Red shirts wear rebellion headbands to welcome Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the army will have to do its duty and defend Bkk if events take a course and then sadly it could be a guerrilla style war.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Republic means that you have a president as head of state.

The Lanna people are not republicans.

Get a better translation please.

Well now, said the self-loving man in Dubai, "If I can't have it all - I'll get these half-wits to make me the ruler of Lanna!"

My image of red shirts is morphing into a huge crowd of lemmings, being bravely directed towards a very high cliff.

Let's hope they packed their parachutes because there's no coming back from this one.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

This is the result. I hope he likes it.

It's his only achievement in 4 months.

Taksin divided the country since 2006 with his corrupt system, his kill of mass (so call drug war who killed 3000 people but of this number 1400 innocents-source HRW), order to violent crackdown in Krue Se mosque and Tak Bai massacre

Maybe the loony fringe on this site will now understand just exactly what it is they have been supporting in their frenzied, grovelling, fawning adulation of Suthep

Oh yeah, red shirts want to secede and form their own Northern republic while raising a 600,000 strong 'tactically trained' militia. And yet, we have mentally challenged reds having the cheek to call us the loony fringe. rolleyes.gif

Loved this post, it actually made me 'laugh out loud'. A great response to a typical RS rant.

As for PRbkk, I'd expect more from a senior citizen (with age comes wisdom?), unless you're after brownie points from the missus, in which case you have my sympathy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ Not one of the PTP top brass have (AFAIK) condemned the separatists. Chalerm might yet fulfill his promise. Albeit a tad late.

They were protesting and at the same time expressing their political stance peacefully.

Do you support seperation?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ Not one of the PTP top brass have (AFAIK) condemned the separatists. Chalerm might yet fulfill his promise. Albeit a tad late.

They were protesting and at the same time expressing their political stance peacefully.

I wonder what the constitution has to say about separatists?

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

I would nominate you as Interior Minister in a red cabinet if only Thai's gave a rats arse about farang opinion.

If you are a farang why are you indulging in the ludicrous fantasy of 'nominating ' ministers? And if you are a thai you seem too agitated to claim not to care about farang opinion.

I would nominate you as Interior Minister in a red cabinet if only Thai's gave a rats arse about farang opinion.

If you are a farang why are you indulging in the ludicrous fantasy of 'nominating ' ministers? And if you are a thai you seem too agitated to claim not to care about farang opinion.

Farangs have no right to nominate ministers, that belongs to a fugitive criminal hiding in Dubai. If he were only nominating rather than actually appointing, some farangs might be much less disgusted with the situation.

Edited by JRSoul

If the people of Issan want to become a republic then let them.

I just hope they have to get apply for a work permit, get a visa, do 90 day reporting and are denied the right to buy land or get a personal loan from the banks, just like any other foreigner. If they decide to move or work in The Kingdom of Thailand.

Sorry to be so cynical but this is just a power grab, an opportunity by some of the more extreme elements of the red shirt movement to make a play for carving out their slice of the pie. To convince the people of Issan they are better off without the rest of Thailand, with the reds as their leaders and a select few of the reds in charge of the purse strings.

I would hazard the guess that the majority of thai GDP is generated in the area that constitutes Isaan and northern Thailand - although the majority of investment and expenditure I'm sure goes to the Bangkok region. Moreover, though the Suthep acolytes belittle the fact, the majority of thais, and thai voters, also inhabit the former regions.

I would hazard the guess that the majority of thai GDP is generated in the area that constitutes Isaan and northern Thailand - although the majority of investment and expenditure I'm sure goes to the Bangkok region. Moreover, though the Suthep acolytes belittle the fact, the majority of thais, and thai voters, also inhabit the former regions.

Your hazardous guess is wrong. Strange as it may seem, the majority of GDP comes from the majority of investment and expenditure, as does the majority of taxation revenue, not from labour-intensive low-value agricultural crops that need subsidies to be worth harvesting.

• Like 1

I just hope they have to get apply for a work permit, get a visa, do 90 day reporting and are denied the right to buy land or get a personal loan from the banks, just like any other foreigner. If they decide to move or work in The Kingdom of Thailand.

Sorry to be so cynical but this is just a power grab, an opportunity by some of the more extreme elements of the red shirt movement to make a play for carving out their slice of the pie. To convince the people of Issan they are better off without the rest of Thailand, with the reds as their leaders and a select few of the reds in charge of the purse strings.

Triffic.

Say it with flowers - buy Tida a triffid.

Cars - Ayutthaya, Rayong

Rice - but not any more

Shrimps - but not in the north

Tapioca

Tourism - mainly Bangkok and south

I'm struggling to see how Lanna could support itself. Especially with Thaksin and his whacky schemes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep has shone a bright light on this government, its failed policies and mounting debt, causing the cockroaches to run for the darkness. If they decide that they want to form their own little destitute ghetto and rob each other blind, that is their own business, and certainly no fault of Suthep.

However, those advocating secession might want to take a look at the penalties that apply to the crime of real sedition.

Will Suthep suffer the same penalties for calling for the overthrow of democracy and the imposition of an unelected people's council? It's not as if he hasn't called for violence to further his goals either (remember his recent "popcorn" speech).

The fact that he is not in jail right now highlights Thailand's current lack of rule of law, which is fuelling all of this secession stuff.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think even more damaging in the long term than the lack of rule of law is that the blatant lack of impartiality of the courts and the key official institutions such as the NACC & EC has become so clear. (The position of the army has I suppose been long known to all thais.)

Keep guessing, Triffid! That's what you're good at. smile.png

Don't be so dense.

Leaving aside the Lanna sentiments, Bruce has got the meaning of republic right. I fear you are exposing your ignorance.

Certainly nothing from the Red Shirt Boss, who just yesterday was declaring:

Red shirt leader rules out separating Thailand

Wrong! Here is the GDP per region:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thai_provinces_by_GPP

Approx 18% of the GDP comes from the northern + northeastern regions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pmugghc
  • Like 1

Maybe the loony fringe on this site will now understand just exactly what it is they have been supporting in their frenzied, grovelling, fawning adulation of Suthep

Given the topic, it would seem a slight change is more accurate

Maybe the loony fringe on this site will now understand just exactly what it is they have been supporting in their frenzied, grovelling, fawning adulation of Red Shirts

I wonder what the constitution has to say about separatists?

CHAPTER I

General Provisions

Section 1. Thailand is one and indivisible Kingdom.

Death penalty for secessionist- source Thai criminal code

• Like 1

Your hazardous guess is wrong. Strange as it may seem, the majority of GDP comes from the majority of investment and expenditure, as does the majority of taxation revenue, not from labour-intensive low-value agricultural crops that need subsidies to be worth harvesting.

Leaving aside the fact that a lot of factories may be located in Isaan/Lanna, it is surely the case that factories in Thailand, wherever they are located, are heavily reliant on cheap (mainly Isaan) labour just as much as on Bangkok capital. Finally, my comment on investment/expenditure was addressing the fact that most government expenditure on infrastructure etc probably goes to the Bangkok region and non-regional entities.

Wrong! Here is the GDP per region:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thai_provinces_by_GPP

Approx 18% of the GDP comes from the northern + northeastern regions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OK. But please see my point about cheap labour in Bangkok factories.

Triffic.

Say it with flowers - buy Tida a triffid.

Cars - Ayutthaya, Rayong

Rice - but not any more

Shrimps - but not in the north

Tapioca

Tourism - mainly Bangkok and south

I'm struggling to see how Lanna could support itself. Especially with Thaksin and his whacky schemes

It would certainly spell the end to Thaksin's Thailand Riviera scheme.

http://www.eturbonews.com/1738/thailand-samak-govt-i-have-a-dream%E2%80%A6

There's not much of a coastline in the People's Democratic Republic of Lanna.

Don't be so dense.

Leaving aside the Lanna sentiments, Bruce has got the meaning of republic right. I fear you are exposing your ignorance.

I believe that when Yingluck was met with "President" banners, it was worth the benefit of the doubt that the implications were misunderstood.

However this was in Thai and there is no doubt of the meaning. The Thai press and the Thai people are clear on that.

The translation was correct.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app