Red shirts wear rebellion headbands to welcome Yingluck

webfact

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

This is the result. I hope he likes it.

It's his only achievement in 4 months.

Suthep has shone a bright light on this government, its failed policies and mounting debt, causing the cockroaches to run for the darkness. If they decide that they want to form their own little destitute ghetto and rob each other blind, that is their own business, and certainly no fault of Suthep.

However, those advocating secession might want to take a look at the penalties that apply to the crime of real sedition.

Will Suthep suffer the same penalties for calling for the overthrow of democracy and the imposition of an unelected people's council? It's not as if he hasn't called for violence to further his goals either (remember his recent "popcorn" speech).

The fact that he is not in jail right now highlights Thailand's current lack of rule of law, which is fuelling all of this secession stuff.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep cannot suffer the same penalties for calling for the overthrow of Shinawatra Regime and the imposition of an unelected people's council.

It's not as if he hasn't called for violence to further his goals either ( his recent "popcorn" speech was a intimidation for RED SHIRTS will to act violently against the PDCR pro-democracy movement crowd ).

The fact that Yingluck is not in jail right now highlights Thailand's current lack of rule of law

She is clearly charged with many corruption heads and the fact that her RED SHIRTS party crowds are involved of killing be it innocent or not children and mature .

The fact that the government controls the POLICE is not a fault of Suthep , is a problem of internal system , where the law should be impartial and do not side with the government .

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep has been dividing the nation with his speeches every night for the past 4 months.

If the people of Issan want to become a republic then let them.

I just hope they have to get apply for a work permit, get a visa, do 90 day reporting and are denied the right to buy land or get a personal loan from the banks, just like any other foreigner. If they decide to move or work in The Kingdom of Thailand.

Sorry to be so cynical but this is just a power grab, an opportunity by some of the more extreme elements of the red shirt movement to make a play for carving out their slice of the pie. To convince the people of Issan they are better off without the rest of Thailand, with the reds as their leaders and a select few of the reds in charge of the purse strings.

I would hazard the guess that the majority of thai GDP is generated in the area that constitutes Isaan and northern Thailand - although the majority of investment and expenditure I'm sure goes to the Bangkok region. Moreover, though the Suthep acolytes belittle the fact, the majority of thais, and thai voters, also inhabit the former regions.

Wrong! Here is the GDP per region:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thai_provinces_by_GPP

Approx 18% of the GDP comes from the northern + northeastern regions.

It could well result in a similar Per Capita GDP for the inhabitants of the People's Democratic Republic of Lanna as is enjoyed by the other neighboring People's Democratic Republic, Laos, at US$1,417 (2012 figure).

However, the resulting exchange rate for Thaki's would be comparable to Kip's @ 8,018 per US$1 (today's figure), so at least people living there might feel they are rich.

Edited by Davidhere

I would hazard the guess that the majority of thai GDP is generated in the area that constitutes Isaan and northern Thailand - although the majority of investment and expenditure I'm sure goes to the Bangkok region. Moreover, though the Suthep acolytes belittle the fact, the majority of thais, and thai voters, also inhabit the former regions.

Your hazardous guess is wrong. Strange as it may seem, the majority of GDP comes from the majority of investment and expenditure, as does the majority of taxation revenue, not from labour-intensive low-value agricultural crops that need subsidies to be worth harvesting.

Leaving aside the fact that a lot of factories may be located in Isaan/Lanna, it is surely the case that factories in Thailand, wherever they are located, are heavily reliant on cheap (mainly Isaan) labour just as much as on Bangkok capital. Finally, my comment on investment/expenditure was addressing the fact that most government expenditure on infrastructure etc probably goes to the Bangkok region and non-regional entities.

Cambodians are all the rage now. Cheap as chips

Quite fitting that the word Lanna means "a million rice fields"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ Not one of the PTP top brass have (AFAIK) condemned the separatists. Chalerm might yet fulfill his promise. Albeit a tad late.

They were protesting and at the same time expressing their political stance peacefully.

I wonder what the constitution has to say about separatists?

Ask the Southern separatist movements. For my comment on this issue, read my postings on this topic here.

^ Not one of the PTP top brass have (AFAIK) condemned the separatists. Chalerm might yet fulfill his promise. Albeit a tad late.

They were protesting and at the same time expressing their political stance peacefully.

Do you support seperation?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For my comment and feeling toward this issue, read my postings here on this topic.

While advocating secession. Tell it to the judge.

Want to know more about my comment and feeling on this issue, read my postings here on this topic.

For my comment and feeling toward this issue, read my postings here on this topic.

Ive read already what you said about your Lanna roots. Answer the question. Yes or no?

• Like 1

Want to know more about my comment and feeling on this issue, read my postings here on this topic.

What's second prize?

Ive read already what you said about your Lanna roots. Answer the question. Yes or no?

Yes, and what did I said about me having LANNA linkage and my comment and feeling on this issue?

What is your problem? Are you having a problem on sharing your opinion on the unifying of Thailand? Or have you ever?

What's second prize?

What are you asking??? You getting confused and dizzy from your spins.?

• Like 1

I would nominate you as Interior Minister in a red cabinet if only Thai's gave a rats arse about farang opinion.

If you are a farang why are you indulging in the ludicrous fantasy of 'nominating ' ministers? And if you are a thai you seem too agitated to claim not to care about farang opinion.

Triffid...you've had your day...I'm only here for cheap cigarettes!

Of course I'm not a proxy - never even spoken to the fellow.

If he doesn't want to answer questions posed by you then he doesn't have to.

Suthep has shone a bright light on this government, its failed policies and mounting debt, causing the cockroaches to run for the darkness. If they decide that they want to form their own little destitute ghetto and rob each other blind, that is their own business, and certainly no fault of Suthep.

However, those advocating secession might want to take a look at the penalties that apply to the crime of real sedition.

You really do not understand what real sedition is, check out Suthep action for the last 4 months, if he tried that in the US he would be behind bars, or dead.

If the ammart do not observe the constitution of Thailand's Democracy they will be responsible for any separation of Thailand.

That was no bright light it was fireflies flying around where Suthep's brain should have been!

Cheers

Of course I'm not a proxy - never even spoken to the fellow.

If he doesn't want to answer questions posed by you then he doesn't have to.

A familiar theme from The Thai Rouge

I have had an interesting day, there have been shouting and tantrums and I was banned from the internet for most of the day.

Half the bliddy village has been involved and the consensus is still that the word that is being translated as republic has no meaning in the anti-royalty context.

Most people are saying that it means the King is not involved in the government and they are saying that Thailand is also a republic because there is no royal in the government.

I will be keeping a low profile until Tuesday when I get back to Bangkok.

The village is in Issaan and thay are strongly against splitting the country.

If the people of Issan want to become a republic then let them.

I just hope they have to get apply for a work permit, get a visa, do 90 day reporting and are denied the right to buy land or get a personal loan from the banks, just like any other foreigner. If they decide to move or work in The Kingdom of Thailand.

Sorry to be so cynical but this is just a power grab, an opportunity by some of the more extreme elements of the red shirt movement to make a play for carving out their slice of the pie. To convince the people of Issan they are better off without the rest of Thailand, with the reds as their leaders and a select few of the reds in charge of the purse strings.

It certainly ain't Democratic. It's also possible treason. And hey Shannon (and your mates) it supports every word I have ever posted about the autocrat in Dubai. Happily, they won't get away with it. And Thaksin's little farang acolytes will have to find some other dictator to support. There's a great one in North Korea that may fit the bill!

• Like 1

Maybe the loony fringe on this site will now understand just exactly what it is they have been supporting in their frenzied, grovelling, fawning adulation of Suthep

Oh yeah, red shirts want to secede and form their own Northern republic while raising a 600,000 strong 'tactically trained' militia. And yet, we have mentally challenged reds having the cheek to call us the loony fringe. rolleyes.gif

I wasn't thinking of you Gerry...more those who see no merit at all in dialogue/negotiation/resolution and keep up the chanting about driving Shins out ( regardless of the impact of that on others and the preception of it in the broader community). As I said, a loony fringe.

It's not lunacy to want to get rid of corrupt politicians. Particularly those that want to 'own' the checks and balances designed to limit their power.

Maybe the loony fringe on this site will now understand just exactly what it is they have been supporting in their frenzied, grovelling, fawning adulation of Suthep

Oh yeah, red shirts want to secede and form their own Northern republic while raising a 600,000 strong 'tactically trained' militia. And yet, we have mentally challenged reds having the cheek to call us the loony fringe. rolleyes.gif

I wasn't thinking of you Gerry...more those who see no merit at all in dialogue/negotiation/resolution and keep up the chanting about driving Shins out ( regardless of the impact of that on others and the preception of it in the broader community). As I said, a loony fringe.

It's not lunacy to want to get rid of corrupt politicians. Particularly those that want to 'own' the checks and balances designed to limit their power.

Suthep is one of the most corrupt politicians in Thailand. That is according to a discussion between the Democrat party and the US Embassy. Go read the leaked US cables.

So, yes ...it is lunacy for a corrupt politician to get rid of another corrupt politician. Nobody is claiming that the Shinawatras are not corrupt, but this is an attempted power grab, nothing more.

Suthep is one of the most corrupt politicians in Thailand. That is according to a discussion between the Democrat party and the US Embassy. Go read the leaked US cables.

So, yes ...it is lunacy for a corrupt politician to get rid of another corrupt politician. Nobody is claiming that the Shinawatras are not corrupt, but this is an attempted power grab, nothing more.

power grab for WHAT!

By all accounts there is not much left, Hence the complete chaos at getting the farmers their money!

PS: Suthep is no longer a politician!

I have had an interesting day, there have been shouting and tantrums and I was banned from the internet for most of the day.

Half the bliddy village has been involved and the consensus is still that the word that is being translated as republic has no meaning in the anti-royalty context.

Most people are saying that it means the King is not involved in the government and they are saying that Thailand is also a republic because there is no royal in the government.

I will be keeping a low profile until Tuesday when I get back to Bangkok.

The village is in Issaan and thay are strongly against splitting the country.

Well it just goes to show that the people up in the village have no idea about the make up of their own constitution and monarchy !

"The Monarchy of Thailand (also referred to as the King of Thailand or historically as King of Siam) (Thai: พระมหากษัตริย์ไทย) refers to the constitutional monarchy and monarch of the Kingdom of Thailand(formerly Siam). The King of Thailand is the head of state and head of the ruling Royal House of Chakri. The king's power is not limited to being a symbolic figurehead (see below), and the institution commands the respect and reverence of the Thai people.[1]

The current monarch of Thailand is Bhumibol Adulyadej. The king has reigned since 9 June 1946, making him the world's longest reigning current monarch and the world’s longest serving head of state. Most of the king's powers are exercised by his elected government in accordance with the Constitution of Thailand. "

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Thailand

Bloody record is stuck.

Wow, a few red shirts with some provocative bandanas! laugh.png

Is there any more pictures than the ten or so that we see in this thread? Regardless, it's not like it's even in the realms of possibility of actually happening.

Shanon T

I would nominate you as Interior Minister in a red cabinet if only Thai's gave a rats arse about farang opinion.

I think minister of B S would be a better position. She /He have shown a good aptitude for it.

If you haven't noticed, the OP is about Thai opinion.

Then keep yours to your self.coffee1.gif