTP / Thai Rouge Regime. Yingluck is out of luck, out of idea, and soon to be out of here.

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman but I have the mind of one too."

This thread is certainly bringing out the misogynists.thumbsup.gif

Poor effort as always.

It's bringing out the apologists like you, who have decided that people critical of YL are misogynists argument.

No walkies for you.

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman but I have the mind of one too."

This thread is certainly bringing out the misogynists.thumbsup.gif

Poor effort as always.

It's bringing out the apologists like you, who have decided that people critical of YL are misogynists argument.

No walkies for you.

Nope. Not every post that is critical of Yingluck is misogynist; some are rationally argued and well made. But a large number are misogynistic and should be condemned by all.

• Like 1

You need to open the newspaper and read it, your hero has never been anything than a puppet controlled by her convicted criminal brother, her intention is not to help Thailand economically rather than her self and the Shinawatra family.

I don't disagree with you BUT............ what about all the non-convicted criminals in charge (actively or passively) ánd enriching themselves many years before TS. mind u i'm not a TS fan whatsoever but i know quite a bit about thailand and oh well, we'll see in ANOTHER 60 years or so.........

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

Well said, and that he hates farangs is beyond the fools.

• Like 1

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

No Moonao there are not a vocal group of people supporting this scumbag (suthep). There are a vocal number of posters who utterly and completely oppose YL and her 'blatantly obvious corrupt government which is dragging the country down to new lows. The two are mutually exclusive.

And by the same token there are also a blind and an almost obsessive compulsive group of posters on TVF who support such a dimwitted, brainless bimbo of a PM and the policies of her caddies minsters and government. I mean Chalerm - seriously?? You''ll get more sense from an alcoholic Glaswegian tramp on Burns night than that fool.

But in a mature democracy that doesn't mean we can't still be friends does it?

National hero? ask any Thai south of Chiang Mai or Khon Kean if they agrees to this.

Yingluck Stood her ground? Thought she just made a runner for the hills in Chiang Rai.

Tried to peacfully negotiate? ask the mothers of the kids killed during the last week if they agrees to that.

I doubt that her words are anything more the scripted rhetoric.

However, in the highly unlikely event that she was serious then the wording would surely need to be changed,....

"I will die in the democratic battlefield," she said."

....I think she means the "political battlefield"

What makes you think that?

Yes but some might well argue that most of the population does as well to varying degrees. Which certainly would give Suthep something in common with them? That is after all who is primary audience is?

Wouldn't you agree?

I do believe her statement will inflame the red mob even more and increase their boldness if that is possible.

I agree. It's inflammatory. Fanning the flames of civil war. Some leader!

yea some leader, some crisis - bringeth the HOUR bringeth the LEADER

hope she stays the course - Boudica comes to mind

gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

He speaks highly of you.

I do believe her statement will inflame the red mob even more and increase their boldness if that is possible.

I agree. It's inflammatory. Fanning the flames of civil war. Some leader!

yea some leader, some crisis - bringeth the HOUR bringeth the LEADER

hope she stays the course - Boudica comes to mind

gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Is Thaksin on SKYPE?

thai establishments hate farang ("culture") because there's less ass kissing, kneeling, waiing, subordinating, etc.

but then again, we used to have this shit too, ... 60 years ago.

but TS also doesn't like farang ;-)

Edited by stickylies

Standing her ground? By fleeing to the north?

Willing to defend? By refusing to debate?

Negotiate? "No I don't know how to debate"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app