Ford Ecosport Production

Amavel

Has anyone seen the new Ford Ecosport. I bought one 2 days after they started production in late Jan. and was told there would be a wait until the end of March. I was hoping to see some on the road by now. I was just up to Rayong where they make them and saw none. I am hoping for a pre Songkran delivery. I understand Ford had problems in the past with waits up to a year for some pickups.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was a press release and photo op of the first car thst rolled off the new production line about a month ago. We were one of the first to order too, and our dealer says end of March too, no change. It's very possible there will be delays.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After the first production runs there is a period of intense quality checks and reviews of all vehicles, prototype and production, to be sure they are up to standard, so the time lag January - march is about right.

The trucks do not have a long wait time due to any problems. the demand is just very high and enough cannot be made to satisfy demand. Production is ramping up but that takes time in such a capital intensive, complex manufacturing environment.

Hope you get yours soon and enjoy it!

Coincidentally, just got a call today from the dealer. Ours will arrive next week sometime. He said we were in the first lot of production. The 2nd production runs will be some months later.

BTW, If any mods read this, it should be moved to the motor forum.

Coincidentally, just got a call today from the dealer. Ours will arrive next week sometime. He said we were in the first lot of production. The 2nd production runs will be some months later.

what region are you in.

what region are you in.

This is Ford Eaksaha Group in Korat, but he explained that it was by queue number, so that those who ordered first under the 30,000 Baht discount motorshow program will get theirs first.

I've seen 5 Ford Ecosport last Thursday around 13:00 between Sattahip and Pattaya. They drove pretty fast with extreme short distance between. I was suprised to see that they splitted up in Pattaya, one stopped on Sukhumvit others drove straight on, one turned into Theparasit etc. These little Ecosports are quit fast!

In the area Rayong - Sattahip they testing the Ecosport since more then a year already, in the beginning they only drove at night (same style - 100kmh to 130 kmh and maybe 7-15m distance to each other) ususally 4-6 cars in a row.

Ecosport looks like a nice little runner, pitty most Ford dealers are overwhelmed with the requirements to service the cars in case of a problem. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...